Off-Topic Thread vol. 2

I don’t even want to look up what those are. Though, I’ve seen lobsters in restaurants, and they don’t seem so bad.

The bodies of water where I’m from are more akin to small seas, and all but one are heavily irradiated. A terrestrial naval tradition isn’t really a part of my culture.

Imagine them ten times the size!
Lower gravity means also larger wildlife.

Who are you talking to?

@Saccade_Amir
It seems that you are not getting any of my mails, so we will have to find another way of communicating.

@Che_Biko
broxalen fuxmail k

im do a router chat on you

When is the best time for that?

I am only one pilot. Surely you understand how integrating myself into the command structure of an organization that shared similar goals with me at the time would make my job a lot easier. Not like I participated against any operations targeting the State or the Empire under their employ either.

The survival suit served a multi-faceted purpose as well. Besides its primary functionality, preventing any exposure to unfamiliar foreign contaminants, it also served to prevent frictions between myself and Kybernauts motivated by an anti-establishment ideology. I was a civilian at the time anyway, if an attire change would make my work less annoying, I don’t see why I would not partake. I discarded it as soon as I enlisted and deployed in the CDZ regardless.

As for me defending Stribog assets? Of course I would. I used them myself at the time and they aided my own operations. Electus Matari is an enemy of the State, and, for the time that you assisted them, so were you. Don’t expect me to be selective on which members of a fleet that is actively shooting at me and assets I benefit from I am to engage.

Not sure which Protectorate members you are referring to either. If anything, Stribog has worked alongside the Protectorate even recently, evicting a Federal-aligned organization from a system in Anoikis, alongside SPD and I-RED forces. A Federal organization headed by another kybernaut, incidentally, crimson armor and all. Funny how things like that work out, yes?

Because SPD and the militia’s relationship with Stribog Clade is mentioned here, I will comment on it as frankly as I can while preserving discretion and operational security. This is to provide context without distracting the dialogue between WC Malitia and Ms. Cora, and also to provide a bulwark against any diplomatic misunderstandings.

I-RED was not involved in the Atlantis eviction on any formal level. Several of their members flew with SPD-TF at various points during the operation. Our position has always been that while pilots fly under SPD, they are politically identifiable with the field command and not with their organizations of origin, whether that group is a militia organization or not. We work with a wide variety of capsuleers from all areas of space willing to submit to SPD operational regulations.

SPD has been operationally blue with Stribog Clade twice: firstly, during the Atlantis eviction, and secondly as third party associates of Noir for the duration of a contract with that group.

SPD had a separate diplomatic meeting with Stribog Clade once. I will leave the substantive topic of that meeting to discretion and say the topic of negotiation ultimately fell through. Personally, I was also interested to discover the precise nature of the 103rd’s connection to Stribog at the time, and Stribog’s view of whether they were in fact part of the Collective or merely sympathizers - a hot political question at the time. I think it fair to say that meeting was the germ of the Atlantis operation, since it became clear Stribog had independent issues with the kybernaught Ashterothi and his Gallente militia organization by extension.

2 Likes

I don’t know you well so have nothing to say about your situation, but I will relay a personal experience.

A decade ago, I chose to fly with a Cartel aligned group for personal reasons. I fastidiously avoided activities which I felt might betray my own ethics. I even tried unsuccessfully to get this Cartel group to “go legit” and we all joined the State Protectorate as an alternative to capsuleer piracy. This all took place over the course of eight months. Since then I haven’t gone back.

It doesn’t matter what I actually did or did not do. My intentions likewise don’t matter. I’ve done similar short term contracts for mercenary groups, two Caldari Megacorps, a Gallente industrial group, and a total of seven years in SFRIM since my last association with the Cartel. I still get people who mislabel me and call me an Angel based off of that one misadventure a decade ago.

You’re never going to truly be rid of your history. You’ll never be able to justify your past actions to an audience that has already made up their mind about you. So if I have any advice it’d be to move on, because as a capsuleer, there’s a long list of people we’ve each hurt and those people will never move on from that moment.

7 Likes

Oh, I’ve moved well on, but this is a public forum, and having people buy into misinformation spread about my person could interfere with my operations, should the wrong people buy into it. I am just making sure to clarify my actions and positions for all to see, otherwise this false narrative would be the only one out there.
I am well aware that those out there that have made up their mind about me and have chosen to spread this misinformation won’t be swayed, theirs is a willful, malicious ignorance after all, but I’d be remiss not to defend myself.

4 Likes

This?

It was flagged as suspect and firing upon a neutral fleet. I had never even heard of LUMEN back then anyhow, so I had no reason to configure my overview to distinguish your vessels from any others.

It was a viable and lawful target.

And then there was your personal involvement against the ARC evacuation efforts last year. No doubt that Tayra was also a viable and lawful target.

Of Stribog, under orders from the Collective.

1 Like

Yes. ARC were a viable target and that operation was a barely planned farce that would have endangered more people than it would have ever saved.

Their associations with Sansha were also highly suspect, and reportedly the reason for the command to intercept them.

So-- I’m all of a sudden curious, Ms. Malitia. What’s the most critical post you’ve ever made about the Collective? One where you really let them have it on moral, ethical, or even just practical grounds?

You must surely have made one, right?

1 Like

Nothing immediately comes to mind, at least on these forums. Why would I be critical of a nation which doesn’t even frequent these boards? I am critical of individuals that are present on here. Anything else seems kind of pointless don’t you think?

Nothing comes to my mind either, beyond, you know, “it’s regrettable that the mutaplasmid turned your grandmother inside out but she wouldn’t have survived under an abruptly black and purple star anyway so really it was for her own good,” sort of thing.

Isn’t it neat how you don’t want to be held to account for standing by the Collective but you never actually stand apart from it?

1 Like

I do not believe I have ever seen bioadaptation do anything like that. I certainly would not ever say that someone turning inside out would be for their own good.

Deliberately comedic (okay, tragicomic?) hyperbole. (“Sort of thing.”)

Here’s what you actually said.

“Oh please, if you are for some reason so stubbornly attached to what is “natural”, as if humanity is some sort of mysterious force that is not part of nature itself, then go right ahead and rip your implants out and suspend all your cloning contracts, you glorious technological marvel, you. We routinely manipulate and shape living organisms and entire ecosystems alike, but when the Collective does it with improved speed, effectiveness and precision, suddenly they are committing some kind of affront to god’s world. Unless you are blinded by the dogma of some sort of cult, to think any of this is intrinsically wrong is just plain hypocritical on your part.”

“… the fact that they even bother bioadapting the local populations and ecosystems at large are nothing short of an act of benevolence, for they most certainly do not require them for their task. The loss of life incurred by the war is, of course, unfortunate as always, but the scale of this is far larger than the idyll of some baseliners.”

Source.

The idyll. Of some baseliners. What a nice turn of phrase for what’s commonly known as daily life, tragically interrupted by involuntary biomodification.

What a pity it couldn’t be avoided. How pointless, to criticize a society that’s presumably done that or similar things to WAY more Caldari citizens than citizens of any other power.

How stupid of me to doubt you.

Ancestors forgive you, Remilia Malitia. But frankly, I doubt they will.

1 Like

You seem very fond of putting words in my mouth,

Yes, to the Triglavians, interrupting the daily lives of the people stranded in Pochven is very insignificant, given the scope of their operation and known objectives. I don’t believe I ever said any of this is justified?

Probably the last person on these forums to be able to say this sort of thing. Cute attempt at adding a dramatic flair, though.

Maybe not the last.

You likely didn’t say it was justified, Ms. Malitia; you just justified it, constantly.

See, a propagandist’s job is not strictly to lie. It’s to manipulate public opinion, by basically whatever means-- truth, lies, partial truths, all means to an end.

I’m not sure you are a liar-- I kind of hope you are; it would show a certain awareness. It might be you’re totally sincere, first to last. That would be a little sad. But I guess it’s quite possible.

Either way, you are someone who is very reliable in a certain way. I wish I could say that it seemed to be all for the State.

But that would make a liar out of me.