[NEMA Press Release] Paid Positions for Reporters

I appreciate it. I’m not discouraged. I’ve been watching everyone here a lot longer than they’ve known I existed. I expected this. In fact, it was part of my strategy.

Very much so, and a huge reason I’m here. I think the polarization here has a lot of potential to change the face of the cluster, in a lot of ways for the better. These were exactly the type of conversations I wanted to have. I just hope everyone keeps in mind they’re speaking with a reporter. I’m assuming they do since they are on IGS.

Thanks for the advice. Again, very appreciated. Don’t worry about me, though. I’ve been at this a lot longer than many suspect. I do hope you enjoy the first issue. I look forward to feedback.

What are the policies regarding advertisements? Is it only that the ads must be pre-designed? My primary concern is whether disreputable groups would be able to advertise—for instance, it would simply not do for an Imperial advertisement to appear in the same publication as one advertising for the Blood Raiders.

1 Like

Since we’re all taking positions I’m putting my chips on “Broken Window Fallacy” and I’m ready for someone to spin that wheel. If I win I’m going to use the money to audit an Econ 101 course.

1 Like

I’ve actually updated this on our front page: nema.xyz

How would I be a proponent of the free press if I did not allow everyone to have a voice, sir? That would be a bit hypocritical.

Again, in my heart runs Caldari blood. If they have the ISK, they have a platform. Period.

Again, no one is taking a position here. This is the viewpoint I need for the report. It’s an assignment. For a publication I’m putting out. I’m really having an issue with how this is a difficult concept for people to embrace.

Regardless, I’m looking for “broken windows,” oh wise and old wizard. This isn’t my first culling, either. I do respect the obvious intellect behind the comment, though. I tip my proverbial hat, sir.

I hope only the best for your publication.

But the small patch of free speech I personally am most dedicated to defending is snarky one-liners of no help to anyone.

1 Like

^ This is gold. I hope you’ll let me blurb it.

Thanks, and I do appreciate the occasional snarky one-liner to keep me humble.

1 Like

Sounds like you’ve got yourself a headline.

1 Like

You really think anyone’s gatekeeping you? I must doubt how “good at this” you really are then. I for one have been offering you feedback as a potential consumer (and potential contributor for your publications), even if I didn’t do it in the most eloquent way possible.

Again. You’re free to do what you want.
Again. Trying to make an in-depth look at “how code is good for business” will be about as informational as the first thing I posted in this thread, just with so many words. You yourself talked about low-hanging fruit, well, yes, that topic has been beaten to death so hard already there’s nothing left but a dried up stain.
Again. You’re free to keep your head about this, just so you don’t think I’m “gatekeeping” you.

As you have such tight timeframes, in case I cannot find the time, may I recommend sending a message to Princess Aiko Danuja? She has previously run campaigns with incentives worth billions of ISK to promote the activities of the New Order and is worth far greater than that.

However, she may also be busy planning her upcoming nuptuals. But it still may be worth you asking.

1 Like

In words of one syllable, yes. I’ve seen it before. Happens all the time here. Won’t work on me, but yes, I’ve seen it multiple times.

This is a generalization that doesn’t necessarily apply to everyone here, but when an individual DARES to have an opinion that’s not popularly accepted or fits into your narratives , you’re all like a bunch of slaver hounds looking for a runaway.

Which is fine, I’ve seen it work on many here who have tried to have a voice. It will not work on me.

I believe the old saying goes, “Stick and stones…”

I’ll reach out to see if I can make an appointment. Thank you for the suggestion.

That would be a welcome addition. I’d love to feature them for the community.

1 Like

I think you’re confusing criticism with gatekeeping. Gatekeeping would be me telling you that you need to shut this whole thing down and never come back, because you suck and don’t know anything about running a media anyway. Telling you that a topic you’re going to cover has been done to death and isn’t even particularly thrilling, is not.

And believe me, I’ve been on the wrong end of groupthink more than a few times myself, so I believe I can tell the difference.

Edit: Though, even this forum software is starting to complain about my activity in this thread, so I suppose I’ll leave you be. And any publicity is good publicity, is it not.

I wasn’t accusing you in particular of gatekeeping. That’s why I put in that statement about it being a generalization. I was just addressing your statement, not condemning you.

Criticism is fine, but condemnation of the material before you even give it a chance? C’mon…

This isn’t constructive in any way. All of these comments are meant to destroy and tear down people when they try to put forth a different perspective on the cluster.

It should be noted, this is EXACTLY the type of elitist attitude of capsuleers that we plan on exposing.

I’m not here to be diplomatic. I’m not here to make friends. I’m here to ensure the cluster has ALL the viewpoints, the WHOLE TRUTH, necessary to make an INFORMED decision instead of listening to the propaganda, spin, and lies that happen here on a regular basis.

Ms. Teinyhr, you may be well-respected among the others here. I applaud that, and I’m sure you’re a pleasant individual to have a conversation with, but neither I nor my organization will be cowed by the elitists that think they get to control the narrative to their own ends.

You’re more than welcome to offer your own counter-points to anything we publish. We’d be happy to publish your responses, as well. We are the FREE PRESS, after all.

1 Like

To be fair, the place you quoted me was a response to…

I think my criticism is justified.

1 Like

I think your opinion is valid, even if I disagree with it.

2 Likes

I have been summoned. Calm down miners, James 315 is chair of this summit, and he has requested a thorough report on this matter.

It does seem a little troublesome. “Baseliner” can definitely be taken as insulting, but it’s not necessarily meant that way. Is there a better term? Originals? Naturals? The un-implanted?

… all of them can maybe be taken as offensive if people think we’re talking about them as inferior and, worse, disposable. Potentially, any word referring to the class of non-cybernetically-enhanced persons in a capsuleer’s mouth is likely to seem, well, unforgivably arrogant.

I do use “baseliner,” not because I want to say I’m somehow above them, but I don’t know a better word for unmodified people, so I just go with what I have.

Also: it may be possible for a capsuleer to return to something like a baseline condition, but these days cloning’s so much a part of the process that almost none of us have our original bodies anymore and what looks totally natural with no implants is nevertheless probably vat-grown on an osteoplastic skeleton. The process for making more … “natural” … clones in the style of the old high-grade ones is so macabre that … well.

So, I’m unusually small for a capsuleer. My old high-grade clones, years ago, used to have to have their skeletal structure assembled out of bones harvested from cadavers of children.

Anyway, I don’t know if there’s a retired capsuleer who really counts as “baseline” unless you really stretch the meaning of that word. We’ve almost all had our bodies fully replaced at least once.

So, respectfully, Mr. Destro, my bit of hopefully-constructive criticism? … don’t say stuff like this, even, and maybe especially, if it’s true.

If you need to say it, it won’t be believed anyway. If it would be believed, you needn’t say it.

I’ll look forward to seeing what you can do. (Not actually interested in CODE. one way or the other, though.)

1 Like

And I understand this, as a capsuleer myself. However, being among those who aren’t capsuleers on a constant basis, I know my own crews would find that offensive.

I was mostly just curious if the individual truly felt that way, of if, like you, they may have been unaware.

Everyone deserves a sporting chance. You only get one, though. I’m just being cordial.

Thank you, in return, for the cordial advice.

Good.

Thank you.