Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

That tens of trillions of us live by God’s word make it rather more

Yeah, it makes it argumentum ad populum. So thanks for actually inviting identification of your particular logical fallacy.

That was your emphasis, mine was

Large groups live by certain principles that glue the individuals, all the 4 major factions have one that is identifiable, and in a way it is difficult to separate the people from the principle.

The Amarr and the words from their God is one such case, why so many posts to present that yes, one can live outside the value, when at the same time those that live by it consider it one and the same?

irrelevant, because you haven’t demonstrated the veracity of it being the word of any god. That part also rests on the idea of ‘tens of trillions of Amarr can’t be wrong’, ie: argumentum ad populum.

And all of the power in that ‘word of god’ is entirely dependent on it being the word of God. If it’s just ‘the word of a string of Emperors, self-proclaimed prophets, sages, and theologians’, well, those folks were all just people. They were fallible. They were corruptible. The very fact that some of them sought power indicates many of them were actively corrupt. Especially since—if it’s just ‘the word of these dudes’—they were actively pushing a con that amounted to ‘the magical sky-fairy you guys aren’t allowed to see says I should have power over you. Now be grateful that I showed up to put my heel on your neck.’

Without any way to independently corroborate or verify it, O Noble Holder-Lady, you’re left with ‘Trust me, this framework that totally benefits me is completely not a scam’. And anyone who believes something like that really needs to get their head examined.

We have faith that we are not; but right or wrong, that we live by it— that we have always lived by it, makes the Rite the truth of our people, whether you accept that is irrelevant.

Right. It’s an opinion. A belief, perspective, point of view, not fact.

Is fact; but I have humoured your insincerity long enough on this topic.

Wow, way to argue something completely different, since the point was about whether or not the belief is a fact or opinion, not the duration of your adherence.

But I’m the ‘insincere’ one, right?

Almost without exception, yes.

I was quite consistent in what my position, your juvenile nonsense works better when there’s a kernel of truth in it.

Except, again, no. I didn’t call into question that Amarr adheres to it. I called into the question the veracity of the ‘covenant’ itself. Whether or not it actually exists, or if it’s just a collective opinion held by the duped masses.

So, yeah, you’ve consistently argued against something other than what was being said.

Not in the least; it was my initial position that you were arguing against

That’s not opinion Arrendis, it’s law.

For all the reasons I subsequently expanded on.

Except, again, as I said then: she’d need to take into consideration that that statement’s coming from you. Which means she’d need to have to give weight to your opinion of whether or not her actions are ‘correct’ or ‘heresy’. And honestly, after watching you try to argue tangential and unrelated issues all through this discussion, it’s pretty clear that she should always take anything you say as suspect, and get a second opinion from someone more honest… like Chakaid, maybe.

It was cited quite clearly, unless you’re suggesting I devised the seal.

And frankly

seem very much to be anything that does not involve accepting your assertion that everything pertaining to Imperial legal system is a shared delusion.

No, just the ‘word of god’ that it’s based on.

Really? Let’s look!

Hmm. Nope. ONE SENTENCE ABOVE what I quoted in my initial response doesn’t say anything about whether or not that’s before or after liminality. Huh.

Succinctly put, and to any who wish to understand either the Amarr or your servant; a pertinent truth.

1 Like

I don’t think rejecting all the admirable aspects of Dread Elkin as un-Amarrian is the argument you think it is. One of the greater failings of such attempts at complete erasure and detachment of those who buck the cult lies in how that describes the Amarr more than the one who left. Although that said, who am I to keep you lot from continuously self-sabotaging in that way.

Keep driving away your greatest assets, and keep alienating them. I’m sure that’ll work out well for you all.

4 Likes

It is possible, probable even, that she has admirable traits that for myself and most of the faithful are wholly eclipsed by her descent into heresy.

The cardinal virtues of Holy Amarr as I learned them as a child; are wisdom, righteousness, forbearance, and temperance.

Whatever asset you believe we forfeited, there is little quintessentially Amarr about an imprudent, vacillating former noble– especially one more apt even before her fall, to make excuses for her duty than embrace it.

4 Likes

It’s nothing but good PR if people are calling me un-Amarrian.

And honestly, I certainly don’t object to the sentiment.