[NEMA Press Release] Paid Positions for Reporters

I think the reason CODE. gets such a strong reaction isn’t because they’re a major threat, but because they’re incredibly obnoxious about what they do.

5 Likes

Exactly.
It may not be a major threat against the hegemony of the nations, but it is still a threat to budding capsuleers.
And what they do with their victims?
They mock them and speak of “harvesting tears.”

Yet constantly I hear that they are driving Alpha and Omega pilots to an early retirement. I hear that they’re ruining commercial activity in the cluster. Wait, see…

Now, you say they aren’t a threat, just obnoxious?

I’m mean, really, what is the truth?

I could argue that they are providing a fundamental service to the cluster, if only for the fact that they force those who would choose to ignore the inherent danger of living and surviving in space is that there is consequence for action, or lack of action. I could argue they make stronger pilots that make their way through the gauntlet.

Who wants a sniveling leech among their ranks who has no pride in standing up for themselves? They are little more than a “bot” if that’s how they live the life of a Free Captain.

Perspective is key.

One can be a threat without being a major threat, and being obnoxious about what you do is all but guaranteed to get a stronger reaction out of someone than you would otherwise.

1 Like

Then it’s not much of a threat, and they do seem to get a reaction out of people. Absolutely everyone seems to have an opinion. I do so love that part.

1 Like

You cannot force pride nor strength to any being.

So lets consider that you are a pedestrian and sime miscreant tries to kill you.
When that miscreant is apprehended, he claims that he and a group of his friends are doing the galaxy a service for they will create a stronger citizenry protecting themselves against the dangers of the wars between 4 empires going on.

This is what code is doing right now.
Yes, galaxy is still a dangerous place frought predators and dangers.
That does not mean that we need a separate predator cabal to “educate” us to become strong.
The capsuleers will learn to survive by his own and Code does not have any authority despite how mich they believe themselves they do to replace the role of individual adaptation.

And considering how you are expressing your opinions yourself, and also considering how your article will talk of Code. being a benevolent force, I say your claims of neutrality is to quite…shaky at best.

By the way the response I made to that Aiko vermin simply claimed “Now you see?” as an response to yet another repetition of her “calm down and give us isk” notion.

Let’s not prejudge the content of the article I am writing. James has personally tasked me to conduct a thoroughly objective and independent analysis. I intend to fully balance the views and concerns of all stakeholders.

This article will be an important stepping stone toward my CSM campaign.

That statement was given to that NEMA representative, not of yours.
By the way, this quaint little article is the entire “election” they speak of which supposedly gives them authority over others.

https://forums-archive.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=125025

Dear friends of Gallente, the beacon of democracy.
How is this farce ever can be considered as an election?

We haven’t. You never agreed to actual duel. I don’t know about the so-called “laws” but we never engaged in a real duel. Only in a chat squabble that you started to cover your cowardice and avoid accepting the challenge.

No, you have lost by forfeit, since you haven’t even agreed to pick your ship or weapon type to fight, instead bringing in unrelated demands to me like I owe you something. Obviously I don’t have to do anything for you. And considering some of your ridiculous demands were of criminal nature you surely just wanted to avoid the duel.

I could if there would be a reason for that.

1 Like

A story about killing a sinlgle CODE criminal? I mean, I could but I doubt the number of words I will use to describe that will suit any sort of respectable magazine.

1 Like

I know how this “demands” operates lady Kim.
They hide behind the cover of High Security regulations to avoid any kind of unfavorable conflict by demanding obedience to their ludicrous creed.

It is always better to shoot on sight, miscreants like that Danuja vermin usually remain on wanted state, and deserves such.

Oh well… to consider divinity of… freedom? Of that evil force of destruction that brings only suffering?
You know, sometimes I think you have even crazier and more disgusting ideas than CODE.

Considering tendency of CODE cultists to openly lie and spread false claims, I wouldn’t even consider that title to be possibly valid.

That’s actually good. I myself find your beliefs somewhat in parallel with CODE, considering you believe in freedom not being a force of evil, just like they believe ganking innocent industrailists is not evil, eventually with both your beliefs permitting causing harm to bystanders. And yet I highly endorse you bringing your freedom to CODE rather than to innocents. Whatever makes you fight enemy instead of friends is good in my book.

And that’s surely what I’ll do if I get a chance.

You recently fought a duel on public opinion. By the sounds of what you have both said, Princess Aiko wanted to duel using the weapon of ‘who is the better New Order Agent’, you didn’t and you, therefore, lost.

Exactly my point as well.
You see them as criminals, I see them as tyrants opposing freedom.
Still we have a common ground that we agree of this cult needs to be purged.

So for once, “Hivaa saitsuo.”
Good hunting, for me and you.

1 Like

Miner, you should remember that we log everything, even when we are not in the chat channel, as we never know what might be needed for the next edition of www.minerbumping.com

Diana Kim > ALL ENEMIES OF THE STATE WILL BE DESTROYED.
Diana Kim > GLORY TO THE STATE!
Aiko Danuja > GLORY TO THE STATE!
Aiko Danuja > ALL HAIL THE NEW ORDER!
Aiko Danuja > Warning: It is illegal to mine in high security zones without a valid mining permit.
Diana Kim > All mining in Caldari State is sanctioned to all neutral pilots. You don’t need any “permits” or whatsoever.
Aiko Danuja > Kill: AtlasApollo (Venture)

That was your first defeat.

Diana Kim > YOU DARE TO INSULT A CALDARI OFFICER?!
Aiko Danuja > Absolutely.
Diana Kim > Ms. Danuja. For your public slander of Caldari Officer, I challenge you to duel. You can pick any ship size if you want to fight in space, or any weapon if you will dare to face me on station.
Aiko Danuja > Very well.

As you can see, I not only accepted your duel (despite your dishonest perjury seen above), but furthermore the rules of the duel as you defined them did not require any space combat.

Aiko Danuja > As per the Constitution of New Halaima, you must first face the Test of Valour.
Diana Kim > I am not going to face any tests.
Aiko Danuja > During the test of valour, you must prove you are not afraid to die by Concording a valuable ship, and do so in a manner that demonstrates integrity and honesty. It is a waste of my time to duel a coward who is afraid to die
Aiko Danuja > Please let me know when you complete the Test of Valour, and are prepared to proceed with the duel.
Diana Kim > I am not intend to complete any tests presented to me
Aiko Danuja > Then I have won the duel already.
Aiko Danuja > You challenged me to a duel, but you did not show up.
Aiko Danuja > If you refuse the test of Valour, you forfeit the duel. That is explicitly written in the Constitution of New Halaima.
Alleil Pollard > Another victory for the CODE!

Now, some may find the test of Valour to be quaint or a means of avoiding duels, but it is actually a time honored means of ensuring that an opponent is worthy. Prize boxers do not waste their time scuffling with barmaids, and elite highsecurity gankers have higher priority targets to eliminate.

See, here’s the nice thing of having CODE. alts that literally log every single conversation in every channel in the game… I can quickly demonstrate that Ms. Kim herself has also employed the Test of Valour, clearly showing her duplicitous nature, as she wishes to legitimize the test only when it suits her… as seen here 6 months previously.

Arrendis > Diana takes nothing into account. No amount of evidence or explanation has ever changed her mind on anything. If I hadn’t seen her in person on multiple occassions, I might think she’s just a relatively simple chatbot.
Isha Vuld > We’re saying you give the impression that there is some ability to contextualize that was never fully developed.
Arrendis > and now we’ve hit the ‘slander and lies’ part of the script. What’s next? Duelling challenges?
Diana Kim > I challenge to duel only people who have honor. I am not interested in wasting my precious time on such lie spouting chatbot like you, Arrendis.
Diana Kim > It’s clear for me you lack a lot of concepts to even understand what does honor duel means

As you can see, it is well understood that the participants in a duel have a right to expect that their opponent has sufficient honor and virtue to be worthy of dueling. As there is no higher sign of honor, integrity, and virtue than ganking miners, and being willing to CONCORD your vessel, as it is fair and reasonable to expect that any opponent of mine be willing to do what I do dozens of times a day. If you can’t gank, you can’t duel.

Since Ms. Kim challenged me to a duel, which was accepted, but failed to meet the standards that she knew in advance, she automatically forfeited the duel. Good fight!

That’s nonsence. These words weren’t said, nor I am an agent of this so-called “new order” cult to be considered a participant.

1 Like

Their deluded minds believe their so called laws effect all of galaxy and everyome is already subject to it.
One of their laws state in order to challenge one of them, you must join them, a truly ludicrous statement.
There is no need for reason with them.
Or does the Caldari have a tradition of declaring duels when exterminating house pests?

Why would an elite aristocrat from the venerated high security zone, stoop so low as to duel with a common low security pirate ruffian, who is well known for making preposterous claims as to her allegiance to a non-existent empire, and who refuses to show even the slightest degree of basic integrity and honor.

Why, she has never even ganked a single miner, and is nowhere close to a -10 status.

What defeat? I haven’t seen you on grid.

You were challenged to a duel. You have no ground to demand me to take any tests whatsoever. You have derailed the challenge with your unreasonable demand instead of picking your method of combat, which you never did. Thus you have dishonorable and cowardly avoided that challenge.

Which is actually a total nosnence and obvious lie about me. No “Tests” were offered to Arrendis. We did fought before and she displayed lack of basic understanding of duelling. Last time I did, she just killed herself and claimed she “won”, which was just as dumb as your demand for me to take any “tests”. About her I speak from experience. Just like about you - thoug again, unlike you Arrendis showed first time more courage, at least accepting the fight. You never did.

Exactly. For all your bluster, it happened so fast you don’t even see it. No wonder what’s left of the ‘Caldari Navy’ spends all its time slinking around, hiding in low sec.

Your poor spelling shows that the mindflood is starting to wear off. Time to take a nap and calm down methinks. CODE agents aren’t here to upset you friend.

We just want to help you miners.