[GUIDE] Low Budget Salvaging

Hello fellow capsuleers. :wave:
This guide is focused on salvaging without a Noctis and very low investment.
Aimed to help out newer players in e.g. NullSec Alliances to salvage some ISK with a ship they can fly.

If you find typos, wrong information or know something you would wanā€™t to see added, let me know so I can improve it. :+1:

Fly safe. o7

Other guides: Ninja Gas Mining (for Alphas) | Advanced Drone Handling | more on my blog
Also on Twitter: @thegreybill

3 Likes

I like to use the keyboard more than the mouse so I actually move the Salvagers down to the middle row which allows me to use ALT+F1 to fire the first salvager and ALT+F2 for the second so on and so forth.

This allows me to easily move through my already selected targets using ALT+LEFT ARROW.
So my normal salvage run has me picking up the MTU after it is all done tractoring in and then CTRL + Mouse drag to box up as many targets as my ship can handle. Then once they are targeted I hit ALT+F1, ALT+LEFT ARROW, ALT+F2, ALT+LEFT ARROW repeat for as many salvagers as you have.

This allows me to target 6 or 7 wrecks with 8 or so salvagers and start all salvagers in about 1 second or so. Really good for cleaning up after Havens and such in Nullsec.

Hope this helps with a few more keyboard short cuts.

Thanks,

3 Likes

I actually didnā€™t know you can switch targets with ALT and arrow keys. Pretty cool though!
I will quote your explanation in the guide.

Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m stuck as an alpha for a while because my ol lady didnā€™t give me much playtime, soooo no Noctis :cry:

So I built a couple salvager ships. A catalyst destroyer for a missions I deployed a MTUs on. And a speed atron frig for a wide field and can zoom to and fro.

[Catalyst, Salvage Catalyst Alpha]
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II
Expanded Cargohold II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Salvager I
Small Tractor Beam I
125mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Iridium Charge S
125mm Prototype Gauss Gun, Iridium Charge S

Small Salvage Tackle I
Small Salvage Tackle I

[Atron, Speed Salvage Atron]
Damage Control II
Nanofiber Internal Structure I
Type-D Restrained Overdrive Injector

Small F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I

Salvager I
Salvager I

Small Salvage Tackle I
Small Salvage Tackle I

1 Like

Excellent guide to help teach Alphas and new pilots how to Salvage. Thanks mate!

2 Likes

Thanks. o7

Sadly Alphas canā€™t use salvage drones - I didnā€™t realize that, or forgot. Thatā€™s somewhat important for the suggested fittings in the guide.
Actually I need to check if my fittings are still on o.snium.org after they lost some data.

Edit: Nope ^^

I put that on my to do list.

1 Like

You can ā€˜Tagā€™ the OP of your thread with ā€˜guideā€™ which will show in a blue marker when people view the threads listed in this ā€˜Industry Gameplay Centerā€™ category as well as the ā€˜Mining & Extractionā€™ subcategory.

1 Like

Iā€™m so pissed at O.sium. they had a problem and lost all my fitting I set up for the last 6 months.

This reminds me of the good old 4k cargo cane iā€™ve used in deltole.

A hurricane fitted with cargo expander modules and rigs, large shields, a mwd, four salvagers and, if useable, four tractor beams. A good investment for the serious salvager in a dangerous environment, sporting around 20k+ shield buffer. To reach the 4k, one has to add some secure cans into the mix, which allow to put more volume into them than they actually need.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint.
Sadly a tag spelled ā€œguideā€ does not work - at least not on my phone. And I wont have access to a computer for a while.
If I remember I will try to add that tag on PC.

Edit: Found out why tags donā€™t work yet:

1 Like

Re-created all the fittings that where lost on o.smium.org and updated the links in the guide.

https://o.smium.org/search?q=%40author+"Nora+Maldoran"+%40tags+"salvage"

1 Like

Little update:
Since osmium.org is no longer, the fittings can now be found on a separate page on the blog: https://thegreybill.wordpress.com/links-and-guides/fittings/

1 Like

I posted a description of a ā€œbest practice salvagingā€ scenario in an other thread you can find here:

I plan to add this to the original guide when I find the time.

o7

Edit: 10.06.: Guide updated.

1 Like

omg
Catalyst,
salvage tackle
8 salvagers
cap rech, propā€¦ inertias
stay 200 from jita. (or make bookmarks near Uedama gatesā€¦ or Tamaā€¦)
someone get killed - jump to wheck, target, F1-F2-F3-F4-F5-F6-F7-F8
and you get 1 Million cargo in 10 sec.

venture miners spend 40min to get that Huge Amount of isk