Our mission is simple: reduce enemy ships to rubble and leave a trail of destruction in our wake.
In the age of the blue doughnut, Katothen shuns the blob. Our alliance, Total Eclipse, holds sovereignty in a couple of systems so we do get involved in fleet brawls, but our primary activity is engaging in small gang (3-8) and small fleet (10-20) combat, whether for strategic gain or for fun.
We do like to use our big toys, especially to destroy other peoples’ big toys, but our preferred gameplay is smaller scale engagements where better piloting decides the winner. We’re not looking to balloon into a massive corp, we’re looking for a few more pilots with the right mentality to join up and get in on the action.
We’re a proud member of Provi-bloc, and though our alliance are the black sheep of the family (NBSI outside Providence), we do what we can to help our coalition and protect our space. A lot of us were initially apprehensive about NRDS but there’s been more than enough content in our home region, and the fact that it lets us keep a short blue list and hold sov is more than we could get in any NBSI coalition.
Our ideal candidate
- You’re not afraid to lose ships in the name of getting great content, and you’re self-sufficient enough to replace your non-strategic losses;
- You can fly a stealth bomber and an interceptor;
- You’re actively playing the game – everyone from the CEO down is expected to get 30+ kills a month, attend fleets, and actively engage on TeamSpeak/Discord/the forums on a regular basis;
- You don’t have to have the greenest killboard, we’re more interested in evidence that you’re active in PvP than a super-refined record;
- You’re willing to follow the NRDS rules within Providence & Domain (you can shoot neutrals everywhere else).
You don’t need a super-green killboard or a hundred million SP to join us. We look for cultural fit & a high level of PvP activity above all else. If you’re active, keen to shoot ■■■■, and social enough to get involved on comms & the forums, you’ll probably be a great fit.
What do we offer?
- A laser focus on content, we have a stacked schedule every week with fleets in all timezones as well as regular ad hoc & unannounced fleets;
- No artificial barriers or hoops to jump through. You can ping fleets, create doctrines, and engage in experience-shaping discussions from day one;
- Plenty of learning opportunities. We have people with a variety of backgrounds and a wealth of experience, so chances are if you have a question about Eve, we can answer it;
- ISK-making in our sovereign space in nullsec. Whether you explore, mine, run Havens or build supercaps, we have you covered.
- The best community in Eve: we have active forums, people on comms throughout our active timezones, a highly active Discord server, and genuinely awesome people;
- The ambition to do something different – whilst other corps are coalescing around the three megablobs and setting up for everyday krabbing, we’re based in Providence for the huge amount of content at home and lean blue list.
How to apply…
All applications are via our forum – instructions in the thread. If you want to hang out and get to know us first, join our recruitment Discord and chat in #general. Alternatively, our in-game channel is Join Katothen. (with the period).
We’re highly active, so you’ll probably get a reply to your forum thread within a couple of hours during our active timezones (EU/US).
Interested but don’t meet our requirements?
Join Lunar Legion’s Discord, they’re a newbro-friendly corp in our alliance with programmes designed to get you ready to fly with us.