No honor

It’s just a video game. Ships can blow up anytime whatever the outside issues are. like: Power Outage, Slow Internet, Lag or computer issues or just drank or high on something.. Just move on and don’t waste time or money unnecessarily for a make believe space mmo.

3 Likes

So is real life

Idiot author/streamer are making assumptions everyone is on your discord or stream, they might be but many people fight and kill people not streaming. If not streaming made you invisable then you know how would pvp work.

You are imagining its the clowns shoes, it might be but yet you refuse to take them off and it might not be the clown shoes.

How is anyone supposed to know that a player is AFK taking care of their child??? Think about it…

If your child needs to be taken care of and one loses a ship as a result.
SHRUGS.
That is just the way it is. Eve is not about asking someone nicely if you can blow their ship up.

2 Likes

I agree :100:%

If you have children at home who need taken care of then don’t play a PvP game when you supposed to watch them. An accident happens fast. Children need constant supervision. There are hundreds of games to play while the children are around, RPG, 4x and Simulation games allow you to pause and do other things.

1 Like

I have seen others balance gaming with parental duties. I have never seen them complain about losing a ship. It is what it is. A pain for that person without a doubt. Still a quick tap to dock can save a lot of headache.

I take care of my wife. I get called away a lot of time. I hit the dock button and go see what she needs. I already have that ready to click after I get started mining.. Or if I am coming through a gate. Head for the nearest station to dock. People just need to think things through. What do I do if.. Is a good place to start.

2 Likes

Be like some people like @Brisc_Rubal and make your kid be a miner :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You can use your baby as a scout

4 Likes

theres honor in eve i thought its just one long grind to see who can be the ultimate posterior hole. and ccp even says its in line with game philosophy

Honor is what you get from kills, the most honourable and the greatest ganker of all time , being Aiko Danuja.

And before you ask, F1 monkey kills in null sec get zero honor as lets face it , all they do is hit F1

monkey-computer

That monkey is hitting every key except F1.

1 Like

You mean like this ?

baby-keyboard-smash

The pilot was also aware his child was sick.
If I have to take care of my sick child I don’t get on a full-PvP MMORPG.
It isn’t about honor, it’s about game mechanics.
But in his case, it was a choice between his child and a game.
He deserved to get his ship blown up multiple times over.

1 Like

Whoa.. Before you blame other Eve players for your own losses..

This person claims to have a sick child and they are playing Eve rather than attending to said sick child? As a mother, this person needs to get their priorities straight before they start blaming players for doing what the game was made to do. Great parenting there.

Where was the “honor” for this parent in neglecting the needs of their child by getting on a game?

Wow..just wow..

4 Likes

well… how in the f k are they supposed to know?

get real dude.

1 Like

wanna adopt me? :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure there is honor. A lot of time it is honor among thieves. Sometimes it is honor to know a good player and learn from that player. Other times honor comes from knowing that honor is just a word. A word that can cover a multitude of sins.

For myself in New Eden. Honor is something that I can have a nodding acquaintance with. As I have been told I am filthy arms merchant. I really wish I knew who posted that to me. So that I can give that player credit. Honor is not something that I worry to much about. However if I am mining. And I know that that other pilot is a little slow in getting out the fighting drones. I am already targeting the NPC 'Rats. Or if a ganker lands on grid. I send out a warning as I am going into warp.

I guess that is honorable, but I do it as I would hope someone else, not likely, would return the same courtesy. In New Eden honor is a suggestion. A mere suggestion at times.

Take the war between The Goon and the 'Horde. The Goons could have backed off once they knew that Gobbins and the leadership had left the line members high and dry. But they didn’t. We can go into the history of why the war was more than about ending renting. Or that the 'Horde had opened their mouths and wrote checks that they could not pay. In the end the 'Horde may cease to exist. Or after a while rise from the ashes. To fight the Goons or whomever years down the line. I know The Goonswarm would look forward to such a fight.

This is Eve Online. it is brutal and unforgiving. Honor is where you find it. I am only honorable in that I do not scam other players. I would rather sell the things that let other players blow up things, mine, ect. Than be a spy. Or one of those hypernet scammers. Am I honorable? Maybe to some. Perhaps not to others. The fact I donate to Mikes School Bus. Am I salveing my conscience or am I just seeding the grounds for future customers. Does any of this make me honorable?

It depends on how much money you have.

Giving a warning is counter intuitive, as the key to surviving a hungry predator is to outrun your friends .

1 Like

As I said going into warp.. You really think that I am going to do that before I am entering warp? Come now.. What game do we all play again?

The only one that I would warn before going into warp is my wife. And she sits across the room from me.