Risk vs Reward ninja mining

No, the content of the asteroid does not belong to the corporation that shoot the moon. Try again.

The asteroid belongs to James 315. You know this.

2 Likes

You didn’t “read” what i said did you.
Just picked some random thought out of your head and went - Yep, this will do.

Come to Nulsec and try to ninja farm one of our moons - You are going to die.
What if a bunch of randoms came to your nice safe little haven in the wormhole and started to steal your anons, mined your moons, or otherwise screwed with “your” hole.
You can freely kill them, with no consequences from game mechanics punishing you for it. You don’t “own” the hole, that would require Sov and you can’t take sov in a wh.

Moon mining should have some built in risk for those who don’t own the structure that produces the ore. Right now it is all in favour of the thieves - That should be addressed.

I agree, no-one should be able to “own” an asteroid belt. Except when that asteroid belt is formed by the actions of a group of players. This is just another - “Meh it will do”, thing from CCP.

1 Like

The last time I was in null sec I took out a whole mining fleet.

Where is your moon located again?

1 Like

Do you people suffer from brain damage?

For even the simplest of mind I will explain it one last time, also to expose the serious amount of hypocrizy by those who believe there should be a suspect flag for this stuff.

If they want to shoot the people mining “their” ore,
all they need to do is have their moon station in lowsec.

Instead people choose to plant their station in highsec,
under the protection of CONCORD for a reason.

The reason is that they can’t handle people who will try to compete for the ore. That also means that in the most cases they will not be able to compete with someone who goes suspect, because that someone is - in most cases - going to be a baiter, which means the only targets they’d be shooting at is clueless people and rookies.

So you end up with either shooting a rookie, or you’re going to explode.

It is not hard to understand. In fact, the only thing that stands in the way of understanding this is the hubris of those who believe they won’t be getting their asses kicked by exactly those they are attracting this way.

The amount of sheer selfishness, short sightedness and utter stupidity, combined with this massive cognitive dissonance people are suffering from is absolutely intolerable. You are in highsec to have some form of protection from those who want to compete with you directly.

You can’t have your cake and eat it too, otherwise the cake’s going to ■■■■ you up:

Allowing peoplet to go suspect, so you can shoot them,
will inevitably attract people who will deliberately go suspect so they can kill you.

You will have no chance to compete.

It will attract people like me, because you people are not only willing to shoot yourself in the foot, you’re also willing to deny rookies a nice income stream and you’d shoot them - and only them - because that’s the only ones you could potentially deal with, otherwise you’d be mining moons in lowsec.

Pathetic losers.

5 Likes

I often go to wh’s and farm the anoms, spelunking is fun

I’ve not been caught by the locals yet, because I practice due diligence and I’m not stupid enough to do it while they’re active.

1 Like

When would that have been - For at least the last year you haven’t been anywhere below 0.5.
Everyone knows Code don’t do nulsec - You’re lucky if you ever see them in lowsec.

I looked through 48 pages of ganks from you, dating back to January - Not one outside highsec.

I think it is a pity loses from criminal acts don’t count toward kills and losses. Just another little thing CCP wants to hide in statistics.

Moon mining not belt mining.

I think the topic was only for moon mining and the risk of ninja looting on a moon chunk after it had been exploded into tiny moon ore chunks.

Gee and here was me thinking Eve was about “risk vs reward” not - Hey look someone did all the work lets go take it risk free.

So many self entitled highsec players who don’t want any element of risk in their game play - then whine like children that nulsec is too safe.,.

Your post is such a confusing amalgamation of concepts, I’ll try to sort it out:

• Null/WH - completely irrelevant due to how the mechanics differ, so you can’t really compare them in this case. There is no suspect flagging. Here you are confusing concrete and abstract concepts of “ownership” and “occupancy”, rendering your argument internally invalid.
  • As has been stated repeatedly, the owners of HiSec Athanors have the advantage of timing exactly when the chunk explodes, with only indication of progress, but not time remaining, to onlookers. Furthermore, the owners also have the option of bumping the ninjas out of range.
  • Again, CCP has ruled clearly on this: the asteroids are a public resource available to anyone who can mine them.
2 Likes

That’s the risk of moon mining in the safety of HiSec. :sunglasses:

LOL, yeah my freighter alt doesn’t have much of a killboard history.

But also doesn’t make silly claims about killing whole fleets in nulsec alone.

Your killboard says - I lose more ships than i kill - But we won’t hold that against you - You obviously can’t help it, you are just playing the game the most risk free way you can.

Right now there is plenty of rewards to mining the free moon ore that is drifting off in space.

The station is helpless to protect its own moon ore once the chunk had been exploded.

The only risk is if the owner decides to attack your mining ship and most times they will ask for a fee where you can decide if you will accept such fee.

It is. You’re deliberately ignoring that the morons who ask for suspect flagging aren’t willing to actually take any risks, otherwise they’d be mining in lowsec.

You’re a loser and you’re arguing for losers, and you suck at it.

The people who ask for suspect state not only have zero chances of competing with actual competition, they will only ever engage those they believe they can beat, which is new players mostly, or try to hire others to do it for them.

Everyone who isn’t a clueless rookie is going to wipe the tastebuds out of their mouths. The only reason why I think this idea is stupid, is the whining by losers like yourself is intolerable and it’s only going to get worse, just like it always had when someone came up with a stupid idea like this one.

You have been warned.

2 Likes

Why would anyone “pay a fee” to mine something that is setup as a free for all?

Well here is the thing, do you wish to become friends with the corp who you are taking the ore from?

Do you feel that you might like to one day become sort of social with such pilots?

You don’t own moons in HiSec, just the station. Same in LowSec, but the mechanics allow for enforcing the abstract concept of ownership.

Again, most miners are very easily thwarted by bumping. Also, you can time exactly when the chunk explodes.

Furthermore Athanors are so cheap that whining about the cost to operate the drill is not a valid complaint or argument.

No no NO Most if not all moons are owned by the Swine of Highsec.

Top right hand side of screen. Will say something like “Amarr Empire” or “Caldari State”. That’s who concretely owns the moons.

I’m one of the few -10 in this game who stays in space all day,
refusing to use scouting alts, while operating in a 1.0.

You are free to ask me for a date,
so I can kick your candy ass.

You may have the last word,
but rest assured that you are not worth any further responses.

1 Like