Redus Taw for CSM 19

Hi, my name is Redus Taw. I’ve played Eve Online on and off for over ten years now. I think Eve Online is in a good place to be improved. Games like Starfield, Star Citizen, No Man’s Sky, and so on threaten Eve Online’s population and I think if changes are not made this game will fade not due to being a bad game, but due to not adapting correctly. I have seen few improvements from CCP that I would say put this game on a path of longevity. Every time I submit feedback to CCP they defer me to CSM. I have messaged CSM multiple times and I’ve never had a suggestion acknowledged so that isn’t working either. I would like to be a part of the solution. I would like to be in the CSM.

Even though I am currently in Pandemic Horde, and I have no ambition on moving my main character out of PH, I will prioritize high sec in CSM. Null sec gets plenty of love since so much of the player base is there and relies on null sec as well. Below is a list of things I will bring to CCP, but please understand I am very open-minded and this list is not exhaustive so I will always be open to suggestions. Thank you.

Eve Online Suggestions

1. Get rid of players’ ability to have multiple accounts.

2. Get rid of alt characters.

3. Introduce a jail system and a probation system for criminal activity in high sec.

4. Introduce PvE bounty hunting.

5. Get rid of the repairer Duration booster. This booster decreases the duration for your armor repairer, or shield booster, to activate, but it doesn’t do anything for the capacitor – so you’re less cap stable…not much of a ‘booster’.

6. The Kikimora’s max velocity needs to be decreased. The Dramavik max velocity is 76% that of the Dramiel The Kikimora max velocity is 99% that of the Mekubal The Vedmak max velocity is 91% that of the Cynabal And for another comparison, Minmatar Fleet ships: The Dramavik max velocity is 85% that of the Republic Fleet Firetail The Kikimora max velocity is about 10% more than the max velocity of the Thrasher Fleet Issue. The Vedmak max velocity is 85% that of the Scythe Fleet Issue

7. I’d like to see Interdiction bubbles not change where people land on warp.

8. Add another feature to the courier contracts options. You can filter the arrival and destination to high sec, for example, but I want to be able to filter in a way so the entire route is in high sec.

9. Need reasonable, especially in the sense of safety, solo capital PvE content.

10. The Eagle’s damage needs a buff. The current damage bonus per HAC level is 5%. I recommend 7.5% per HAC level. (That might seem like a big increase, but the ship is really slow).

11. If I block someone in game, I still want to be able to find their fleet in Fleet Finder.

12. Faction Cap Rechargers need a buff. 21% vs 20% for the tech 2 variant currently.

13. When a titan is Selected, the bridge is not an option. I’d like it to be clickable.

2 Likes

Are you serious?

1 and 2 will effectively kill the game.

1 Like

Yes. No, it’ll grow it.

Explain.

Alts are used for menial tasks like scouts etc. Do you really wanna be someones scout for 4-5 hours or longer?

Seems like a great idea, not sure what could ever be wrong with any of that.

as far as #3… Serenity has that, i don’t know why we don’t here… but then again, china is more strict on their games than the rest of the world.

MMO players are not asking to control multiple characters in-game at the same time. Third parties have enabled this for Eve Online. Eve needs to either go in the direction of one character at a time or go in the direction of controlling a fleet of ships at a time (something like Warhammer III in space). The former is much more favorable.

But keep in mind, this is one issue and I do not see CCP making such changes.

I suggest you remove those. If people think you are gonna suggest getting rid of alts, you wont even get a vote

You havent explained how itll grow the game
You cant compare this to other mmos

1 Like

Lie to everyone?

Explained here: “MMO players are not asking to control multiple characters in-game at the same time.”

So you have 10 actual people lined up ready to go gank some miners? you have someone doing absolutely nothing but ship spinning waiting on you to tell them you them to scout ahead?

You have 20 people lined up ready to mine a moon that just dropped?

i’m challenging you on your basis that you want to get rid of alts and multiple accounts, and you cannot give a really good explanation why

pls dont take my alts from me :3

1 Like

Like I told Geo Eclipse, I highly doubt it’s going to happen.

1. Ok this wont happen nor do i want it to.

while i am a FOREVER 1 account person(who misses cynos on caps. not needing an alt for cyno to rat), i refuse to use a 2nd account cause to much work. i do respect others use multiple to great effect.

1. alt characters. no. i have a highsec character. i ahve a nullsec character. these 2 characters both have over 100m SP. and each is around 50b in assets. i like being able to switch from one to the other.

2. the criminal system in highsec DOES need a revamp. as right now its honestly a joke. but the problem is coming up with a system that actually has impact, and doesn’t punish to much.

3. this is interesting, please expand. as a Highsec Ratter, and Null Ratter. this would be nice.

4. eh, not a fan of boosters but…this does help in emergencies for stuff with cap booster modules, or who are cap stable. so this is fine

5. no comment, not enough experience to give opinion

6. what…dude are you refering to drag bubbles? yeah no dude…this is one of those creative uses of stuff and one i like.

7. you can already do this. in “set destination” you can map your journey and set “highest security” so theres no low or nullsec systems. problem is some highsec pockets wont have an option and only then do you see lowsec pop up

8. dude…your in PANDEMIC HORDE. right now our umbrella makes one of the safest capital ratting hubs EVE has ever seen. with one of the most effective safety ratings. so much so that the capitals lost in PH space are EXTREMELY LOW despite how many are actively ratting.

9. no opinion

10. …?

11. with how cap works, you’d be amazed how big a different even 1% makes. believe me, faction cap rechargers are fine. they also EXTREMELY cheap for faction modules. Usually faction stuff is 3x the price that faction cap rechargers are

12. Bridge? you mean jumping through? it is an option. it is clickable. but only if the bridge is up. if it isn’t, its greyed out.

From lore and IC perspective, keeping Capsuleer in jail is technically impossible. You could have their frozen corpse at most, rotting in the jail cell. And their assault fleet eating through the shield and armor of the jail structure in next few minutes.

You would need first change the New Eden law regulating Capsuleer status and that would make them all align with the Deathless, Triglavians, all pirate cartels, Drifters and possibly even the Nation against the CONCORD and Big 4. Maybe reconsider top 3 of your points?

O7 Redus Taw,

Last year I asked eight questions and then compiled the answers into a huge mega-thread. It was massive. With the exception of MILINT_ARC_Trooper, no one had a thread bigger than mine, to be fair MILINT_ARC_Troopers’ thread was so weighty and knowledgable it teetered on the edge of collapsing into its’ own core.

That catalogue of replies is now a time-capsule and encapsulated within are the hopes and disappointments that CSM 18 candidates considered worth speaking about during the year of EVE’s 20th anniversary.

The responses gave voters en masse an opportunity to test and compare each hopeful CSM 18 candidates commitment to their claims of being community oriented, knowledgable, responsive and representative of player values. Given that the CSM does not directly control any aspect of EVE’s development and that the successful candidates are those that can identify existing and future consequences, co-operate with other CSM members, and communicate issues -from a player perspective- to CCP staff one-to-one, I’ve formulated a set of questions designed to seperate the compressed ORE from the Long-Limb Roes in this years election race.

Year-on-year the Independent Representatives, Solo players with single accounts, Worm Holers, Triangle People, Semi-nomadic Role-Playing Sandbox Explorers, and Salvagers, have been organising and gaining traction against the self-secure Null-Bloc Empire Candidates and their vast hordes of leather-skinned, evil, flying-monkeys. More-and-more players are choosing to vote in members they believe can positively impact CCP’s approach to the game regardless of their in-game affiliations.

Exposure matters, who are you, what is your clue?
As was the process last year I will post each candidates reply in a super thread, first-in first-served.

This years questions:

1. What ONE identifiable consequence requires CCP’s attention?

2. What PROVABLE evidence can you supply to support your belief in this situation?

3. What practical, and balanced change can be made to support a solution if any?

4. What support do your observations have from other CSM candidates?

5. How will you present your findings to CCP?

If you have already identified and spoken about a problem in your CSM candidacy bio at the top of this thread feel free to copy pasta that response where applicable. I’ll copy paste directly from your response to this post. Choose your goblet…. wisely.

Let the games begin, and may the odds ever be in your favour.

1 & 2. Getting rid of people’s ability to run multiple accounts at the same time would happen first and then see how things go and then consider alts on the same account.
4. The old PvP bounty hunting system was pretty bad and had all kinds of issues. The system basically needs to be done from the ground up. I figure to start this in PvE first, and then if that is working well we could build a PvP bounty hunting system. But ya know, there would be someone you talk to, accept the hunt, and go find the bad guy. I think different levels of difficulty make sense. Like a level 1 bounty hunt would be high sec only, he’s flying a t1 frigate or destroyer. As you go up in levels the ship/enemies get more difficult, the security space could be low or null sec, and the area to search could go from a system to a constellation or two to a region, maybe even timed?
5. I want boosters to only boost, like only do something positive for my ship. At least get rid of the negative side effect or get rid of the negative side effect and maybe a nerf to the rep.
7. I am for getting rid of drag bubbles.
8. No I want it to be able to only show me high sec systems in the route. If it cannot happen then give me an error.
9. “Solo”

1. Though I have mentioned many small changes, the main idea I want to carry into CSM is thinking about longevity.

2. I would defer to CCP for player base age and number of unique logins (ip address?).

3. This is multi-faceted. It’s a bit of these small things I’ve mentioned: Get rid of multiple accounts, introduce PvE bounty hunting, introduce in-game comms, but mainly we need to take a step back and look at not only what MMO players enjoy, but what non-MMO gamers dislike about MMO’s. An example for each. We could use something like ‘World Bosses’… give me Space Kaiju. Why is everything I’m shooting a ship? For the non-MMO players, we should consider making changes to grinding. The most common complaint about MMO’s I’ve ever heard from those that do not play them is sitting there for hours and hours doing mindless tasks.

4. Never asked. I can’t get small changes to go through, nevermind something like that. I might be able to reach more people and get through to them if I’m in CSM. I’m hoping that is the case :slight_smile:

5. Defer to CCP in the months following changes.

What is your problem that you want to get rid of multiple accounts or multiboxing?