Keeping PvE players in EVE

I was thinking more like ESO or Warframe or something.

And yeah, I’m aware about WoW, played it for a long time before quitting a few years ago. Aside from the item loss, which can be trivialized in EVE anyway, WoW PvP (and gameplay in general) is by many measures considerably more hardcore and frustrating than what you can find here.

I find it kind of laughable when some EVE players tell other EVE players to “go back to WoW,” as if their elitism is actually justified. It isn’t. It’s just a bunch of self-fellating chop logic from armchair captains pretending that EVE turned them into hardmen with PTSD.

1 Like

this is a tabletop RPG

Unknown

this is a computer game, they are different

this is a rogue like ( its called nethack ) (its played on a computer , and have the random part of Oregon trail , with the fantasy setting and monsters and level up systems of D%D , cool eh )

this is a card game

images

this is a fantasy videogame

Unknown-1

they are different

this is a computer fantasy card game , wow what a novelty

this is a card game roguelike

giphy

edit:
lets suppose you are a squirrel with a jump clone , them a dog bites you from nowhere , and tells you, ill kill you if you don’t tell me were you stash the nuts
what should you do…

1. tell the dog were the nuts are and risk being killed anyway…
  2. say ■■■■ you dog , you can kill me , but the nuts are mine

now lets suppose you are a big old hippo with a jump clone (like a rorqual) , your big belly is made to eat enormous amounts of plants , the small cheetah cant touch you , you are JUST to big , maybe a lion ( tengu) , no , even to the big lion cant , you are just too big, but them one day some lions (tengu) and some crocodiles (machariel) make a deal and attack you at the same time wen you are having fun in the mud , you use your big mouth and destroy a lion , you sit in a poor crocodile , dead , but there are to many , you are screwed , you fight but you die, they have to share your fat , the group is large , every animal receive 1 kg o hippo meat, but they cant touch the fat you wasted to be alive all this years , the energy you wasted to hump Gloria is out of reach , and well its not your end , you have another BIG FAT jump clone hippo to keep spreading ■■■■ with your small tail another time

2 Likes

why in the past pve advice was to have JC’s all over. Its even easier these days with no standing needs so not sure how it fell off as SOP. I to speed this up paid the standing corp services long ago. Join…spam JC’s with corps standing, leave.

Set up different spots. One area too hot, jc it. Go to a quieter area. LIke one night I logged in not at my usual times and I see local spiked massively. See the names and I go damn that’'s alot of 0.0 types in the hood.

I was Guessing logistics op night or something. I know in the past when just that much faster for some roam/ops we cut through high sec space in some 0.0 crews.

I opted to JC. In case some in the area weren’t content to just hunt possible wt’s lol. Worked out too. rens and hek had some nice deals caldari space wasn’t seeing so I was jsut right there to pick up some deals in with the rat killing run.

I think my brain broke reading that.

2 Likes

So, big news, guys. I made a thread in ESO complaining about not being able to kill other players at my discretion and asking for that feature to be implemented into the game. And apparently while I was was napping, they banned me for trolling. I didn’t even get to read the replies.

Which begs the question: why would someone get banned for asking for non-consensual PvP in a safe PvE game, but not be banned for asking for safe PvE in a non-consensual PvP game? :thinking:

7 Likes

It’s already there, that’s called the uninstall button.

1 Like

Very much, this whole concept of “you have to be intelligent to play EVE” is clearly a lie as we keep running in to so many unintelligent folks day after day.

Can’t we all get along ? There is a lot of hate on this thread between PVPr’s and PVEr’s, but I think the game can satisfy both without either one trying to force out the other. I don’t think the current situation is too bad actually. I’m not into defending CCP, but I am sure they don’t want to lose any players if possible, and they have to walk a dangerous tightrope between PVP and PVE

But having a single server is part of what makes this game so unique, so getting rid of it would be a very bad idea.

It’s cheesy, but if we can’t figure out how to live with two different styles of gameplay on a video game, how can we hope to figure out the complexities of real life?

Two?

There are many gameplay styles in EVE, from solo PvP, multiplayer active PvE, low intensity PvE, market PvP, multiplayer empire building, solo PvE and many more.

All those players are welcome.

The only gameplay style that doesn’t exist in EVE is ‘PvE without possible PvP interference’. People who are looking for solo PvE gameplay without interference from other players are frankfully playing the wrong game.

5 Likes

The majority of PVP players also PVE so it’s not “pvp vs pve” it’s “people who understand that EVE is many things at the same time vs people who just want to do PVE and be left alone in their single player game”.

How do you want only PvE server if noone burn your PvE stuff in PvP? There isn’t mind PvE without PvP. Your idea is basically nonsense. :slight_smile:

EVE is a PVP ONLY game.

PvP is an aspect of the PvE in EVE, without it the PvE in EVE doesn’t really “work” to be honest. The threat of what players can do in each band of space, and what tools they can use for that, is part of the puzzle of the game.

1 Like

“EVE is a PVP ONLY game.”

True, but wrong. I remember the advertising for this game: be whatever you want. Are you a warrior whom like the close combat, nor a shadow warrior whom control the market from an office desk? The universe is yours, choose your path … bla bla.

In order to these wars to get going, you need an industrial army to sustain it. Miners, engineers, clever ppl whom control the market etc. Like … in the real life where the war is in Afghanistan is actually ruled by the rich people in USA. Funny, this rule is contested mostly by americans …

“whatever you want” means pretty much anything EXCEPT ‘solo, completely multiplayer avoidant, PvE player who ONLY engages in inflationary activities’ is a little too far.

2 Likes

Yes! Like I do market pvp. Why the fuk do you want me to engage in something I do no master, is beyond my understanding …

the pve player should be banned from game

“the pve player should be banned from game”

Well, actually they left the game a long time ago. Any so caled pve player in game at this time it’s a looser.

yea you misunderstood my post. If you ONLY engage in PvE and NEVER PvP you’re hurting the game more than you’re helping. Sure CCP wants another sub, but the playerbase doesn’t need another player roleplaying a market bot.