Mandate to Counter Subversion and Terrorism in Eugales

Report sent via secure FTL communication to the Commander leading the taskforce heading towards Eugales

--CLASSIFIED--
                       --FOR YOUR EYES ONLY--

TO: [REDACTED]

PRELIMINARY REPORT:

I can confirm that the anchoring of the monitoring relays has begun. Each one will be placed in high orbit above each planet, moon, and asteroid belt. In addition, relays for each capsuleer station will be in visual of the structures. My initial protest still stands that the relays you have provided are inadequate due to the nature of capsuleers. For us to retrieve any sort of valuable data, something more inconspicuous is needed to prevent these from being destroyed.

I have also made contact with Lauralite Brezia, the CEO of Wolf Brothers INC, and whom you have stated is a person of interest. To coincide with her recent invitation to visit the Orbital Yards and Security Corridor astrahus, she has extended this to me as well. It appears a free rein of her facilities may show some willingness to cooperate. Although it is uncertain at this time if this is a ploy of misdirection or a genuine display that they do not wish to hide anything.

Please see below an annex that may be relevant in the investigation to come.

6 Likes

Report sent via secure FTL communication to the Commander leading the taskforce heading towards Eugales

--CLASSIFIED--
                       --FOR YOUR EYES ONLY--

REPORT 01 - 123.04.01:

It has been over a week since the relays were installed and sieving through the usual kill reports only two came through as noteworthy. Both of which appear to be casualties from UNF and both appear to the hands of a capsuleer alliance named R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

Alongside personal encounters, I also ran a background check confirming this group resides in the contested regions of Essence and Black Rise, with roams to neighboring regions such as Placid. Targeting vessels indiscriminately, “Gatecamping” seems to be their preferred method. Taking advantage of the stargate guns’ poor algorithms, they engage and then immediately warp away, rending the guns onboard computers unable to validate a target. They can then warp back and continue their original engagement unhindered.

With regards to UNF themselves; the relay in observation of the Shine Ehklel Security Corridor (Wolf Brothers INC) above Eugales VI has seen an increase of unmarked freighters docking at the station, the contents of these are still unknown.

It also picked up long-range fighter patrols, with readings unusual to that of Upwell certified fighters. Further investigation will be needed to clarify what UNF has done to these? The orbital shipyard has recently moved a Thanatos class carrier into the drydock and started its final fittings, which now sits alongside the wrecked Wyvern hull reported earlier.

I have yet to formalise a meeting with Ms. Brezia. It is clear she is a busy person but my hope is to bring my colleague as he has much more expertise in such matters.

5 Likes

Report sent via secure FTL communication to the Commander leading the taskforce in Eugales

--CLASSIFIED--
                       --FOR YOUR EYES ONLY--

REPORT 02 - 123.04.21:

I was able to organise our first meeting with Ms. Brezia. We were given access to her station which she had previously said was open. We did get a look around on our way to logistic offices and noticed that many of the female workforces shared a peculiar similarity with the assistant that was accompanying us. Unfortunately, we were unable to get round to that line of questioning due to the topic derailing onto her colony applying for Ascension into the Federation. This is something I think you should consider if you are to investigate them yourselves. This in turn (I believe) prompted her public post on the IGS. [1]

Continuing with the relays, they picked up a few kill reports, one of which I am happy to see Astral Mining Inc. protecting their own fleets. Stratios - Julius ReifrardRenlard Toten The relays also picked up several A Band Apart roaming fleets. This pirate group mainly operates out of Ouelletta but their hunting ground is the majority of the lowsec contested systems.

I can also confirm that I have established several contacts within each station to ensure that I am kept up to date with the talk and rumours in the system. One of which has arisen that I feel personally disturbed about. Talk has suggested that several Templis Dragonaurs operatives have been trading tech with other criminal groups, some of which could potentially be here in Eugales. I can enquire further but I am aware that the risk is high, and hesitant to put them in a position that could compromise them.

4 Likes

Report sent via secure FTL communication to the Commander leading the taskforce in Eugales

--CLASSIFIED--
                       --FOR YOUR EYES ONLY--

REPORT 03 - 123.05.04:

In lieu of recent events, I regret to inform you that this will be my last report. While my obligation to assisting the FIO and by extension the Federation is of upmost importance. It is also my obligation to protect our borders from external threats. Be that Amarr Navy, Mercenaries or other capsuleer corporations, I feel my resources and capabilities will better utilised on those fronts.

With that said please see my conclusions of the system. I’m sure the involvement of DERAIL and CDIA will be able to glean more than I have in my short stay in the system.

• The combat in the Eugales is on par with other systems in the surrounding constellation and other lowsec regions.

• While Ms. Brezia and UNF stand impartial with the Federation, I have not found anything nefarious that would suggest subversion. The conformation that DERAIL has been brought in has seemed to of shaken her somewhat.

• The rumours of Templis Dragonaurs in system has come up dry. I do not wish endanger my contacts and therefore withdrew them. My hope is that there is a safer way to dig up more information regarding this.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.