Risk vs Reward ninja mining

im sure they wil.and then making the point on who mining the rocks first look pretty stupid

get mercs to go after themā€¦ As i said, you can see who every pilot is that mines even 1m3 of rock from your athenor. Or hire someone to sit at your athenor so when it pops, they will just sit and play bumper cars with the miners, maybe make them leave.

it dont work that way.the more you interact with this people the more they want to grife you

Then go play X4ā€¦this is a MMO.

You canā€™t have it all your way soā€¦

2 Likes

why would you mine and risk your social status?

Nonsense.

1 Like

Just playing devilā€™s advocate hereā€¦

You know I love you kidsā€¦

1 Like

Figures, a codemonkey shows up.

I love this game,but if you knowe howe many left this game due to grifing then you shud be more conserned.im not living but use may opinion her to tray and make som change.

You donā€™t love EVE at allā€¦thatā€™s why you left many timesā€¦

I suggest you leave againā€¦X4 might be more your style.

2 Likes

your ded wrong il keep playing iven if im grifed out of omega il still keep playing alpha

please consider at least using correct spelling.

being apart of a corp with an athenor may not be for you then. maybe you need to let that dream go, and probably work with another corp on moon mining, or find something else to do in New Eden.

1 Like

itā€™s so mutch love in EvE forums,dont look like the change ccp made have helped mutch on that

I have found it to my advantage not to own the station that does the moon mining. You sink a weekā€™s worth of fuel into it, own an expensive asset that makes you vulnerable to wardec, and in exchange you get to set a timer. CONCORD protects anyone mining anything in your area.

In my area we have dealt with this by setting lengthy extractions so that thereā€™s always a glut of ore somewhere. Enough that ā€˜ninja miningā€™ doesnā€™t really have an impact, but this does leave the station operator at a relative disadvantage.

In exchange for having pretty much limitless ore, and totally on my honor, I use the refining service of the station operator and pay their tax, whatever it is, but it is simply not worth the cost to me to own and operate a moon drill.

On the occasions that I have fired a one, I see the time is scouted very quickly, often estimated before the first fracture regardless of any intervening interval. I suppose I could hire mercenaries to bump or destroy orcas in highsec, adding significantly to the cost, but why bother when I can just leave it to some other person who also wonā€™t want to pay for that service.

That said, I am not a fan of the suspect timer idea. I think that makes it far too easy to punish unauthorized miners, or, if we force this suspect timer on all non-corporation members, people who operate shell corps to protect themselves will whine like the dickens.

The idea I like best is to give the athanor some kind of bump gun that will harmlessly fling a ship away from the ore. This requires someone to be on hand to man the structure, gives a definite advantage to the owner, so long as they are present, but does not turn a ninja miner into a free for all target.

Nothing is likely to make everyone happy, regardless. We work with what we have. I still own my station, but I have someone else pay the fuel bill whoā€™s willing, and I let them set the timer on the extraction however they want. Thereā€™s always ore left over for me if I want it, and I am free to mine at the other stations if I care to. I do not do this often, but it is like a little community of industrialists working together and it feels nice to be part of something outside of corporate isolation. Interacting with people doesnā€™t by necessity lead to griefing. People can cooperate to mitigate the negative effects of circumstances.

For what itā€™s worth, this situation doesnā€™t seem right to me, either, but CCP makes the rules and weā€™ve had this debate long and hard some time ago. No proposed alternative to the current system gained any significant traction or universal appeal, and so weā€™re stuck with what we have until CCP thinks they have a superior plan and resources to implement it.

My advice is to let this lie and spend your energy on trying to find a way to make the existing rules work for you.

9 Likes

i agre and like your post thers newer anny good way to change things like som venturs mining at my athanor dont rely bother me but fleets of orcaā€™s with skiffā€™s do,i liked the ide of bumping mod in athanor hehe

i dont expect anny change this year or next year,but they did change the war mecanics after manny years of discussion. and tred after tred be closed for trolling or the subject was just to hot.

Ok yea Iā€™m gonna be that guy. Invest in a spell checker or be less lazy with your typing. It is hard to take you seriously when you canā€™t even be bothered to type actual words or semi complete sentences.

6 Likes

No to suspect flag.

The issue is not much different than the miners in the ice belts, yet people deal with that (in their own ways) or complain about how unfair it is too. It is NOT YOURS until it is in your hanger. Fracturing the moon doesnā€™t automatically give you ownership of the rocks floating in space.

If there are issues with the current wardecs that should be dealt with separately.

1 Like

Why dont you gank them?

4 Likes

removed off topic picture of mining ice