Overall gameplay Issues

how is adding new content and making already established things more enjoyable and worthwile going backwards?

i just read up about eve blackout and found a video (idk if youtube links are allowed so here is the titel “The Scope - Nullsec Blackout”) and i didnt find a single comment that didnt like the change.

so after some more digging eve average player count dropped from 30000 to 25000, which probably was like 500 people that couldnt multibox in null no more, lol.

sooo CCP was afraid they would make less money and reverted it, what a god damn shame.

Literally what CCP wants, and I think it will implode on them eventually tbh.

Someone needs to feed the devs.

1 Like

As it stands, you have to rework the game from the ground up, basically create EVE2, if you want to remove Multiboxing. Riot struggles with it, what do you think how CCP will fare against it? They couldn’t even enforce their Alpha restrictions for a long time.

1 Like

i did understand your point the first time you said it.

Im not expecting EVE to change everything so I like it, before posting here i talked with alot of people in 2 different corps and also got their views and opinions. this is not about me, this is about eve not attracting new players and keeping them and me trying to figure out what could be done better considering the nature of eve

the best example for that imo is still nullsec being safer than highsec, which shouldnt make sense since its literally named NULL SECURITY

that being said, i am fully aware i ll never be a top dog in eve, i just really like eve, but i cannot ignore these flaws, which i think should be obvious for alot of people.

as example, people in my current pirate corp just wont go to nullsec because its “empty” which is exactly what i experienced in my 6 weeks of exploring exclusivly null. They like pvp so they stay in lowsec, which should already ring bells and make the devs question why a “safer” space is more likely for pvp than a space with no security at all.

i dont want to change eve into a 3 day max level 0 effort braindead kinda game.

It didn’t crash to 0 because a) lots of people don’t play in null sec, b) lots of null seccers simply moved to high sec incursions to make money, c) bots started to adjust for the lack of local far faster than players, d) did Blackout only increase the risk but not the rewards, thus was poorly plannd and implemented.

Dude, look, you put some ideas out and you got some pushback. That happens, EVE has a cantankerous community. It’s nothing to get all grouchy about.

But you’re basically digging your hole deeper and deeper here and showing you’re not really thinking things through, just flailing around.

First off, if you “didn’t see a single comment that didn’t like it”, you were looking in the wrong place. Try looking a little farther. Here’s some help:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/d1qjmj/updated_numbers_what_effect_is_the_blackout/

Second, you didn’t do the math here, and you haven’t done the math on your other comments either. In fact, it’s pretty clear you don’t even know how to do the applicable math as regards EVE playerbase.

You just brushed off a near-instant 20% drop in playership and income from a single change as nothing. (It was actually more than that, because player numbers dropped to more like 22k.) And then compounded the issue by saying this:

I gotta say mate, that’s a pretty stupid thing to say about a company that’s in business to make a profit. It’s also a pretty stupid way to justify your idea as “better” when clearly, the EVE player base disagreed loudly.

So here’s a friendly tip: when you find yourself in a hole well over your head, it’s time to stop digging. Take some time to learn a little more about how EVE works (not your ‘other’ games) , and a little less time getting defensive when people disagree with your snap takes.

2 Likes

Guess why? I tell you:

If the players don’t go to null sec to make it unsafe, naturally it is safer than other areas of space. It’s the players’ responsibility to make it less safe. This works with local just fine. In fact, local allows for far more gameplay aspects to make the game less safe than a game without local.

Fun fact: I camp an area of space that is typically empty, only gets a few daring pilots here and there. I made this this area of null sec less safe and people start avoiding it. That’s absolutely what I want. Sometimes I and other people in my corp can even bait fights with the daring locals. All thanks to me being there and having local so that I know what is going on and they know what is going on.

CCP even tried to improve the travel fatigue with filaments that teleport you directly to the action. But guess what? It backfired, just like any instant gratification scheme thought up by CCP. Not only do these filaments remove traffic from null sec which would make it less safe, they also are being used to safely teleport out of null into higher security space.

Filaments are yet another example of why CCP will never be able to come up with a good replacement of the current system.

sigh.

the name implies safety and security from npc standpoint.

High security, means you cannot get by as a criminal like shooting and podding, without CONCORD.
Low security, there is minimal police forces there.
null security, no police force.
most criminals surprisingly tend to operate in low and high and not null.

and the reason it fails is because there are a handfull of alliances that overpower your fleet 5:1 because they have perfect intel of who and how many are there.

you are again blaming a decision like filaments without taking into account the main issues.

They would overpower you without perfect intel too. :joy:
In fact, during blackout lots of people joined the biggest groups because they could provide the necessary security measures against raiders and attackers thanks to their capital umbrellas and fast and big response fleet efforts. So, no local will only create more concentration of power and less targets for you. Congratulations, you played yourself.

2 Likes

You would do well to stop parroting things you heard from other people, and learn how to get the facts for yourself. Highsec has a much, much higher population than Null, yet here’s the kill count for the last 90 days:
Highsec:
Killmails: 187,235
ISK: 29.97t

Nullsec:
Killmails: 650,282
ISK: 98.76t

Did you spot how Null has over 3 times the kills and destruction values there? Even though it’s “totally safe” and also “empty”? You did the same thing when you compared your PvP experience to the “general” PvP experience. Your kills might indeed be boring and require no skill. But you aren’t the entirety of EVE, nor does talking to people in your corp constitute wide knowledge of the game.

Fact-check more, jump to conclusions less. Your knees will thank you.

5 Likes

i was pretty clearly making a joke of the insane amount of multiboxers, which i thought was obvious given the “lol” at the end.

its infact alot dumber to not take risks. if you know anything about a business its that stagnating = bad
and eve is stagnating since around a few years, according to average player counts. which means they will, on average, lose more players over time than gaining players.

so right now CCP is not winning, they are currently losing slowly, simply put.

Guess why? Because CCP tried to change things for the lols (I am still super happy that Falcon got axed after this Blackout debacle), wrecked the game almost completely several times, blamed players, and then started to swing the bat in the other direction and overimproved stuff which wrecked other parts or the game.

these stats are rather worthless lmao.

obviously there are more kills in null than in high, but where do these kills originate from?
mostly the same 3-5 corps sending fleets in, isnt that the case aswell?

how many highsec fleets do you know of that constantly fight each other in highsec
and you are calling me dumb, geez

I rather think it’s your ignorance, but still, thank you for your ‘valuable contribution’ to these forums. We all got a sensible chuckle from your parody post.

We will take your word for it, can you show some of the previous work you did on games to make them survive 20 years?

Is it? Most of the kills I see here are done with ships that can be flown with low SP.
https://zkillboard.com/asearch/#{"buttons":["week","rolling","label-loc:nullsec","sort-date","sort-desc","page1","victimsonly"]}

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Sovereignty#Sovereignty_Structures

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Interdictors

Up to so this includes people with 1 account, no sense of debating your completely worthless statement.
Removing multi-boxing will just remove “active players”. How do you plan on replacing them? Why do I even ask… rofl.

So your post was to have skill as a reward so people could go and PVP? Wow, I am beginning to understand how you are failing at EVE Online.

I cant wait for your next funny post…

Well my friend, you have defeated me. I surrender.

Even though your facts are wrong, your assumptions are off-base, you’re basing your opinions on short-term acquaintance with the game and what 1-2 corps told you, and you don’t quite seem to get the idea of business finances… clearly, everything you say is truly correct and everything from all the people who’ve played the game 10 times as long as you is worthless.

Thank goodness someone has finally come along to illuminate these issues once and for all! Because TBH the last 10 years of discussion on these exact same topics was pretty indecisive, but now we can all rest easy that they’ve been resolved.

5 Likes

Same discussion topic just different person coming along.

Have the same thing in a few weeks with yet again another person.

idk, say something intelligent after you managed to comprehend what i said and you might get an answer