Request to CCP to increase the event a few days

Seems Legit.

2 Likes

Lol idk if you’ve ever been in a hospital but there’s a whole lot of nothing to do there.

1 Like

Yea especially when there is no internet

1 Like

Man!

What is …
… a book???

It was fun!
Good night! : D

2 Likes

I would just give the 1m spell points to everyone and make everyone happy.

4 Likes

That becomes a different type of perceived injustice in that case and this thread would still exist, just with a slightly different focus.

Ignoring market changes from a flood of injectors, the profit on large injectors is 500 million at the moment (after accounting for the extractor cost).

If the SP is handed out to every account, regardless of activity or not, the people with more accounts gain more value compared to those with less accounts. About a billion ISK per account.

In EVE, it’s impossible for everyone to be happy and someone would see that as a bad thing for them.

Yes, I must remember to have a book or two with me the next time I’m in a vehicle accident. /s

2 Likes

Wtf has this world come to.

1 Like

Hey guys is the event still active?

How do I get 1 mil sp?

I haven’t been able to play Eve for a month cos laptops at repairs but I will use my housemate’s to get a mil free sp.

Thanks for any help.

Sorry, way too late for the 1 million SP

1 Like

It’s already dead.

Oh no :sob:

Well, I guess I’ve blindly assumed one can still speak, contact family and friends and have them bring stuff over.

Even if the person can’t speak, he more likely can still write.
If he can’t do that either, then it’s far more likely that “boredom” isn’t actually an issue.

Not having family … well, yeah that sucks, but not having friends either … that’s most likely on him anyway.

Tell you what … I’ve spent a lot of time in hospitals as well and I’ve always found myself something interesting to do. somehow. Asking family/friends to bring me things is on the top of the list.

When he’s fine enough to whine about boredom in hospital, then he’s definitely fine enough to figure out how to deal with his time properly, one way or another.

People are broken.

vOv

1 Like

Regardless of arguments over the potential causes/validity of people’s schedules and missing days, CCP is a business. It exists to earn a profit. It enhances its’ profit by bringing in more customers, and by encouraging those customers to pay for product. One method to encourage more customer engagement, loyalty, and encourage purchases is to make customers feel good, and appreciated, and that their needs are being met and value is being delivered.

Taking an annual, celebratory, and significant reward ‘client appreciation’ event, and turning it into a “over the next 18 days, you must log in to every account on 16 separate days (maint upcycles) or miss out on the top end rewards”, is, in my opinion, a way for CCP to say “Jump little monkeys, jump! Our schedule is far more significant than yours!”. Which, given the design of recent events and other CCP actions, continues to show that CCP gives very little consideration and/or shows almost no understanding of clients relations dynamics.

Extensions are not an option (unless substantial unplanned downtime has occurred). As even the trolls can point out, you need an extension, then the next guy wants his extension, etc. However 16 days out of 18 is a very minimal window for client participation.

The troll argument “They are rewarding you for participating, you don’t participate, no reward for you!” shows that the trolls understand client relations dynamics almost as well as CCP does. It’s an annual client appreciation event, whether you participate 16 days out of 18 or 16 days out of 21 is irrelevant.

Unless they are working with PA to run some experiments and determine “just how many hoops can we make these monkeys jump on demand?” of course - which actually falls in line with the design of recent events.

Regardless, “we’re just experimenting” doesn’t fly well in the world of customer relations. “We designed this to be rewarding and workable for you, and thank you for being our customers!” does.

@CCP_Falcon ; @CCP_Dopamine : heaven knows why CCP turfed their community relations team… maybe they simply did not know how to relate to the actual EVE player base. But you guys really need to become more client aware. EVE has suffered bad client management processes long enough.

PS: The schedule also needs to be conveyed clearly and concisely: “11:00 AM UTC May 2 (after downtime) until downtime begins at 11:00 AM UTC May 24”. Not ‘between May 2 and May 24’, which has several kinds of ambiguity in it. Note the client-friendly adjustment to the event length.

1 Like

If PA would have dictated how the event was done, not even logging in daily would have been a guarantee to get the rewards. They would have just given you some random box with the chance to win the big price, or get some “useless” junk item, which they recycle for the next 20 events and eventually after 20 events you once get the big price.

Also I thought germany was living in the stone age in regards to internet availability and even we have decent internet connections available in hospitals…

1 Like

Actually the devblog linked from the launcher does state it begins at downtime on may 2nd.

The problem here is that this type of event existed before. And no one complained, because the rewards were mediocre.

I agree, it was an oversight for CCP to give us such a good, huge reward at the end, because more people who feel entitled, or who just happened to miss because they forgot, would pile on and complain, hoping they would get the gift.

Lesson here is, dont give such a large gift out. It only makes the entitled people complain.

Which is sad. Because I enjoyed this gift.

Actual lesson here is, “trolls understand client relations almost as well as CCP does”.

There have been lesser login events, and people have complained on those as well. Giving a high value reward has pros and cons: It encourages people to hit 16 days if at all possible. It encourages some of the jaded ‘vets’ who might otherwise skip the logins to go for 16 days. It tells players that CCP doesn’t mind giving them value for their loyalty/participation. But yes, it does have the downside that the sting is that much worse for anyone who can’t make 16 out of 18 days. It is a strongly competitive game, and missing out on an SP reward worth 2-6.5 billion ISK is significant to a large chunk of the player base.

The core problem has nothing to do with ‘entitlement’. The problem stems from CCP casually assuming that anyone who wants a multi-billion value reward will be able to log in on the proper schedule for roughly 90% of their days over a 2.5 week period. A period which is fairly busy for many people. Unavailable for 3 days during an 2.5 week event? CCP says “SUX2BU BRO!”.

CCP doesn’t do client appreciation events because they have to. They do client appreciation events because it is good for business. Turning it into a ‘client stress event’ is not good business.

1 Like

Well, I see it like this:

Instead of wasting time on trying to figure out events to give out gifts, trying to make certain ppl happy and then in return having to waste time on making the crybabies who missed the chance happy, they should rather focus on making the game fun again so ppl log in to actually play the game and not just to grab some quick rewards.

What the game needs again is people who actually actively play and not just people who only log in for free stuff.

1 Like

A million skillpoints is worth around a billion isk, so I guess that shows just how much you are in tune with the game.

But the problem is entitlement.

First off, this was a gift. You didnt lose anything. And that’s the key point here.

With all other issues, it’s always about people losing things. Losing your ships to gankers. Losing your structures to wardeccers.

And in every case, even though people actually lost things, even in the billions, we tell them that this is part of the game.

Now, it’s people missing out on free gifts, and suddenly its CCPs fault for poor game design? Poor event design? Are you kidding me?

Secondly, again, no.

This event wasn’t an event where you had to log in, defeat a bunch of pirates and finish a site. It wasn’t an hour long event every time you logged in, for 16 days.

That, I would understand.

It was simply logging in for 5 seconds.

Was it that hard? Were people so busy that they couldnt spare 5 minutes, let alone 5 seconds, to log in and click “claim”? Was it that time consuming? Were you guys working for like 72 hours straight with no breaks or something? Were you out saving the world from terrorists? What life could you possibly live, that would prevent you from spending 5 minutes booting up a computer and 5 seconds booting up eve to click a button? Before you sleep? Or maybe wake up 5 minutes early? Do you only get 10 minutes of sleep a night, that you can’t spare 5 minutes to do this?

And that’s why you’re being entitled. The event wasn’t particularly hard, or time consuming. It was free. You didnt lose, or risk anything. You were given more days than gifts to redeem.

You chose not to.

And now you complain that its CCPs fault.

You are acting entitled. Period.

Period.

4 Likes

GMs sent out messages to all the self entitled whiners in response to pretty much what this thread is about.

TL;DR:

No.

/thread.

1 Like