Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I thank you for your integrity reflected in your edits. With exception to the Empress, we all make mistakes. When one recants their admittedly erroneous statements, it bolsters the perceived validity of those that are not.

5 Likes

The idea of an ā€˜outpostā€™ generally denotes a lesser presence that, while it may have some defenses, is not truly a fortification so much as simply aā€¦ foothold, an embassy, a minor encampment to enable some rudimentary operating presence.

A ā€˜bastionā€™, on the other hand, is a true fastness, a stronghold, intended to see vast arrays of hostile forces break upon its walls like waves against a cliff-face. It is a place of strong defense and unconquerable fortification. 1DQ1-A is a bastion.

They are vastly different concepts. You might as well call a Punisher a titan.

And to ignore that difference would require ignoring all of your past attempts to twist words, take things out of context, and misrepresent the facts, like claiming that LUMEN ā€˜collaboratedā€™ with EM in an operation where the Amarr set the agenda, or your repeated insistence that failing to shoot at Minmatar loyalists was traitorous, even when acting under the very ā€˜auspices of EDENCOMā€™ that you now laud. In fact, your attempt to backpedal and now express support for the cooperation during the invasion that you have already decried many timesā€¦ is just another example of your rhetorical dishonesty.

And letā€™s not forget your claims about Bos I.

1 Like

You know whatā€™s a worse look, though? Enabling trolls for no valid reason other than because they tend to attack the same people you do.

Ooh, I am SO glad that you brought this up! Because while we on the subject of verbal pedantry, letā€™s take a moment to recognize that calling Mizhara a ā€œcriticā€ the way you do is an extraordinary bit of minimizationā€“rather a lot like Mikal using the word ā€œbastionā€ is objectionable to you. Sheā€™s a caustic antagonist who contributes ā– ā– ā– ā– -all to any conversation she vomits words into. The signal to noise ratio is so skewed in favor of the latter that pretending otherwise is an act of deliberate dishonesty.

But heyā€“maybe thereā€™s a compromise to be had. You can cut Mikal Vektor a little slack for using an over-strong word to describe EMā€™s dead astrahus, and he can cut you a little slack for coming to the defense of an indefensible troll. And then, maybe you can focus on the substance of the issue rather than the words used to describe it.

4 Likes

I see I got out of this nonsense at a good time.

1 Like

And here I thought you remembered your time in PIE fondly.

2 Likes

I actually truly do, Mikal. It is still a decent, positive and stable place for an Amarr loyalist to find their way in this mad world. It is just that I have found my path; war in the name of the Empire. So now I have to put up with a different sort of madness to walk the way God has set before me.

Your kind of madness.

4 Likes

They say that only the dead have seen the end of war.

But of course, as a capsuleer, youā€™re immortal, soā€¦ war until the end of the universe it is then, eh ?

1 Like

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH. No. No, she doesnā€™t ā€˜tend to attack the same people [I] doā€™. In fact, one of the people sheā€™s lit into the most, and the most viciously over the yearsā€¦ is me.

Mmm, no. Itā€™s not minimization at all. Sheā€™s critical of him. Her statements are criticism. That makes her a critic. She can be that and a vicious, caustic, antagonistic pain-in-the-ass who frequently lets her biases blind her to everything except whoā€™s putting something out there. Thatā€™s why I said ā€œwhen sheā€™s rightā€. Because she can be, and when she is, to dismiss her criticisms just because sheā€™s a spiteful ā– ā– ā– ā– -stirrer whoā€™d cheerfully cut 90% of the posters on these boardsā€™ throats just to watch them bleed outā€¦ doesnā€™t help you. It just leaves you with a weakness that can be easily-exploited by those who want you to make a fool of yourself.

And Mikal using the word ā€˜bastionā€™ isnā€™t, in and of itself, ā€˜objectionableā€™ to me. He wants to call it a bastion of the Empire, he can do that. Mikal twisting the original phrase while claiming he isnā€™t the source of the specific word he introduced? Well, thatā€™s just easily-demonstrated lies that only serve to further damage what little credibility heā€™s got left. Doing that while feigning outrage that Miz would do something similarā€¦ that makes him a hypocrite.

Except, you know, Iā€™m not defending her. Nothing Iā€™ve said has been a defense of Mizhara Delā€™thul. Mizhara Delā€™thul is a right ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  and a royalā€¦ no, downright imperial-sized pain in my ass on the regular. Also, she doesnā€™t need me to defend her.

No, see, where you think Iā€™m defending her, I couldnā€™t give two fedo farts who heā€™s responding to. Iā€™m just pointing out how all of his nonsense isnā€™t helping him any, and his arrogant dismissal based on blatant hypocrisy really only makes him look even stupider.

And really, Jackal, you should know me well enough to know that I have no interest in compromising with him. Heā€™s a fool, a liar, and a coward, and heā€™s the pathetic worm that has to live with being him.

2 Likes

You say the nicest things.

1 Like

We are always one clone failure away from it.

The universe is quite big, quite old, quite durable and quite engineerable (as the precursors seem to have indicated) for any comparison with our reference of time.

Well, yes, but if Aldrith wants to paint with black paint on a black canvas, we shouldnā€™t be introducing shades of grey now, should we ?

1 Like

:notes:
I look inside myself
And see my heart is black
I see my red door
And must have it painted black

Maybe then Iā€™ll fade away
And not have to face the facts
Itā€™s not easy facinā€™ up
When your whole world is black
:notes:

2 Likes

Mmmm. Nope. Youā€™ve pushed too far again, Arrendis.

You can call Mikal Vektor many things, but coward is not one of them. Not on the battlefield, and not here. Youā€™re not Amarrian, so you may not have the perspective required. But take it from a native daughter: anyone with the guts to criticize the over-privileged Amarrian nobles in PIE and LUMEN is providing critical accountability that the Empire sorely lacks.

OH MY GOD, SAHARA IS MIKALā€™S DAUGHTER ? WHAT ?!

1 Like

Letā€™s seeā€¦

In space, he believes heā€™s immortal, that the next Mikal Vektor to wake up is still him. So heā€™s risking nothing. If heā€™s risking nothing, is that really courage? Or is it just safety? Do you think heā€™d be so quick to risk his destruction if he didnā€™t believe himself immortal?

Hereā€¦ no. As soon as he realizes heā€™s losing, he offers downright Progodian levels of deflection, excuse-makingā€¦ all before deciding itā€™s time to pass. And like Progodlegend, he just makes himself look worse every time he opens his mouth. Stars, Iā€™m surprised he hasnā€™t started yelling at people for not bringing enough dictors to the IGS.

So, yeah. Gonna go ahead and stand by ā€˜cowardā€™.

Oh stop. If thatā€™s your metric, then you might as well declare that all capsuleers everywhere are cowardsā€“including yourself. Because even among those of us who view our Empyrean lives as sequential rather than continuous, death is cheap and most of our iterations are disposable.

But that theory is stupidly reductive and you know it. You know damn well there are more forms of bravery than just risking physical life. Anything that has recognized value can be risked; and the higher the risk, the more courage is required to take it. You know this damn well, too: your reputation, your social ties and social standing, your membership in your tribeā€“these are all things quite divorced from the health and integrity of your physical body; and in no small number of instances, rational human beings have elected to end their own lives permanently after risking, and losing, each of those inimitable, intangible things.

Quit your ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– . Youā€™re approaching Vilyian levels of b.s. yourself. Here, let me help you out: the better response you should have given goes like this: ā€œOkay Sahara, you might have a point about the coward thing. But I still have issues with . . . [etc.].ā€

Speaking of cowardice: hasnā€™t anyone ever explained to you that admission of error is NOT a sign of weakness, but in fact the opposite? You should try it sometime, instead of digging yourself deeper and deeper into increasingly nonsensical arguments trying to prove yourself right all of the time.

3 Likes

Is it? It doesnā€™t feel cheap to me.

Youā€™re the one who cited his activities on the battlefield, not me.

Yup. Which says nothing about Mikal, as he hasnā€™t. In fact, that exact thing: reputation, social standingā€¦ thatā€™s where heā€™s fled from challenge. Backed his arse down real quick when Sarum turned up, didnā€™t he? And when he canā€™t win the point quickly, he flees the discussions while making all sorts of excuses. So no, I donā€™t think that example supports your cause, at all.

Except that I donā€™t think you do. I think youā€™re wrong.

I admit Iā€™m wrong all the timeā€¦ when I think I am. And people from all four of the empires have seen me do it, including your pal Alterari. But Iā€™m not wrong this time.

Well thereā€™s that old phrase: ā€œDeath is cheap, but T2 ammunition is expensiveā€

Maybe, but at least they wonā€™t go out taking orders from Pitts.

Over the years, a bunch of people whose names i donā€™t remember have told me that PIE is about to fade away and become irrelevant.

And yet PIE is still here, and they are not.

Funny, eh ?

5 Likes