Main AFK cloaky thread

merin you literaly first accuse than call all ppl there imcompetent cause were pve and not pvp make up youre mind son

Welcome to nullsec. Why should you be entitled to do anything if you can’t put together a fleet? Why should your corp be permitted to exist if you can’t match the strength of your rivals? All I see is entitlement and demands for access to risk-free farming just because you created an account.

And no, removing AFK cloaking is not going to create fights. Those cloaked ships are either going to be active (and therefore impossible to catch, because they can move to new safespots faster than you can pursue them) or logged off. The only thing nerfing cloaks does is prevent people from keeping their name in local when they “log off”, making local a more accurate intel tool for RMT bots.

1 Like

You’re incompetent. It’s right there in your post: “we’re PvE”. By labeling yourself as a pure PvE player you have defined yourself as a victim and rejected any solution to your problems besides whining on the forums and demanding nerfs for anything that interrupts your farming.

maybe you should consider than the game is not 100% pvp
if all ppl that mine and are indy would stop mining for 3 weeks you couldent buy a ship on the market except what goons produce out of theyr stockpile

PVP means more than just shooting the other player.

2 Likes

EVE is a PvP sandbox game. The whole point of EVE is that you are always engaged in PvP, there is no PvE space where you can opt out of PvP.

if all ppl that mine and are indy would stop mining for 3 weeks

This is where you are confused. Miners/industry players/etc are not necessarily PvE players like you. Many of them are PvP players who just happen to ruthlessly crush their opposition on the market instead of by pressing F1, and who would see your hypothetical “PvE boycott” as a great opportunity to seize the market that their competition so stupidly handed over. And these players like having mining/ratting/etc be difficult because it means less competition and therefore more ISK in their wallets. The last thing they want to do is have a bunch of pathetic nullbears farming everything and devaluing the rewards. AFK cloaking is a great thing for them because it weeds out a lot of their competition while presenting little or no threat to their own activities.

1 Like

@Merin_Ryskin eve is a sandbox game yes not a pvp sandbox game that is where you are wrong

and yes economical warfare is part of eve
but there is a difference between fighting them on the market or in theyr systems sicne they can also just push them out of the market with prices but than they make to little profit for a while so they prefer to do it with cyno fitted cloaky campers

Nope. EVE is a PvP sandbox game, if you don’t like it go back to WoW.

and yes economical warfare is part of eve
but there is a difference between fighting them on the market or in theyr systems sicne they can also just push them out of the market with prices but than they make to little profit for a while so they prefer to do it with cyno fitted cloaky campers

What’s your point? Of course the tactics involved are different, the point is that not all players who do mining/industry/etc are helpless victims who run and hide as soon as a name appears in local. Don’t bother trying to get sympathy for the poor industrial players, the ones who don’t suck at EVE love the fact that poor-quality competition like you gets shut down by AFK cloaking.

1 Like

let me ask you this
who are you ?

and who are you to decide that this is a pvp sandbox ur helmar?
ur the korean new owners of eve?

youre just another player who freaks out as soon as a pve orientated player open his mouth sicne god forbids something will change to give them a boost wich happends about once every 10-12 years
pvpers get a boost about every few months
so youre opinion does not have to be correct
just because youre not pve orientated
ive done my share of pvp and i will again in the future
so do not accuse me of being afraid and runnign and hiding
that there are pve playersthat do have pvp toons yes ofcourse
does not mean the not pvp toons are less than the pvp toons

What have you done to deserve a boost? Why should anyone care about the sad bleating of failed carebears? Better players are not having your problems and are making obscene amounts of ISK doing PvE content. The problem is not the game mechanics, it’s your lack of skill.

there you go again

why is a pve in nulsec automaticly a failed carebear can you stop insulting the pve backbone of eve?

you mean by the better players the pve orientated alts of the pvpers in the big alliances like pl nc. goons etc etc

maybe just maybe it is not a matter of skill maybe it is just a mattter of how you do thigns
this is EVE you do not have to follow a yellow line if you do not udnerstand that you dotn understand the basics of this game

Because you are failing to PvE in nullsec. Better players are successfully doing PvE in nullsec and making obscene amounts of ISK doing it. Clearly the mechanics allow it to work as-is, you’re just too lacking in skill to do anything but fail. The problem is you, not AFK cloaking.

this is EVE you do not have to follow a yellow line if you do not udnerstand that you dotn understand the basics of this game

You don’t have to follow a line, no. But you also aren’t entitled to success when you do something else. You are not a special snowflake, you don’t get bonus points for being unique. Not all paths lead to success, and they never will. Either do your own thing and succeed because you’re good at it, or join the people who know better than you and find success there. Or just keep failing and whining on the forums about how CCP needs to give you a buff so you can stop failing.

i can only replay to that as
what makes you a special snowflake

i reacted to this topic in general
if something can be done abotu the cloaky campers who are just doing nothing (you do not see if theyr active or not) and do have cyno its is not a matter of beign caught its a matter of do they have a fleet big enough in range to drop you or not

im making my money i do not have the intention of becoming a trillionaire

only you are so clearly against any form of a boost for the pve side of eve it is getting hilarious

im sure there plenty of ppl reading this discussion and are already heating up the popcorn

What can be done is having a standing fleet of sufficient size that the cloaked camper can only sit there wishing they had more friends. Good alliances do this. Fail-tier renter trash and RMT botters don’t. Be in the first group, not the second.

only you are so clearly against any form of a boost for the pve side of eve it is getting hilarious

Again, why do PvE players need a boost? Good PvE players are already making obscene amounts of ISK, to the point that ISK supply from their activities is driving inflation and becoming a significant economic concern. What more do you want?

Oh wait, you aren’t one of the good players, you’re a failed carebear who wants to compensate for their lack of ability to succeed like the good players by demanding buffs until CCP hands you easy ISK.

maybe it is time you make better arguments than o renter scum o gmt o failing carebears (in that line you said alliances) same thing
we have only bin nerfed in the last 10 years all improvements were made so the hunters could easier catch us
that is why they need also a boost now and than

No, YOU need a boost because you are bad at EVE. Good PvE players are making so much ISK that it’s causing problems for the EVE economy.

and yes theres isk being made ccp responded to that with raisign the cost of certain upgrades in nuslec
theyr not blind you know
only and that is also clear as soon as a carebear pve’er or how ever you wanna call it asks if something can change or better for them in general
the pvpers start crying right away cause maybe they have to work gaain for a kill that is ofcourse out of the question sicne they actualy have to becaome active than

Again, why do you deserve a buff? Stop assuming that you’re entitled to one and start making your case for why anything should be changed when good PvE players are already having plenty of success. Which is something you can’t do, because the problem is with your lack of skill and not the game mechanics.