Main AFK cloaky thread

But without the pilot showing in Local would it still exist?

Which is of course a misnomer since an AFK person by definition is not playing and therefore there can be no counterPLAY.

The devil is in the details.

2 Likes

They’re just not playing at the keyboard. And just to get all detaily, there are counterplays. Just not easy ones

As someone who krabs in null I dont want CCP to stop cloaky campers. just the one who logs in just after downtime and leaves when the servers kick him 23 hours later. Every day.

Cloaky campers are part of the game. Just be active.

Since he is AFK he will not be bothered for any action CCP takes, nor do he cares of this loong discussion. He is AFK.

And good for him, because once CCP has stated his intent to fix it, this has derailed in a salty nonsense.

so there’s a lot here on the boards so i’m not sure if such a thing has been posted but i’d like to throw in my main thoughts on AFK Cloaky Camping

I had an idea a long time ago about making the capacitor usage for cloaking compounding.
you would have to make cloaking a cycle based module, but it would then compound the capacitor drain, the longer you have this active, the longer the cool down would be.

alternatively you could simply have capacitor recharge stopped while you are cloaked and up the capacitor useage increased, again making the module cycle.

you could also have some kind of structure module which could be manually fired from a citadel to effect the whole system, causing anyone with non blue standings to be forcefully decloaked. you could also then have this weapon, due to its sheer awesome magnitute, tempoarily shut down gates this way the cloaky camper would be stuck in the system and free to be hunted for the duration of the weapon’s effect.

how long it lasts no idea.

I do genuinely like the idea of a stuctured based manually fired weapon for forced decloaking for non blues. it prevents any form of schedule and thus being countered and increases the need for people with roles for station weapons in corporations and alliances.

The capacitor idea has been brought up many times. It’s a bit overkill in my opinion and hurts other uses of the cloak. Besides, if the cloak doesn’t use capacitor now why should it all of sudden start using cap?

The structure module seems the best way to go as it is not an overreaching solution to a problem affecting a small section of Eve (Sov-null) Your idea seems a bit excessive unless there are appropriate negatives to it’s use.

• 24 hour recharge time
  • No one can cloak in the system for the duration of the effect. Including those who fired it
  • If the gates are locked they are locked for everyone coming in or out. Cynos still allowed (Cage match anyone?)

So you want to counter the camper, but deny them the ability to counter your weapon :thinking:

I know I know!!!

Because some players are afraid to undock unless they are alone in a system?

1 Like

Refusal to undock a mining ship when reasonably certain an enemy strategic cruiser is out there waiting has potential to be several things, and cowardice I don’t think is such a big one. I would put intelligence before it. Even straight up botting for currency seems a more likely explanation.

The salt that comes from one end with no easy target to blow up does not guarantee cowardice on the other end.

1 Like

It could be more greed, yes definitely more greed than cowardice.

If they want to mine in safety go to high sec.

Expecting null to be nerfed for sake of greed or cowardice doesn’t matter.

1 Like

Nerf cloaky campers and then nerf sov null income down to NPC null levels. That’ll make the whiners whine even louder, for the changes to be reversed. Cloaky campers won’t seem so bad.

Not sure if the memo got buried under some other memos, but that memo saying CCP is about to address this…I think you should place it in a more prominent position.

The thing is this about AFK and cloaks, not nerfing null, and its about more than just people being greedy and/or cowards. Cloaked and AFK is straight up BS and as such can live with a counter. And repeated accusations of greed and cowardice sound a lot more like attempts to take attention away from one’s own fear of ending up with a fair counter to AFK cloaking.

1 Like

only thing i want to do my dude is to just throw my two cents into this convo, theres a lot of pages and i have no idea whats been bought up or not, just a guy who came along and was like “hey, i’ve always thought this”

if theres something worth exploring there, then thats down to better minds than myself.

thank you for your feed back, i was always under the impression that cloaking used some level of capacitor, if not then hey ho, scratch that idea.

genuinely glad you like the structure module concept, to me i think this would probably be the best way forward, how to balance it though regarding cloak and such and to properly scale its effect, would be more down to the game devs.

my idea of it being a module, is because we already have plenty of structures in game, having a specific structure to do this job would just make it a target and without that structure you just go back to the inital problem, have a weapon which could be fired to force decloak enemies seems more along the lines.

discharges can thus be random and in accordance with the relevent factors of system security.

these are just my thoughts which lead me to that idea, hopefully something in there worth exploring.

just came to share ideas and to you my good man i thank you.

1 Like

The most predicable thing about ratters and botters is they are lazy. They would rather cry at the first sign of anything being difficult, than undock and deal with it themselves. So when CCP change the existing mechanics:

without removing the ability for hunters to catch lazy prey, or for spies to be able to scout and monitor systems with strategic value.

The tears will continue to flow because the same people that are currently scared of a name in local chat, will continue to be scared of the ability to catch them and to spy on them.

More cloaky camper threads will continue in the forum, because the natural instinct of a whiner is to whine.

1 Like

it can be " with the ability to hunt only easy and afk targets, they whine on forums to CCP make their work easier"

Well it can’t, because that’s CCP’s words and what you wrote isn’t what they wrote.

Looks like you lack some interpretation, issue here is about they being AFK not cloaked all day. cloaky camping will go on, bit now the guy must be on keyboard

1 Like

You mean ‘cloaky camping’ will go on. AFK means they’re off the keyboard :wink:

2 Likes

You seem rather upset about a post…kind of like a little bit of whining :slight_smile:
I take it that you are a nullsec ratter and if your own words are to be taken as true:

Since you are here whining, then you aren’t dealing with the problem…just one of the whiners.

/s

Seriously though, it’s just a bit of light-hearted banter. Glad it hit the target though.