Resources for the New Citizen!

Greetings Capsuleer and Welcome to the EVE New Citizens Q&A forum section!
Please use the New Citizens Q&A sub forum to ask, or answer, questions about the game.

Here is some Information that can be useful to start with, as a new Citizen of New Eden:

To begin, make sure you get familiar with EVE. When you create a new character, you’ll be in our new Tutorial, we highly recommend you complete it. If you want to give us feedback on the new tutorial you can do so here.

The Eve Flight Academy
Is a collection of informational and instructional videos from CCP. They cover many aspects of Eve Online. Check out the Flight Academies YouTube channel for more information.

Here is a few videos to get you going.

Community Fittings Forums - Community Fittings forums where the community suggests fits to be included in the in-game fitting window.

Player Made Resources
Our community is what makes Eve special. Many players spend their time making resources for others. These resources can be found anywhere including our forums, YouTube, and player fansites.

Forum Guides (Player Made)
Third Party Websites
Third Party Videos
Third Party Applications

Developer Blogs
Dev Blogs are always worth the read. Use them to get the newest information straight from the Dev team. You can find the latest Dev Blog here Dev Blogs. For now check out this blog from CCP Falcon: Calling All New Players!

Game Support
New pilots have access to the Rookie Help chat channel(now veterans too), use this channel to ask players game play related questions. At any stage of your Eve career you will have access to our English Help channel, and official language Channels as well.

When you’re in our help channels, keep an eye out for our ISD STAR player volunteers who are there to answer your game play related questions.

Should your issue be more complicated you can file a support ticket here or consult our knowledge base articles here.

If you have an article or player resource you think we could add to this post contact a member of the Community Communications Liaison team.

Good Luck and fly safe o7

39 Likes

Adding another potentially valuable resource for a certain persuasion of New Citizen:

The EVE Backstory and Lore has a broad and dedicated base of invested players, and with over 15 years of development and story, there’s a lot to take an interest in. I subscribed to EVE because of my love for its universe, and there are many potential players who might do so for the same reason.

If you’re interested in taking a look, the EVE Community site has a full index of most of the game’s Backstory, chronicles, and the like. Take a look at it here.

There’s also a well-filled player lore and backstory Wiki, where not only the official fiction is listed, but players can add their own bits of (unofficial) character backstory and ideas. You can find the Backstage Wiki here.

9 Likes

Regarding the lore you can also find audio recordings of many of the chronicles here.

And thank you for adding the “How to find a corp” guide, much appreciated!

8 Likes

Just a friendly little bump for a great thread filled with lot’s of info to help new players.

Also thank you for including the Faction Standing Repair Plan in the Forum Guides of the Player Made Resources section. Unfortunately your link to it isn’t working.

3 Likes

Thank you for pointing that out, DeMichael. I’ve updated the link in the original post. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, glad to have helped.

Is there a reason my video content hasn’t been added to the list?

1 Like

Are they informational and instructional videos ?

Indeed my tutorials are :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, hopefully @ISD_Yumi will add a link to them.

I hope so :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ISD_Stall thank you so very much :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve added the link! :slight_smile: Apologies for the delay! Good job on them too! Thank you for sharing.

2 Likes

@ISD_Stall & @ISD_Yumi Any chance of throwing some glue on this thread so it sticks to the top of the forum?

I don’t think this thread gets enough exposure, there’s a lot of valuable info here for new players.

Any @ISD people around that can pin this thread?

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out, I’ve repinned! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just noticed @ISD_Sakimura recently posted another guide for new players which is also linked in this thread:

Since his original thread is locked I just wanted to say it’s a great guide filled with lot’s of valuable information for both new and old players, thank you very much for posting it.