Risk vs Reward ninja mining

You might want to add who it is you are replying to in your post - I certainly never said anything like your comment implies and neither did the poster before me.

Wrong. This thread will never die

1 Like

Maybe, but it should.

So then you dont agree?

LOL I love it when people talk about stuff they have never done.

Do you really think highsec moon mining is profitable enough to throw isk at ganking ninja miners?

Also, that would make the owners of the Athanor just as bad as those they are ganking - Ahh the complexities of highsec life.,.

I have no idea thats why I ask questions of people who say they do. Its a way of learning about something.

Bad in what way? Of low moral fibre?

2 Likes

Ok if you’ve EVER read any of my posts over the years, you would know i am no fan of ganking, although i do believe it has a place in the game.
I would never actively encourage someone into ganking to protect something they have built.

• If someone breaks into my house and i beat him up I am unlikely to get a prison sentence (unless i go overboard). Someone comes to take ore my structure has produced, all I want is to be able to get rid of him without risk of legal intervention (Concord)

The whole problem with highsec moon mining is, there is no way to protect what you produce WITHOUT committing “criminal acts” - Lowsec, nulsec even wormholes - You can without repercussions protect “your” moons - In highsec you can’t because the “I want what you made” crowd want it for free.,.

1 Like

Ok so you have a moral opinion on it.

I cant say I agree but thats freedom for ya.

1 Like

Damn it, now I’m scared.

You just let me have one :wink:

1 Like

They do in Sakhti. Even popped Orcas on their moon.

1 Like

Do you have trouble reading? Several counterplays have been posted, but you’re ignoring them… probably because it breaks your nArRaTiVe.

4 Likes

You’ll need to be a little more specific.

1. Sakhti, going back as far as January this year I don’t see one Orca loss/kill related to moon mining. We have 1 that was lost to NPC’s in February, One ganked in August that seems to have been mining Gneiss, so NOT moon mining.
    Aside from those two non moon mining related Orca losses, there is a lot of Ganks and not much else.
  2. Mind elaborating ? Must have missed those posts. All I kept seeing was a lot of - Stop whining moons are free, find something else to do, etc.

That has been part of EVE since day one. You build something up, and I sneak in and rob you blind. All your hard work…poof. The really clever one’s get other players to hand over their ■■■■ then “poof”.

Are we even playing the same game?

My goodness…you sure do let the perfect be the enemy of the good don’t you?

Next thing we know you’ll be pining for Sov that was based on POS’ on moons.

It is an EVE Online variation of Godwin’s Law: All threads on the EVE O Forums must devolve into discussions of ganking. :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s amusing, I actually blocked Anderson and now I see your responses, but the original comment. So much better. Also, I think Anderson is using alts to get posts hidden. Anderson really is working on being the worst poster on the forums…going to beat out Lucas soon.

3 Likes

Honestly, if it would get rid of sov wands and 7 days to kill structures - Yes give me pos bashing any day.

I think you forget out awful that was…not to say that the current system is awesome.

I haven’t forgotten how god awful it was, I just think ANYTHING has to be better than sov wanding.

Current sov sucks, it is nothing but grindy, shite mechanics with stupid timers that are enough to drive a madman mad. It takes longer to kill an iHub with a sov wand than it ever did to kill one with guns and with sov wands there is little to no chance of a fight.
At least when we could actually shoot the damned things there was a chance of a fight, now you just spend your time chasing of T1 destroyers that want to wand your stuff - So much fun - NOT.

Reread the killmail: Orca | Zet Clichkov | Killmail | zKillboard

It even says right on it that it was at a moon. And “Brilliant Gneiss” is only found from moon mining.

Jesus Christ…

… at moons.

1 Like

Please please tell me how to block people on the forums. I’ve been looking for the option all over.

Here ya go.

1 Like

omg thank you. I can’t believe I missed that post.

My time on the forums is about to become a lot more enjoyable.

2 Likes