If you do this, you have to increase the Heavy Water tield of ice provessing to compensate. You already use more Heavy Water now than you make with one Hulk with Orca buffs. This is in High Sec. So it’s already not profitable to ice mine for an Orca with only one Hulk.
At least that’s how it was last year when I last processed ice with level 4 skills.
Buffing Heavy Water yield would probably be frowned upon by the null sec community
A Skiff is ‘an Exhumer’ so if the Orca mines as fast as a Skiff as you say, it mines ‘as fast as an Exhumer’ and thus faster than many other mining ships despite being a support ship.
The Skiff also doesn’t have ‘terrible yield’ unless you have many more ways to describe the yield of all the mining ships with yield lower than that of the Skiff.
Personally I’d call the yield of the Skiff ‘good’, as it is on the high end as an Exhumer behind only the excellent yield of the Hulk and Mackinaw.
Okay. If that’s good for you, then great! By all means! I support you 100% if you want to call a Skiff’s yield great!
But that means that just about every mining ship in the game mines as much or more than an Exhumer. Just about all of them. In fact, it might be fun to see if a Praxis can mine as much as an Exhumer. Or maybe that mining fit Titan!
P.S. The Retriever and the Coveter both out-mine a Skiff.
The Skiff is not the 3rd best mining ship in the game. It’s merely the tankiest (aside from a Rorqual and Orca- but they are not miners. They are Industrial Command Ships that can employ mining drones.)
You can’t be AFK all day and still mine. Still not worth it. He’d get 5 rocks mined in a few hours and would then have to return to your computer to grab 5 more. I can mine that many in way less time using a Hulk.
I do fully support making drone shooting suspect only.
One way to fix this is by making Rats in High Sec more powerful. Have them target drones more often. Combat drones will fight back, but mining drones will simply die.
And drones set to aggressive should attack suspect players, so the miners aren’t just dropping a single hobgoblin to protect themselves while AFK. Anna attacks Glen’s drone, Anna goes suspect, Glen’s drones are set to aggressive and attack Anna, allowing Anna to retaliate since Glen is now trying to murder her.
Only if nerf multi-boxing across all of New Eden- All securities. High to Null. If Multi-boxing becomes unsustainable to the point where people can no longer PLEX their accounts, I’m down with anything done to the High Sec economy.
Trying? Who would try? Do or do not. There is no try when it comes to murder. If this was a thing, I’d break out the really big drones! (spacing on the name of them right now… not muta drones…) The ones that fire all weapon types…
Right, but they aren’t paying for the Orca alt. They are paying for the main, and the alt is just subsidizing the cost. So it is a logical fallacy to claim they are ‘losing’ money, when in fact they are making money.
Why should anyone be rewarded for AFK zero-risk gameplay?
That’s why I did the math to prove it wasn’t worth it and yes I was giving them the benefit of the doubt that they only linked the highest grade moon goo and it still comes out as in profitable.
I think you are confused I think the people saying afk mining is an issue hasn’t seen a single null sec mining fleet ever.