Main AFK cloaky thread

Feel free to step up: https://volunteers.eveonline.com/

2 Likes

If I joined over this topic, it would be considered biased as I have one view point that it is actively opposed.

The fact that you would like for me to act as a moderator over it when you know this is disturbing and shows a lack of integrity.

Possibly from burn out or a lack of integrity.

Iā€™ll go with the first to give you the benefit of the doubt.

You read between lines that do not exist.

I will admit and publicly state that the CCL Team is incredibly understaffed as of this moment, and we need more volunteers. Hence me mentioning to ā€œstep upā€. It was not targeted against you, but for everyone. This is a popular thread so figured itā€™d give us some good exposure.

2 Likes

you clearly werenā€™t there on the old forums before this thread was madeā€¦

Thus why I give you the benefit of the doubt.

Allowing voices to be quashed into a single thread on something spread everywhere, prevents CCP from seeing the problem.

Out of site, out of mind.

I believe it to be the opposite. In one place, for easy tracking. This Is the Ideas Section of the forum and is frequented by CCP Developers. They may not post, but threads are still checked.

1 Like

Then we will agree to disagree.

(My view)
A topic posted everywhere, is seen everywhere raising awareness, especially after the threads where deliberately closed and silenced.

(Your viewpoint) [I think correct me if Iā€™m wrong.]
Everything in one place so the over stretched staff see one topic out of many topics and a posting list a lile long they have to read through to get all the information.

I was. It was better than this nonsense.

Thatā€™s not what this is doing. Itā€™s just making all the discussion on this topic go into a deep, dark hole that nobody will realistically ever look into.

If you are honestly trying to improve the situation, you arenā€™t. However if you are trying to silence the topic and make it look like people arenā€™t talking about it, you are doing an excellent job.

A thread with more then 2300 posts, across 3 different forums, is far from ā€œDown a deep, dark hold that nobody will realistically ever look intoā€

3 Likes

Me king is falling for the endless discussion with totalitarian minds? Have you learned nothing from the history of this topic? :joy:

1 Like

AFK cloaking has been in game since well before super umbrellas. So you are wrong.

He isnā€™t wrong though. Cloaky camping a suspected botter does work. Botting is an inherently solo activity since it is against the EULA and there is no real way to create a botting organization like say a criminal organization (there is no way to implement an incentive structure unlike IRL). So a cloaky camper shows up and the bot docks up and stays docked until it moves systems or the camper leaves. True it also affects non-bots, but if you are not a botter you can work with your alliance/coalition mates to have an appropriate response and mitigate the effects of botting.

Dude donā€™t make me like one of Buldathā€™s posts.

1. There is a thread to discuss cloaks. Yes it is long because of whiners proposing the same ā– ā– ā– ā–  ideas again and again.

2. Cloaks have been in gam a long long time and so has cloaky camping.

3. Not too far back upstream there is a post about how some guys, via effort, scanned down and killed their cloaky campers. They did it right after downtime. Well done them.

4. There are other ways to deal with cloaky campers. You do not deserve another independent thread ****ing up the fourms.

Buldath is doing his job as moderator and policing the forums (ie, putting it in order according to the forum rulesā€”see definitions 3, 4 and 7 at the above link).

ā€˜K thanks.

That tone automatically makes me ignore everything you say, to be honest. Iā€™ve personally got no stake in this whole cloaky camping thing (donā€™t care one way or the other) but that kind of attack on people for having opinions that donā€™t match yours tells me everything I need to know about you, and enough to disregard what you say.

Forcing every discussion to happen in one disjointed thread is not the way to go. Never has been, not for any topic. You just end up with one massive post dump that makes no sense, more so the longer it gets.

it was literally the entire first page full of people saying and posting the exact same ideasā€¦

And to be honest this marks you as an ignoramus. There are new novel ideas for ā€œfixingā€ cloaks. I have read dozens of proposals and after about the first 10 it is just the same tired old ideas again and again.

Grow up. Saying someoneā€™s idea is ā– ā– ā– ā–  is not an attack. Especially if the had used google theyā€™d see that their idea had been proposed before several times and completely ignored by the Devs.

Be glad I am not an ISD Iā€™d simply lock them and tell people to HTFU.

2 Likes

Well, like I say, I have no real stake in this cloacky camping debate, as it has never affected me. But generally when there is a flood of complaints/suggestions to fix something, that indicates that there is a problem. Simply hiding that by piling it all into one massive thread doesnā€™t really change that.

Iā€™ll say this for the cloaking debate tho. As a primarily combat pilot, things that grant absolute safety to my targets bug me. Seeing somebody warp off, cloak up and instantly become absolutely safe for as long as they want to be, that is not something I want in this game.

As much as they like to accuse their targets of wanting absolute safety, the current cloaking mechanism gives them absolute safety. I donā€™t think anything should grant that, to anybody.

No, but calling them whiners (and other such things popular among the pro cloacky camper posters) is. - Perhaps you should take your own advice there.

wellā€¦ thatā€™s just a blatant fallacy. it could equally be that there are a large number of people who want total safety with minimal effort and are upset that there is a mechanic preventing that

I have a question, if the person is cloaked, and you canā€™t see them, how do you know they are AFK? :slight_smile:

The definition of AFK is not ā€œHas not uncloaked during the entire attention span of a teenagerā€ :rofl:

1 Like