Knowledgeminer Vs Dracvlad thread

I would like to state again, that I would like to have a 50% chance of getting away from a gank.
I would also like to remind everyone discussing this one line from my opening post (my opening post for the last several years of CSM campaigning) that I do not imagine anyone on the CSM would have the ability to push CCP to do stuff like this.

Does not mean that I would not like it. I am after all, a carebear at heart.

As we saw on EVE Down Underm CCP have already noticed that they have not done enough to enable the conflict in EVE, and I really don’t imagine, after what the boss of CCP said at Eve Down Under, that they are going to be looking to make things… safer.

And I am grateful that the discussion here ended up in another thread.

2 Likes

You basically said that it was some arbitrary chance based mechanic and I linked what you said Knowledgeminer Vs Dracvlad thread - #51 by Dracvlad

In reply to what Lorelei said, it is utterly dishonest and incorrect. The only thing suggested was a variable CONCORD response time.

50% was applied to the overall balance and it does not require some chance based mechanism which you insist is needed for this, and you criticise her for this. It is here in your own words. And that is why I insisted you were talking out of your rear end.

As for the AFK part, Lorelei was talking about mining in hisec, as most gankers think that miners are AFK I made that connection. You are right you did not directly say it, but my focus was more on the fact that someone actually was sitting afk in lowsec for 60 minutes and did not die and compared it to the accusation that gankers apply to miners. So I did something similar to what you did. Here is what triggered you to go on your lowsec rant, and me to incorrectly add AFK.

1 Like

I think you might find that they were referring to nullsec, though mechanic changes there will have a massive negative impact on hisec as they are likely to involve making structures even weaker in hisec.

One of my main reasons for leaving nullsec was that I felt that CCP would do something to weaken asset security, so I moved everything out of nullsec structures.

Which is a just a comment on having more counters, less certainty and so on. No mention of any chance based mechanics at all.

1 Like

Do you mean a chance based mechanic? For example a 50% chance a CONCORD repair ship will spawn immediately and mitigate all damage or something similar?

I am trying to actually keep out of this thread. But there was an @Lorelei_Ierendi here, so I came yet again. Do you want to go and ask that question in my CSM Campaign Thread?

1 Like

You already have a 1`00% chance! Don’t get yourself into the situation to get ganked in the first place.

3 Likes

I would love to confirm again - there is no such thing as 50%. Gankers will find ways to make it 100%. If worst comes to worst they will just use alpha 'nadoes.

Also as a trader, industrialist and Minmatar I posit different view: get rid of CONCORD. CONCORD is evil. They permit enslavement of Minmatar by Amarr… down with the tyrants!

W/o chance based mechanics all that will happen is gankers adapting and 2 weeks later bears will cry for more nerfs to ganking.

7 Likes

Bumping needs to be adjusted so they cannot hold their prey for as long as they need to set up a gank, shag the wife, walk the dog, eat a five course meal and so on, see where I am going with this, then ganking overall will be fine for me. Then freighter gankers will be in the same situation as everyone else, why are they a special case?

But let me see, they will stop playing if they can’t bump, poor gankers… (Removed lambs and replaced with gankers as someone found it offensive? How quaint!)

Another hidden post how quaint…

1 Like

Thanks for letting this thread keep going. :smiley:

1 Like

Seinfeld is funny, dracvlad is just a pathetic loser

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode
Why is this thread still open? Also, why is one user allowed to ■■■■ up every single thread in C&p ?

1 Like

I feel like worth adding to this thread is when he made clear he’s against afk cloaking, because the afk cloaker is a serious risk. That was on the old forums. Too bad @Sonya_Corvinus isn’t around anymore.

Starts here. I am posting this, because I believe it belongs here.
It further reveals and underlines what he’s truly about.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/message/6611485/#post6611485

2 Likes

1. He has an exaggerated sense of self-importance.

1. he is usually absorbed in fantasies of power, success, beauty and/or brilliance.

2. He has unreasonable expectations of other people, i.e. that everyone else should unquestioningly comply with him.

3. He overrates the importance of his achievements.

4. He craves constant validation, admiration and respect from the world.

3 Likes

2.a. he tries everything once in his usual half-assed manner, fails and complains it is too hard.
2.b. if he sees other people succeeding where he failed complains it is too easy.
2.c. switch between complaint 2a and 2b at whim.

1 Like

tl;dr

1 Like

Dracvlad

2 Likes

That lowsec thing where I added AFK to it for hisec mining is really useful in defining the CONCORD protection that bumpers get in hisec, I just used it in GD. Thanks for that @Knowledgeminer, living up to your name I see.

4 Hidden replies that must be a record!!!

ff

All the tricks are coming out, now applying flags to posts that are not offensive…

Four incorrectly flagged posts, one of which I used the expression little lambs so in case of such huge offense at the word lamb I changed it to gankers . And again and again. @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode, please can you remind the people doing this that using false flags like this is against the forum rules and I trust that you will reduce their flagging ability accordingly.

1 Like

Hey guys, please, don’t flag any of Dracvlad posts here. I actually think there really was no reason to flag those posts in particular (maybe others, but not those), but even if there was, it’s much better to let everybody coming to this thread to see what Dracvlad is capable of in full…

2 Likes

Thank you, it never ceases to amaze me that such tough guys get offended at the word lamb… ffff