[GUIDE] Ninja Gas Mining as Alpha in Wormholes

Hello fellow capsuleers. :wave:
A while ago I wrote a guide about “ninja gas mining” in wormhole space.

This is what I tried to cover:

1. Fitting your Venture
  2. Finding the spot
  3. In spooky space
  4. What you want to see
  5. Getting a safe spot
  6. What to mine
  7. Mining & staying alive
  8. You did bookmark the exit, right?

I would love to hear your feedback on it. Did I miss something or wrote unclear. You found typos?
Let me know so I can improve it. :+1:

Fly safe. o7

Other guides: Low Budget Salvaging | Advanced Drone Handling | Safe Travels - A Guide to Nullified Transportaion | more on my blog
Also on Twitter: @thegreybill

13 Likes

Guide seems ok, gj. I wish I would have done this when I started EvE.

2 Likes

This guide seems legit, and exactly what my corp is needed atm.

You mind if I translate it into Russian? i`ll give you a proper credit, do not worry

1 Like

Glad to hear. Go ahead and translate the heck out of it! :wink:
Would be nice if you could send me the link to the translation when you got it, so I can link to it in the guide.

2 Likes

Sure man, I will do that :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thx for tis tutorial, it’s really helpful for start. :blush:

1 Like

The first time I hit a wormhole gas site in my venture. The maiden voyage of my gas venture, the Huffington Post, I landed on a gas site, it had 4 NPC torrents…needless to say my gas venture didn’t last too long.

My second trip to, took in new and improved Huffington Post 2, got 3 cycles when a stratois and hurricane landed on me… Thank CCP for +2 Warp strength. lol

2 Likes

Great name for a Venture! :grinning:

I’m adding a hint on the “Ordinary Perimeter Reservoir”. That is the site where the sleeper sentry guns are there from the start. Usually a Venture can’t warp out fast enough to survive them.

2 Likes

I’ll sure remember that next time I try. It was my first time in a gas site. I knew better by the grade of site than to warp into anything else. Just didn’t think that it applied to gas sites for some reason.[quote=“Nora_Maldoran, post:8, topic:4920”]
Great name for a Venture! :grinning:
[/quote]i have 4 specially fitted ventures for different jobs. Huffington Post is for gas sites, Sally is my mining & salvage, Fleetwood Mac is for fleet mining with an orca, and Adventure Capital is my ninja miner.

1 Like

You can ‘Tag’ the OP of your thread with ‘guide’ which will show in a blue marker when players view the threads listed in this ‘Industry Gameplay Center’ category as well as the ‘Mining & Extraction’ subcategory.

I found the reason why we there can’t be added “guide” as a tag. It has to be added by someone with the rights to do so in the sub category.

Made a post in that thread already suggesting to add that tag basically everywhere.

2 Likes

Adding the ‘guide’ tag to your thread should already be available, select the edit option for your thread title which will then show 3 bars, top one is your thread title, below that is the Category selection and on the bottom is ‘‘choose optional tags for this topic’’. To add the guide tag, just type in guide and select the blue guide tag to complete the process like how you added the ‘gas’ tag…

I’m not getting displayed that option as it seems.
Maybe I’m not allowed because I didn’t do action xyz to get the necessary batch. ^^

1 Like

Well, if you already tried typing “guide” in that bar next to the gas tag and it didn’t work, then each sub category probably only allows certain types of tags. Which is really dumb for CCP not to allow the “guide” tag to all sub-categories.

Sadly it only tells “No matches found”. Looks like it’s really not there, I can’t see any topic in this sub category that has the “guide”-tag.

nope2

1 Like

Also maybe @CCP_Avalon can say more since looks lie she maintain forum.

That tag should be available in that category now. I forgot to remove a limitation I had been testing. :fedo: :guardparrot:

3 Likes

Thanks a lot! :+1:

1 Like

This is giving me the warm fuzzies about mining again. Maybe I’ll make a profit this time around :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for that little helper :slight_smile: