NeoShocker for CSM 19

Hello Capsuleers of New Eden,

I am NeoShocker and I am running for CSM for the first time. I have been playing the game for solid 18 years and counting. There were at times I wanted to run for CSM, but it requires commitment. I now have the time and the commitment to do more for the game and be involved with community of EVE. If you have gone to few FanFest or EVE-NE, you would recognize me as the dude with the “Indiana Jones” hat.

So some brief information about myself and how I started EVE-Online …

I have started Eve-Online back in 2006. A year before that, I was playing the game called Ragnarok Online, and I was running a great guild at the time. A buddy told me about EVE-Online after having a discussion on Sci-Fi MMO. Told him I will consider it since I was occupied and enjoying my time playing RO. Honestly, I do wished that I had played the game sooner!

EVE-Online has made a big impact in my life. I do have a disability, hearing impaired. EVE has assisted me in communication aspect IRL which helped me immensely. I ended up being as a cook as my profession and had been involved with food customers. Additionally I have been travelling around.

As for my experience in Eve and what I can contribute for CSM…

My experience as an EVE-Online Capsuleer is vast. To get the idea what I have done, you can check out the nice chart Eve Career Path here by Altrue. I have done almost everything the game has to offer. While I am active as a PvP pilot, I have done a lot of PvE and industry aspect. Much of my Eve-career involves with Null, WH, and Low Sec. Which is about … 8 years in Null, 5 in WH, and 5+ years for Low Sec. I enjoy doing theory crafting fits, flying speedy boats with High Grade Snakes, participating in AT (ran AT team a few times before) and helping new players get familiarized with EVE. Currently I am doing Insurgency as a Gurista Pilot.

My focus for CSM is “Quality of Life” and “Balance/Game Mechanics”. EVE-Online is always evolving. Having new things is great, but it is also important to make sure EVE-Online stay fun!

There are many ideas that could be implemented for the game. Here are some examples below:

Quality of Life

1. Planetary Interaction, one click all for job change on factories or able to ctrl click multiple of factory and change jobs at once.
  2. More topics in Help section via The Agency.
  3. ACL Hanger access

As for game mechanics

1. industrial capitals able to dock in insurgency FOB.
  2. Address the gate guns that sometimes able to shoot in corruption V systems.
  3. Push for recent skyhook change to be reverted or change to make raiding viable again.
  4. More Corporation Hanger tabs
  5. Improve Astrometric Acquisition skill, possibly reducing to 1 or 2 ticks when level V.

If you got any ideas or some fixes that had been around and should have been addressed, do let me know on discord, I am also NeoShocker there

4 Likes

@NeoShocker Do you support hiring (EVE Vanguard) Warclone Mercenaries as an attack/defense vector in Capsuleer conflicts? Like attacking/defending Planetary Infrastructure, Skyhooks/POCOs and Upwell Structures?

As a CSM would you try and pitch for CCP to make stack multi-split (splitting a stack of items into multiple stacks of same size in one go instead of just on split at a time) happen?

O7 NeoShocker,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

1. The game mechanics regarding the FW/incursions. In particular AWOX’ing and multi boxers. It requires immediate attention, especially in regards to new players to participate PvP.
  2. Post 1 , Post 2, Post 3, Post 4, and also personal experience, voices of other fellow corp members in Insurgency, and other sources.
  3. Several solutions. But so far the best I have gotten to is using the “tether” system on the first max number of pilots in a complex and only those gets LP. In addition if awoxing on “tethered” pilots, the aggressor will get very heavy penalty. Or adding to that effect (disregarding LP and awox penalty), if the threshold is over 50% of the max count, say 5 medium navy site. If there is more than 7, those additional pilots will get a warning to warp off within a time frame (say 10-30 seconds) or will get automatic limited engagement timer.
  4. There are few other CSM candidates that also voices concern for AWOX’ing and multi-boxers. FW/incursion is one of the most fun and ideal game play for new and veteran players to get into PvP. Lack of polishment and adjustment in that game play will discourage players of participating such activity.
  5. By having polls, links to sources, providing solutions. Gather all of the findings and present to CCP.
1 Like

I would love and support for Vanguard to have real impact with EVE-Online like DUST 514 had, such as the orbital bombardment. Honestly it is early to say what plans CCP have for Vanguard to have direct impact with EVE-Online. I do support it if its viable. :slight_smile:

Hm, perhaps, by right clicking and have an option for multi split option. I would definitely encourage this as QoL to the list. I did experience of having a need for something like of multi split stack for ammos.

1 Like