Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

Article in The Placid Tribune, 20.03.YC123

System Monitors and Contractor Security on High Alert With Arrival of FIO Taskforce in Pegeler Constellation
Eugales - Tensions are high today in the greater Pegeler district, as after days watching smaller task groups filter into the Unorganized system of Eugales, more robust units have been sighted making their way to port at the Federal Defense Union and FedMart Retail stations in system.

Even with their stated mandate to "Counter Subversion and Terrorism,” many are on edge due to the broad coverage such a mandate has, and many smaller independent communities have expressed displeasure at this deployment due to the potential for abuses against colonies without ties to a memberstate in Organized systems, echoing similar disdains for when the system was ‘given’ to the Franchise holders of the neighbouring Organized system of Archavoinet by way of System of Interest claim last year, though there is notably more upset with the involvement of a Federal level entity.

Speaking on the Franchise Holders for the aforementioned SoI claim, a heightened readiness and activity has been noted amongst security units and in space patrols, with some six capital vessels seen coming and going at different time to and from the vicinity of the ‘Orbital Yards’ over planet VI, organized small ship units, and regular fightercraft flights launching from dedicated platforms to patrol the system.

(Pictured: recon flight of modified Dragonfly class fighters)

The Placid Tribune reached out to the CEO of Purosupekuta Resourcing Auxiliary-Navy, Sakabkei Kiijata, a supporter of the United Neopian Federation and one of the Security Franchise holders enforcing the SoI claim, and he had this to say:

“I am a full-time dad, now. I’m a high-profile capsuleer who’s gotten lots of death threats, and have previously been targeted. But consider that in spite of that, I’ve chosen to rear my children in this system because I have faith in our readiness. Even more so in recent months after an overhaul to our recovery operation procedures. Before the last war, none of this from us or even the FIO was necessary, since then the system was like every other low out there, changing hands in the warzone every other day from conscripted eggs and brainless script riders who avoid newcomers to the system like soap repelling oil on the surface of water. If I feel safe here, I don’t understand why the FIO feels the need to conduct anything. That’s just asking for trouble. If you want more, there’s no one I’d trust more with my security operations than Chief of Operations Derek Niskahara. Excuse me, it’s feeding time.”

(Pictured: Sakabkei Kiijata, CEO of PRA-N)
Kiijata was only available outside of his children’s nursery for a brief period before he directed us towards his subordinate for further information. When we asked the Chief of Operations to elaborate on Kiijata’s last point, he had this to say:

“The thing about capsuleers is they’re hard to hide, and when they try to it usually means they’ve got something worth attacking them for to steal or get credit for on kill. What we’ve done is announce our presence here, but we’ve got nothing more to steal than anyone else. Especially since the last war trimmed us a bit. We’ve been low profile by being obvious, and that’s been fine with us. But the Feds choosing to investigate the system on their own terms suggests something’s here even when there’s not, and that draws the kind of attention we don’t need, or want. It’s like a capital in low. Even if there’s nothing in the system for the cap to smash, and try sniping loot on, people will turn their eyes to the system because there’s a cap there, and that’s just as good a score as any citadel.”

The Placid Tribune also attempted to reach out to Lauralite Brezia, the CEO of Wolf Brothers INC, and administrator of what is likely the largest currently independent colony in Eugales, but was unable to get a response for this publication.

Of note is that Nadire Security Consultants, , a security firm with ties to the Nadire district in Sinq Laison, seems to have deployed a supporting force to the FIO contingent. We managed to reach out to one of the supporting pilots, Clementine LaFleur , for comment about Nadire’s deployment ethos, and personal thoughts about the potential for abuses with the FIO’s broad mandate.

“We here at Nadire Security Consultants believe in a united Federation and here to support the Federal Intelligence Office and ensure that abuse is not being committed by independent colonies, not the other way round.
I would also like to add that FIO operate under direct instructions of the President, for who many, myself included voted for.”

(Pictured: Clementine Lafluer, NADSC contractor)

further questions were met with statements about confidential orders, and the subject was dropped.

At this juncture, things remain uncertain for the future of the system of Eugales.

In Other News:

• Sansha’s Nation Incursion in Viriette constellation sees increase in destruction of in-space assets, planetary and station security forces on high alert.
  • Suspected Anaebra Cult Gang on Rampage about Diaspora Freeport raitaru in Intaki system, ten dead, four missing, after recent series of attacks in Habitat Eight.
  • I-RED acquires majority shares of Lonetrek-based private health insurance company MedStar ™️ ; operational shift announcements expected soon
  • Elusive former I-RED executives Selenna Solange and Roirdan Bouchate photographed enjoying beach resort on Duureanta (Harroule IV) with newborn
  • Core districts of second terrestrial city of the Utpattia Protectorate colony in Syndicate now completed; city formally christened with name of Navyii Shuru
  • Rumors of FIO Black Ops Bridges staging from Orvolle counterterrorism installation within range of Eugales ‘unsubstantiated but plausible’
  • New X-Rated Holoreel Set joint produced by EBK Studios and NOH subsidiary Silver Fox Entertainment, featuring holo-siren and Companion Lauralite Anne Brezia, Seen as Controversial and ‘morally questionable’ in some memberstates
9 Likes