Main AFK cloaky thread

There is nothing more safe than cloaky camping.

And nothing less rewarding.

Actually, there are several things safer than cloaky camping. Staying docked comes to mind, but so does ratting or mining in a nullsec system with no one else in local chat. Actually, at least there is a theoretical risk an AFK cloaker could be decloaked and exploded whereas someone mining or ratting in nullsec paying attention to the intel provided by local chat always has time to dock up before a hostile can get on grid.

I’d say it’s debatable who has it more safe - the cloaky camper or the ratter in the absence of the cloaky camper. Either way, both are very, very, safe. Hopefully CCP will come up with some way to bring some real risk to both of them in the future.

4 Likes

I legit cannot believe people are still ■■■■■■■ whining about this.

Nagging about cloaky camping on the Forum is certainly safer.

1 Like

LOL… Yes, because you can jump into local and warp directly to where the cloaky camper is, right?

Yeah, no ratters or miners ever lose ships, right?

5 Likes

lol… Apparently you’re unaware that people jump into and out of systems in null sec all the time.

Thinking isn’t something you’re particularly good at, is it?

4 Likes

Insulting is apparently all you can do when someone defeats you completely.

I take that as a yes.

Q.e.d.

2 Likes

Let’s try this:

Who is safer?

1. A cloaky camper
  2. A miner mining alone in a system, with a 30 interceptor gang sitting on a gate in the next system about to jump in?

If your argument is that cloaky camping should be more dangerous than mining in null sec then you’ve already lost.

1 Like

No, that’s not the argument at all.

The argument is that it should be dangerous in some way

Why should it be? They’re not doing anything to you.

Don’t like them being in local? You can leave. Problem solved.

But don’t you know? Bots don’t switch systems on their own accord. All they do is dock up until that scary name in local goes away again.

1 Like

Not only aren’t the doing anything to you, they aren’t earning a single ISK while cloaked. It just like someone staying docked. Just staying docked should be safe, right?

5 Likes

Really? They don’t pose any risk at all? Do you even come to nullsec?

Which is why I unsubbed my accounts. CCP are hypocrites in wanting any undocked ship to have risk, and yet won’t make any risk for cloaky campers.

Right, exactly what Kruger said. I lived in null sec for five years. Someone cloaky camped? Wow, look, I can go ONE JUMP and it’s not an issue unless I’m AFK ratting (in which case you 100% deserve to get popped anyways).

And secondly, you’re not supposed to be safe. It’s null sec. You want to mine without having any risk? What you are trying to propose is that you should be able to mine in NS risk free. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard in my life, and I listened to Donald Trump speak once.

That is what hisec is for. Go mine veldspar if you can’t contend with some risk. You want the dank null ISK without the dank null RISK.

And if you want to unsub your accounts over that then I’d say good riddance, the EVE community is better off for not having you in local whining about this.

EDIT: P.S. HTFU.

2 Likes

Unless it’s camped too… along with the rest of the constellations you own. (Seriously, do you think for half a second?)

And yet cloaky campers are 100% safe. (Again, do you think for half a second?)

I’ve never said anything about being risk-free. What I want is two things:

1. That risks that exists are from players everyone knows are sitting at their keyboards and playing the game.
  2. To be able to respond to and mitigate risk.

CCP has stated that anyone affecting the game should be at their keyboards, and that’s their reason for banning due to botting. Yet, they allow people be logged in and cloaked for 23 hours and 45 minutes per day, most of which the person in question is nowhere near their keyboard, and yet there is no way to detect whether they are there are not.

CCP has also stated that it should be dangerous to be undocked. For the cloaky camper, it is 100% safe to be undocked.

They’re being hypocrites on both fronts.

You should listen to yourself build straw men and other stupid arguments.