Old Fart Gives Up

Got ganked in hi-sec. Lost a ton of stuff. Pissed me off.

Totally my fault. It was a good kill.

Nice job actually. Wish I’d been on the other side doing the gank.

lol

But…

I’ve gotten old. Sold my motorcycles to keep from killing myself. Going to quit and nuke my Eve accounts to keep from wasting any more money on it. I just can’t play at the same level I used to play at.

My decision (like selling my bikes) bums me out.

I wonder how many of us old farts that started in 2003 are having this problem?

Anyway…

To the folks at CCP, so long and thanks for all the fish!!!

o7

10 Likes

Props for sticking it out as long as you did.

o7

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Farewell, hope you find a suitable fun hobby. o/

Knitting? Pottery? Potted plants?

Complaining about everything?

1 Like

I’m very close to following your path. Eve just doesn’t seem to be Eve anymore, and yes I swear I am slowing down / doing more stupid things.

Farewell. o7

Undock with a giant piñata ship.

Getting older sucks: reaction times down the drain, memory fails more and more, gets more difficult to learn new things, can’t focus as much as you used to. One of the reasons why I’m actually sticking to EVE because it’s less about reaction times etc and more about planning and preparation.

Most games don’t even last 40 hours, 17 years is well worth it I’d say.

2 Likes

So? Unless you physically can’t play anymore, age doesn’t matter in a video game like EVE. There are no twitch reflexes needed.

Doesn’t matter. It’s all very relative, and you can compensate for deficiencies in one area with proficiencies in another.

Sounds like the solution is right there in front of you, and all you need to do is reach out and grab it.

1 Like

o7

Sad to see one of the foundation players biomass, but all the best for your own health and wellbeing:

1 Like

That’s the wrong character.

Yeah, you’re right. Different 2003 character that has been biomassed.

1 Like

Topic moved to Out of Pod Experience.

Good on ya, sorry to see you go.

Are you sure?

Positive.

Aww man ! :heart: Farewell !

Before you go, be sure to give your stuff to a random noob, and make their day.

1 Like

Well, I don’t think age has anything to do with it. People with actual motor disabilities play this game. So, I think the key is practicing proper risk management strategies.

Anyway, consider keeping your accounts, but taking a break. You might want to come back after taking a breather. And if you’re looking for closure, and are dead set on getting rid of your stuff, consider donating it to a good cause, such as the magic school bus.

1 Like