Isaac Collins for CSM 16 - Piracy & Lowsec are my life [Updated w/Appearance Links.]

Hello, thanks for reading my campaign post today.

Introduction:
My name is Isaac Collins, and I’ve been one of the many scumbags of EVE who primarily and almost exclusively does gate camping and smart bombing. I do not enjoy other activities, and what I enjoy most in this game is being able to truly troll and hurt people (in the game). I enjoy being one of the bad guys.

That said, I have my fair share of losses, one among them is an 7 Billion ISK, Officer fit, Smart bombing Machariel, (Here’s the Ibis that I killed that baited me into the conflict). I have many loss mails, among them is tons of tons of Onyx’s that get destroyed on the gate from bait, hot drops, and clever fleets that come in and pretend to be a helpless ship but dunk me and my friends brutally.

I also hold the 18th position, in the Top Kills of all time in the Onyx. Exclusively and only done in gate camping, 0 fleets in null sec what so ever.

I believe gate camping, and being a pirate is true content, and I believe it helps create more content. The primary benefit of being a gate camper is the passive income that you get from killing people, not having to haul much stuff to you in terms of modules, more or less living off the traffic and the land. You get nice dynamic bounty bonsues in your system, up to 197% currently in Rancer. So there are many benefits.

I don’t know much about the games high level play, because I am not a high level player. What I do know is that through the fights and politics of these kinds of gate camping systems, much content has been made over the years. Fights to control the systems are very common, fights to own the campers are super common, baiting the campers is super common, and getting turbo dunked by WH players is very common as well. I think gate camping is a major content provider in the eco system of EVE.

Now does that mean I want to give myself and play style and advantage, or make it easier for us to kill people? Destroy cloaky camping? No, nothing of the sort. My primary advocacy is to get more choke points in the game similar to Rancer/Vecamia, and other constantly used routes. I don’t think these routes should be the exclusive way to get to other hubs, or desired areas, but I do think that they should be the fastest routes to those places.

I think some of the high sec systems should be turned to low sec, and many low sec systems, especially in Amarr space, should become high sec systems. I think EVE’S empire space needs to have its systems security status as a whole to be reworked, so that you as a hauler, or traveler, can take the 22 jump safe route and never fear a loss, or take the 10 jump turbo route, with 2 low sec systems to go through.

More risk, more reward, more conflict, more fights to control these zones. I think choke points add more content to the game and if elected, I would go out of my way to help push for anything that added more conflicts in low sec.

I think the current cyno changes to capitals were a good change. I would advocate for more events in low sec, I would advocate that low sec get even Higher Dynamic Bounty rates than null sec, since lowsec has the most ship destruction on a daily basis, especially for individual systems, it also has the highest amount of traffic through conflict zones, out doing most null sec areas.

I think the dead space low sec areas need to be reworked and reshaped so that more traffic would go through the area, with less low sec systems over all, but more conflict/choke points in them.

My EVE Story:
I was invited to this game in 2013, from my closest friend at the time, we still play together and it’s been a major joy in my life since then.

Gate camping was the first real content I experienced in 2013. Test and Goons were fighting bigger back then, and me and my friend joined a group that gate camped the low sec connections to Syndicate.

Fast forward 5 years later. I really get into the game now. I meet group of guys in Rancer, after they had killed me, immediately I attempted to join, and was declined originally, but I tried again a couple months later and managed to get myself in. This was a great place, and the first 2 months there were such a blast, eventually we got kicked out. As the corp started falling apart I made my own corp, Smartbomb Syndicate, we would move all over New Eden to gate camp. We camped Oulley, Aubenall, Obalyu, Abune, Yvangier, and then finally Fruleger.
I managed to negotiate us a position in the alliance Coastal Brotherhood. (Some great friends I have over there to this day, they could call on me at any moments notice and I would be willing to aid them. I even keep my Phoneix in their primary system just in case.) Fruleger was the pinnacle of gate camping, big kills, constant fights, constant content. It was great. I think Non- Faction Warfare low sec, is a very special place, and deserves to be preserved and enhanced.

Why do I want to run for CSM?:
Well currently, Low Sec in general is really lacking in many capacities, but non faction warfare low sec is in even more dire straights. I wish to be a voice for all of lowsec, and all of the players in new eden, even high sec players and wormhole players, null players, I don’t support breaking the balance of the game, but I do want the specific styles of play to be preserved and enriched.

As a non faction warfare low sec player, many times I find myself allied with AU,CN, RU corps and alliances, and they deserve to be represented too by the CSM. Many of my closest friends from Fruleger were non-native english speakers who struggled to communicate, but we still hung out together and enjoyed each others company.

I bring to the table some very unique suggestions and ideas, and I have the time to make all the meetings that would be required, including the summit. I would take my position very seriously, and listen to anyone who would ask to speak with me. Brisc Rubal has really inspired me in terms of the CSM, and I think his manner of being active and keeping in touch with the community should really be the golden standard for every single CSM, not just him.

Your areas of expertise.
Gate camping, getting Cyno’d, getting dunked by good players from WH’s, getting Jebaited, and getting big bling kills so I can afford to die again tomorrow; The Circle of Life of New Eden.

Extra Credentials:

So to give you all a better idea of what I stand for and what I oppose, here is a list of all my positions on many of the changes that have come over the years, as well a link to Reddit threads I made advocating for some of these changes around 2018, to show I not only supported the changes that were made, retro actively, but I was actively thinking of solutions to many of these issues before they were ever even brought to the forefront, and I’ll even link some of the ideas I had that are original to me.

Original Ideas I’ve suggested in the past:

1.) Notes being able to be added to players when you add them to the contact list, so that you can quickly see something like “Cyno”, “Blops”, “Botter”, “Red Alt of X” when you highlight over their contact list symbol in local.

2.) Not really an original Idea but, a Dyson Sphere to be used for passive income gains.

3.) Support for putting Bookmarks in players overviews.

4.) Unique Idea for reworking the currently disabled, Player Bounty system.

4.B) More suggestions for revamping the Player Bounty system.

5.) Expressing great disdain for the salvage of an Obelisk being a pathetic pay out, suggesting they be increased in general.

6.) Quality of Life benefit of adding Simulate Ship option to the right click option when looking at ships on the market instead of having to left click it twice in seeing its model to simulate it.

7.) Suggesting CCP turn Project Discovery into a phone app so you could do it while out and about.

8.) Suggesting a revamp of the Ingame Corp Search tool be done

9.) Suggesting that WH sleeper data/archaelogy sites be more interesting than “rats” at X site.

10.) Suggesting the Venture get an additional bonus per level, 5% additional chance to succede in salvaging, per level. (So new players could actually do salvaging as an activity)

11.) Suggesting EVE have more information about rats, effects, and information accessible in game.

12.) Suggesting the base probe strength of probes or ships that can use them, be increased significantly so people spend less time probing when doing roams/exploration.

13.) Suggesting instead of Filaments being acquired from the actual Abyssal Site, but be obtained through Data Sites in the game and give higher difficulty ones, higher level filaments.

14.) Suggesting when authentic new players are killed that they be put in a channel that players can talk to them in to help them learn from the experience

15.) Suggesting random 1 off Low sec, or even High Sec systems should be randomly put in Null sec

16.) Constructive Criticism about the Gala Event in 2019 that got a “TY for the helpful info” from CCP

Popular Ideas that I have supported that have also come to fruition:

1.) Support for the effective removal of Supercaps in Low sec. (Well before the major changes that have made the extreme risk of bringing one to low sec tangaible)

2.) Before nerfing fighters became a popular position I had suggested a way to nerf them by adding a new type of ship/drone class of anti-fighters/anti-Drones so that more roles could be added to the game.

3.) General advocacy for the buffing of Marauders

4.) Reforms to the Bounty System in PVE (My suggestion/version of the reform didn’t come true but I did support reform to it and currently like the Dynamic Bounty system.)

Random posts that show some of my history:

1.) Showing gratitude to players of Highsec because of how valuable they are to the eco system of EVE in PVP and PVE

2.) My views on how you should handle a situation as a gate camper/low sec player if you end up killing a newer player.

3.) Me taking great pride and joy in being spanked by a player significantly better than myself.

Some additional stances that I hold:

1.) Dynamic Bounties should increase the difficulty level of anomalies in a system. The signatures and anom’s should be worth doing especially if you are seeking out isolated places on the edges, or doing sites in a scary destructive system.

2.) Scanning wormholes should be instant if you have astrometrics 5, and the supporting skills trained to 4. (I think this would make WH players lives a lot easier, and it would spark more content in side of worm holes in more visitors, and inside of WH, more opportunities to easily find a system worth roaming to.
I also think this would help decrease the amount of fatigue that WH corps have with players/new players, in having to constantly scan everything or probe it, it’s incredibly tedious and deserves to have the probe strength increased in general, but this is a solid compromise to help too.)

3.) The bounty system needs minor reforms, the current system actually works pretty well, but it should be disabled in Null sec for server performance in most cases, and it should also only have the top 10 most wanted players, who are actually active and playing the game, or have killed a ship in the past 2 days, etc. No more of this trying to hunt players who aren’t even playing the game anymore.

4.) Filaments that teleport you to different areas in new eden like the needle jacks, should probably not work while you have a criminal/suspect, or combat timer. (I’m not hard on this position but I think the people who use these for pvp, shouldn’t also be able to easily just use them to run away the moment things get heated without having to try to hide or run)

5.) I would like to see more identity around pirates and faction security. CCP Rise has said they still want to to do that navy rework for faction ships. I would like to see a bonus to those ships for having + security status, and a bonus to pirate ships for having negative security status. They already have this kind of coding mechanic in the game on some of the CONCORD ships, so it would be easy to implement if they liked the idea. Alternatively, you could make it so it works off the faction standing you have with those factions, So you couldn’t fly a machariel without Angel faction standing or you get a bonus for having that standing, etc

6.) I would like to see brawling ships gain some kind of bonus for using short range heavy damage, high powergrid weapons. As of current the meta in all fleets is to use long range Munnins, Ravens, or Cerbs, etc, trying to reach a critical mass of alphaing a group. I would like to see brawling ships gain a big EHP boost or speed boost, or damage boost, because they have the same EHP at the moment, but currently have to deal with everything in short range, including scrams, webs, fighters, and slow movement speed. I think if they’re EHP is increased it would also give smaller groups the option to fight up closer, and potentially beat bigger groups relying on the advantage of range.

Appearances:

ZehPando’s FC Chat: Twitch

Guldan Age Stories Interview: Interview with an Eve Online Player: Isaac Collins for CSM - YouTube

Ashterothi Interview: Twitch

Lowlife Podcast Interview:

DTM15’S CSM ROYALE: Saturday 5/7/2021

<Than10Podcast: Soon

Thank you to everyone who has me on their shows. I appreciate it greatly, and I’m happy to be a guest again even if I don’t win a spot on the CSM.

Thank you for reading my post, and I will be happy to put in a FAQ section after answering any questions you may have. If you would like to ask me any questions yourself, or talk to me in general to confront me about my bad ideas,please add me on discord and feel free to harass me. I can handle the heat.

Discord Tag: Apollexis#0930

1 Like

You should talk to fellow candidate RonUSMC. I think you guys would have a lot of things to discuss with each other.

2 Likes

Seems my previous response, I mistook Phantom for RonUSMC. I am going to attempt to set up a conversation with him, I think it would actually be a really fun debate to have people with completely opposing views talk about their positions and defend them.

1 Like

Isaac, your candidacy looks promising, but what is your opinion as to John Galt? I don’t see it addressed in your what matters to you section.

Thanks,
Augusto

Man, I won’t even pretend to know what or who that is. If you would be willing to enlighten me though, I’d be happpy to give any insight or opinion on my views on them/it.

Added a bunch of links to suggestions and reddit posts from my past to show ideas I have suggested in the past, ones I’ve supported that have actually become true over the 2 years that I was gone from EVE, and random ones that show my character as a player.

thnk God I so I don’t have to run for CSM :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I miss all of you guys in Frul a ton. Hope Fink is doing well, give him my best really. I’ve already gotten to speak with Neko and Waycharles.

Hello Isaac,
I agree that gate-camping and being a pirate is content.
Did go through your kill mails and it paints a picture of you having 96% efficiency.
By your own admission you could improve your success rate to +98% without impairing your gameplay content.
This is not balanced, imo. This has to be fixed, such that your chance of success is in the range of 60%-70%, but not more - otherwise you are just shooting fish in a barrel. I accept that you should have your gameplay style available to you, but your victims shouldn’t be left with 2% chance of recourse/survival. In fact, your actual victims have 0% chance to do anything to you. Only well organized groups can trick you into situations where you are on the receiving end of the exchange.

I imagine that increasing the risk level when gate-camping will improve your game play, at least at some level - because it will force you to spend more time to identify better (more valuable) targets. (This is extra activity => more content)
Higher chance of survival a gate-camp will increase the high profile targets available to you - since travelers will be more willing to take the risk.

The current situation with gate-camping seems to be one small step away from mass griefing.

1 Like

I’m happy to have a conversation about this, If the metric you’re going off of is efficiency, does this mean any null bloc players or super cap pilots that have similar amounts of efficiency are therefore imbalanced? If you want to continue this conversation, please add me on discord, Apollexis#0930, lets set up a real time conversation for this subject.

I should probably add some positions for stuff I support, like cloaky MWD, and no further changes to cynos, etc, I’m not looking to make camper lives easier. Just trying to provide more places for camps to happen.

Does it not seem a bit disingenious that you (a lowsec gatecamper) are campaigning for more chokepoints in low?

Like, I don’t see any positive impact of that change other than making your specific playstyle a whole lot easier.

It’s the cycle of content, and as a whole, it offers more opportunity for people to dunk on gate campers as well. There’s already many ways to get around gate campers; filaments, wormholes, etc, and as I said, would not want these choke points to be the only way to go to X place, it’s supposed to be a route you go to be faster, not the only route. In that respect making the quicker route more dangerous is something that seems to be completely in line with how we all see new eden.

1 Like

go on man, would be nice to have another lowsec canidate

1 Like

just make a 10 second warpout timer if smartbomb used ez fix

Bumping post so people know I’m the pirate king not that weab dude people keep watching for over a 1000 episodes

Updated with a discord link so people can talk/question/bully me on anything they would like. https://discord.gg/dkKyUkG9VV

Maybe some former csm members can chime in but I very much doubt changes like this are within the remit of the csm, nor would the vast majority of players want them.

Could you be a bit more specific in your criticism? Like which ones you think are bad, vs which ones you think are extremely bad etc. The point is to have a dialogue, and if you genuinely believe all of these to be bad policies, then I would really like to know what in specific it is that you think is bad, so I can see what I am missing. Thanks for your post.

Restructuring the geography of eve to make more chokepoints is both unneeded and exceedingly unlikely to happen.