Implants keep players from playing the game

you cant lauch those in low sec? i call BS

You cant launch them in low sec or high sec

1 Like

cant, or dont want to because of concord?

You can turn safety red and spam the button, it wii not let you

1 Like

Holy crap man, first work out wtf you’re talking about, then maybe come back and try posting again, cause currently you’re just coming off as a child throwing a tantrum, a child that has no clue what you’re talking about… of course if you’re fine with that, carry on.

As the above posters have attempted to point out, you cannot launch warp disruption probes in high or low sec, not because of ‘fear of concord’ or any other nonsense you can come up with, but because the game will not let you.

I find it especially amusing you deride all the ‘vets’ as elitist trolls, yet you do not have even a basic understanding of the game elements involved… just amaze :confused:

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

4 Likes

There are things the game will not let you do in high or low, regardless of safety. This is one of them.

Thanks for making it clear that you’re nothing but a troll poster.

But for anyone else who actually thinks this is a good idea:
This topic has come up plenty of times before. The end result is the same. Grow a ■■■■■■■ spine and deal with it. You’re putting your own dumb restrictions on what you’re allowed to do and then blaming CCP for it. CCP isn’t responsible for your own dumb mistakes (like telling yourself that you need to have +5s in your head for maximum learning). They certainly do no owe you anything in that regard.

To matter how many we “your game is dying, and my idea will save it (but I’m not gonna show any proof!)” arguments you make.

1 Like

I’m boot shaking scared to loose my implants, I am shitting myself terrified and it is the implants fault!

:rofl:

1 Like

But there is some truth in it.
Because of the many clones, which are spread over several stations, I’m just too lazy to warp back and forth, to swap clones just to offer some neutrals in the system pvp. Or it’s just too little time to switch the clones (■■■■■■■ 6 sec delay everywhere) and they are gone again.

So for me the problem is not so much the implants, but the delay in switching and the distribution of the clones.

1 Like

Finally a non idiot.

The delay prevents abuse of the system.

These are the CDs that annoy me the most.

6-7 seconds cd after leaving ship
6-7 seconds cd for undock after clone change
6-7 seconds cd (to use gates) after joining fleet

How can you abuse them?

No, you are a moron. You can swap clones in a citadel for free without a timer if you care about your implants so much. You can fly with cheaper ones. You can even choose to not use them. Either way the discouragement is all in your head.

1 Like

Your premise is false. People PvP in both empty and expensive pods all the time.

What you’re actually saying is that people who have expensive implants and are unwilling to risk them don’t go out and PvP. And there is no problem with this at all.^

Risk vs. reward. You want those +5 implants? No problem. Pay up and either stay docked or risk losing them if you undock. They’re no different than any expensive ship. If you’re not willing to take that risk, don’t use them, or keep an empty clone to PvP in. It’s really that simple.

^I think the whole notion of learning implants is a bit borked, especially given that CCP did away with the learning skills, but that’s more to do with skill training and less to do with stifling PvP. Best to have that discussion elsewhere I think

2 Likes

your premise is false. it keeps players from playing the game therefore is unhealthy for the community and longevity of the game. Anyone who is not an idiot is going to remove implants before PVPing. your argument that people do is very silly.

your making a irreverent straw man argument.

Faction and officer modules are too expensive to lose in PvP, too. How can we fix that?

You do understand how jump clone mechanics work, right? You can keep expensive implants in one clone, keep another clone empty, and do your PvPing in the empty clone without risking or unplugging your expensive implants. (Or, you know, you can PvP with expensive implants. I hear lots of players do it.)

Also, I explained why your premise is false. You can’t just come back and say “No, yours is false!” without explaining it. Simply reasserting your premise without justification or proof is a pretty weak argument.

1 Like

Those cooldowns are due to the way the server handles information, not player abuse.
If I recall correctly, the system needs a moment to make sure that everything is updated properly before the player goes out and performs another action.

In the case of Jump Clones:

• The 24 hour timer for jump-clones was originally implemented because “power projection” was (and still is) an issue in the game.
    – If players are allowed to move between multiple clones at different stations across the map without restriction, then entire fleets of players can mobilize and effectively conduct wars on multiple fronts with little restraint (besides the funding and placement of ships/equipment).

• Citadels (see: player-owned stations) have a special feature that allows players to place a jump clone in said station. A player can then swap with that clone with no timer.
    – The reason this has not been made more “public” (see: the reason it has not been implemented in NPC stations too) is because the DEVs want to give players reasons for putting up citadels (see: the DEVs want to give players incentives/advantages for risking citadels).

Now… as for the OP…

Confirming that no one can launch Warp Disruption Probes or put up Interdictor Fields in empire space (pretty much any system that has 1.0 to 0.1 security status).

This means that Interdictors are nothing more than faster, tankier Destroyers.
And Heavy Interdictors are simply VERY tanky cruisers.
(Note: Heavy Interdictos can still use their Warp Disruption field, but only on single targets)

Also confirming this.

Once a player gets used to PvPing, there should be no reason to lose a pod outside of certain “exceptions.”
The reason for this is simple: Pods can insta-warp.

As soon as one sees that their ship is about to die… select any destination (doesn’t matter which) and spam that warp button).

How do I know this?
There are quite a few players in low-sec who fly around with MULTI-BILLION ISK implant sets.
I used to be one of them. I probably only lost 1 or 2 sets over the course of two years.

When I suspected that I would be going into a situation where losing my pod was a strong possibility (like a drunken roam or a dip into 0.0 space), I swapped into a “naked” clone (no implants).

If you are new to PvP and want to try it out, I advise you start in a clone with no implants.
Which leads me to the next point:

Repeat the next few points after me:

1. You do not need perfect skills or ships to PvP.

2. There is no such thing as “catching up” in terms of skills.

3. Implants are a luxury item. They are not mandatory.

To expand on these points:
1a. Because you seem to lack experience and knowledge of the game, no amount of skillpoints are going to help you survive. This is not to say that skillpoints are not important, merely that you will never get you to a point where you can WTFPWN anyone who has less skillpoints than you if you lack experience and knowledge.
Simply getting certain skills in a specialty/ship/weapon up to level 4 will allow you be fairly competitive… provided that you know what you are doing.

2a. You have 5 million skillpoints and all of it is focused on maxing out Frigate skills. So you fly Frigates for the most part.
You then meet a veteran with 150 million skillpoints flying another frigate. That veteran may also be maxed out in Frigate skills too.
BOTH OF YOUR ARE AT THE SAME “LEVEL.”
Why?
Because you are both flying frigates and only frigate skills matter in Frigate-on-Frigate combat.
And yes, the veteran can just change ships. But not in that moment. In that moment only frigate skills apply. The veteran’s other 145 million skillpoints are not a factor.

3a. Implants only increase the rate of Skillpoint accumulation by relatively small margins… margins that only add up after YEARS of playing the game.
One is better served to plug in cheaper implants (or forgo them entirely) and just have fun.
But wait… why have implants at all then?
Well… if you plan to go on vacation, “hibernate” your character for personal reasons, or simply want to cruise through high-sec then they are ideal.

tldr:

• The only thing stopping you from PvPing is you
  • You do not need to train at the max possible rate
  • You do not need “perfect” skills

Simply grab a couple dozen frigates, hop into a naked clone, accept that learning how to PvP is going to be painful no matter what, talk with other PvPers, and LEARN.

4 Likes

Quoting this bit of treasure for emphasis. This cannot be said often enough.

2 Likes