Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

Mehatoor VI - 24th Imperial Crusade Logistic Support
July 17th YC123

Thanks for dragging me along for a walk on the promenade, Junip. I do feel more serene now.

Hmhm. You’re welcome, Zak. Maybe you should listen to your sibling’s advice more often.

Yeah, yeah.
Hey! Juni! Look! There she is!

…Who?

The little Achur running towards us. There!

…The one with the white face?

White face? Oh…yeah. She didn’t have that when I last saw her. But I don’t see any other little Achur running towards us. Do you?

[sigh] Noooo. But who is she? Do you know her?

…Wow, did you see that!? She was looking right at us!

…Well, she passed us quite closely and we were looking at her…and if someone looked at me the way you look at her…

…In the eyes of a god…

…Zak!? What are you on about?! Who is she?!

Hm? Oh, sorry… That was the Achurunner.

…Who?

The Achurunner. That’s what they call her. I told you about her!

…You did?

Yes! You know, Juni, for someone who insists that I listen to my sibling you certainly don’t seem to listen a lot to your’s.

…I’m listening now

Ok…so…her name is Yun-Hee Yubari, and she’s a capsuleer that came to live here a couple months ago. Word is that-

Wait, she’s an empyrean!? Aaand her name is Juni? Is that why you’ve sometimes been calling me Juni lately?

…Uhm…maybe?

…Unbelievable. You and your obsession with capsuleers… No wonder I was not listening when you told me about her. You ramble on about them all the time. And what did you just say? In the eyes of a god? If you say stuff like that around dad, no wonder he is so on your case.

…You’re a lot like him, Juni.

[sigh]…Ok…Zakara…I’m sorry. If you really find this interesting…tell me about that… Yubari the Achurunner. See? I listen. So why do they call her that?
…Wait, yeah, don’t look at me like that. I think I can answer that myself. I guess she runs a lot?

Yes. Like…for a couple hours almost every day. If we stayed here long enough, we might see her run past again…although maybe not now she has seen us looking at her. I’ve read she’s a bit of a recluse and rarely leaves her ship when she’s not running.

…Okaaay. So what does she do here apart from running? The usual capsuleer stuff?

Glad you asked! See, that is what most of the speculation is about. Word is her ship, a mere shuttle, rarely leaves the dock and that she mostly uses it as a home. As to why she is here… Does she remind you of another capsuleer I told you about? One that also lives here?

…Uhm…wait. I think I know this one…

Admittedly she looks a bit less like her now she has that Caldari white face, but she used to look quite a bit like her.

…Uhm…that other Achur empyrean…uhm…Aria something?

Right! Aria Jenneth. So you do indeed listen to me sometimes. So…the gossip that goes round lately is that Aria is the reason why Yun-Hee is here…some even going as far to suggest that they are in love with each other. Eggers as well, that heretic Nauplius even asked her…Yun-Hee, on the local system comms if she is in love with Aria. She denied it, but that even capsuleers are having such suspicions themselves just adds fuel to that rumor.

Who cares what that man thinks! He’s a … psychopath!

…Be that as it may, it’s actually one of the more plausible theories I’ve read. I mean, I’ve not read much that can be seen as contrary evidence. Whether they are in love or not, Aria is the best explanation I’ve seen for Yun-Hee being here. I mean, why else did they look so much alike?

…Are you sure you’re not just being a bit racist?

[sigh] …Alright…let me see if I can find a picture…
Here, see?! This is Yun-Hee, what she looked like not too long ago, and that is Aria.

…Hmm, ok. They do look kind of alike in those pics. Anyway, shall we go back home, Zak? I think we’ve been away long enough for dad to calm down, and I’m getting hungry. I hope we’ll have dinner soon.

Sure. Oh, by the way, did I tell you about…

Sukuuvestaa School Records: Yun-Hee Yubari

((Certain requirements will be necessary for it to be usable as IC knowledge: motivation to pry and Sukuuvestaa 3.0, Caldari State 9.0, or Hacking/Connections 3))

Summary

Name: Yun-Hee Yubari
Date of birth: 97.26.09
Place of birth: Saisio III
Sex: Female
Father:
Mother: Tosha Yubari (deceased 101.07.17)

YC101
Yun-Hee has a very high intelligence, average fitness. Not aggressive unless provoked, generally quiet and calm.

YC102
Possibly suffers from nocturnal enuresis. Very unmotivated to do homework and often distracted in class. Most grades still above average. Social skills below average. Yuh-Hee has repeatedly said to Mister Yamaku that she is “in love” with him. Therapist concluded that this is merely a strong affection for Mister Yamaku and a confusion about what it means to be in love.

YC103
Definitely suffers from nocturnal enuresis. Motivation and focus have not improved, but grades remain mostly above average. Social skills poor. Yun-Hee is nearly always picked last during team sports and her team needs to be coached to include her in the plays, despite her physical abilities. During academic teamwork she lets others take the lead and contributes little, unless she gets frustrated by slow progress, then she tends to act in a derogatory manner towards her team.

YC104
Not much has changed. Yun-Hee still tends to keep mostly to herself or prefers the company of adults. Has little interest in clubs and extracurricular activities. Can be aggressive when confronted with (perceived) injustice. Has been caught firestarting a few times.

YC105
The known problems have not been resolved, but her performance in sports and games has improved. Still suffers from nocturnal enuresis despite efforts to treat it. Has been caught abusing/killing animals and stealing.

YC107
Yun-Hee is picked on by class mates occasionally. Once after being bullied on the grounds, she displayed furious aggression, repeatedly kicking a fence, destroying part of it. This impressed her classmates enough that they stopped bullying her for a while. Known strengths and weaknesses remain.

YC108
Yun-Hee has been in a couple of fights with her classmates. Motivation and focus have improved a bit after entering in Miss Asake’s class. Surprisingly scored 98% on final primary school test.

YC110
The improvement of focus and motivation seen at the end of primary school has not continued. Yun-Hee also continues to have trouble socializing with her classmates and has been in one or two fights. She has finally stopped suffering from nocturnal enuresis.

YC111
Yun-Hee has been able to socialize more with her classmates after having become friends with a new classmate. This has come at a cost though, as she spends even less time on her homework than before.

YC112
Despite therapy and aptitude tests showing that Yun-Hee could have a promising career in many fields, she is still unmotivated to apply herself. Still has no idea how she could best serve the State.

YC113
Even though only barely passing the final exam of secondary school, Yun-Hee was recruited into Nani Achur Naval Institute after their tests revealed that she would likely make a good capsuleer.

2 Likes

Raid on Cormorant’s Nest

22nd July YC123

A local Luminaire news report

A joint Federal and CONCORD raid was made in Luminaire late last night (NEST) of a capsuleer owned control tower named the Cormorant’s Nest. It is believed that the owner, a capsuleer named Julian ‘Eddie’ Flavours had amasses a gathering under the guise of a fan club dedicated to two other capsuleers. Several million isk worth of contraband were seized in the raids but local law enforcement has at this time refused to comment on the contents.

Two dozen arrests were made during the raid, all members of the so called Cormorants and Jackals. An eyewitness claims he heard one on them shouting that it was a cult before being placed in a police vehicle. Mr. Flavours was not among the arrests made and his whereabouts is currently unknown.

We will keep you up to date on this ongoing story.

7 Likes

Disco Rap Artist “Whskr” Arrested for Smuggling Kittens

CONCORD got its paws on controversial disco rap artist Whskr after the musician–whose legal name is Lorne Atama–was caught with 37 purr-loined kittens hidden in a his tunic.

The artist who drew controversy for his recent album, “Disco Edenferno” drew attention to himself when the sedatives he used on his feline captives began to wear off, as he was passing through security in a Perimeter Athanor, intent on disembarking to meet a buyer in Jita.

“Mr. Atama seemed nervous, and clutched at his stomach,” a Transstellar Agency (TSA) agent said on condition of anonymity. “I was horrified at first, when his stomach seemed to writhe in several directions.” Atama began to squirm and scream, according to eyewitness accounts, in what some described as “something between a Whskr dance show and a man in desperate need of a restroom.”

TSA agents were purr-occupied for several hours as they rounded up the castaway kittens, all of whom were unharmed and immediately donated to a no-kill shelter. Mr. Atama was transported to the Athanor clinic to be treated for tetanus and moderate blood loss.

One CONCORD official pawsed in her efforts to assist in fettering the feline festivities to make a statement to the media:

“We have placed Mr. Atama under arrest for charges of smuggling and animal abuse, though he is also a person of interest in several other cases. Right meow I can’t speak to those open investigations, but I would speculate the injuries Mr. Atama suffered were essentially self-inflicted and he should not expect leniency in his sentencing.”

Lawyers for Atama declined to comment, and records indicate they severed their retainer contract with the musician while he was being treated for numerous puncture wounds and psychological trauma.

3 Likes

In celebration of their official incorporation, Blacklace Ltd. has released their first issue of their E-Zine on GalNet. The announcement of this, in conjunction with their sponsorships by Impetus and Egonics Inc., took place at an gala thrown by CEO Erin mal Forneus on board her infamous ‘Party Badger’ pleasure barge that has taken Gallentean baseliners by storm. While there have been whispers of involvement with Guristas and Serpentis, Federation officials have been unable to ascertain any connections between the new adult entertainment conglomerate and rogue pirate factions.

7 Likes

Federal court journals report that an application by the Vabraatim Pelsiddhakyl originally submitted to the Viriette Federal District Court has recently been submitted to the Pegeler Federal District Court on the grounds that the defendant, Aina Yuminoro, is likely to have relocated to the jurisdiction of that court following the deployment of the LDPS 203rd Combined Asset Protection Regiment to Eugales.

Those following the case indicate that the Pegeler application is identical to the Viriette application other than pointing to Yuminoro’s new deployment as supporting evidence of the breaches of the Protection of Heritage Act FC 67 and the Dealing in Cultural Objects (Offences) Act FC 63 alleged in the original application.

It remains to be seen whether the Pegeler Court will be more likely to intervene than its counterpart in Viriette.

1 Like

Lleyl;

for the final time, no.

What we asked for in Amo was release our kin, remember the Ray, back off with the inter-tribe violence. These things have been done. We know now where the Deathglow and the Black Daggers came from. Amnesties have been granted, all sides. Justice to the Six hasn’t been served but Efrit’s on Skarkon, and to push further now is to push for a civil war and to have a civil war is to lose the big one.

Take the offer. Go home. Protect your clan. Defend the free Tribes.

War’s coming.

Beth.

3 Likes

6NJ8-V IV - The Rabbit’s Warren Fortizar, Office of Venal Prosperity Agency Head Director Utatis Parinen.

“Utatis! Utatis!”

“Ma’am, you’re gonna break your neck running in my office like that…”

“Oh, never mind that!~ Did you see the news?”

“The news? About the heist? Yes. I’ve read up on it. What about it Suha?”

“What about it? Utatis! The atmosphere here is electric! Such a spectacle demands celebration! Already pleasure hubs are filling up with Guristas spending their new cut of the fortunes! Or merely wanting to celebrate the astonishing feat!”

“I rather stay in if you don’t mind…”

“Oh I’m not saying we should all go out and party… There’s an opportunity for us to keep the party going!”

"Ah, so business then. Alright, what do you need? I’ll write it all down

“Food and drink! Get feelers out for anyone selling and buy em out at a bulk deal.”

“I think Avio got us some contacts in the Thukker tribe who he willing to sell us some ale at a good price per barrel.”

“Perfect! But diversify! Get alcohol in bulk, but be sure to obtain more top-shelf items. Keep the taps flowing, but make sure more speciality drinks are around for those wanting to make the occasion special.”

“So what are we doing with all this product?”

“Distribute the goods among our client businesses and encourage them to start some kind of discount program. Whatever works for their business model, just be sure they encourage patrons to come in and stay. Whatever surplus we have sell off to any other place in Venal in need of more booze.”

“Right.”

“Talk with our HP-A crew contact and see if they are willing to cut us a deal on some “Party favors” too…”

“Yeah, I can’t have a party of degeneracy without drugs…”

“Oh! That reminds me! Contraceptives!”

“… So Condoms?”

“Yep!~ Everyone out there should be having fun!~ And not stressing about any unwanted pregnancies or disease during the festivities!~ Make sure our more “Intimate” establishments have plenty to spare, yes?”

“… Okay. I don’t know where I can get condoms in bulk we’re talking . But I’ll figure something out…. Anything else?”

“Water!~”

"Water?’

“Well we can’t forget to encourage hydration amidst celebrations!~ It’s important for those Guristas that have work in the morning to drink as much water they can to avoid hangovers!”

“Yes, dont want that now… Anything else”

“Hmm… I’ll let you know! Thanks Utatis!”

“Yes, anytime Ma’am…”

“This is gonna be fun!”

5 Likes

AFTER ACTION REPORT

VARYAZI CLADE

ROUND TABLE ASSEMBLY

AIRCOM PEN RHIONYDD, MAHONISGARD, SKARKON II

MEMORANDUM FOR WARDEN THADDEUS REYNOLDS

SUBJECT: After Action Report, Battle of Ishuhuolvi Gulf

1. This after action report is prepared 7.24.123

2. The following is information regarding the contingency itself:

Deployed Location : Ishuhuolvi Gulf, Skarkon II

Deployed CCOs : Galm Eskola-Fae

Duration of Deployment: ~7 hours, 5 minutes

Contingency Purpose: In support of defensive operations.

1. Sources of Supply

a. Host Clan Support: Varyazi Clade provided the majority of equipment procured for ongoing operations, including aircraft, intelligence tracking, quick response teams, ammunition, and camera drones.

b. Bosena Accords Support: Non-combat logistical materials such as biomass, CRU units, food and other essentials were provided by the Bosena Accords in accordance with Accords policy. Dive equipment and submersible vehicles were rented at cost and returned to Bosena Accords quartermasters upon completion. (Or rather, what’s left of it. Security deposit forfeited for lost materials.)

c. Servicing Military Installations: AIRCOM PEN RHIONYDD provided basing and maintenance for atmospheric craft between sorties, in addition to indirect fire support from Sahendaruman Fortress.

d. Triglavian Assistance: Veles assistance impossible to evaluate due to lack of visibility on marine operations and capabilities but estimated to be substantial in sinking of STRA fleet.

1. Timeline of Events:

0340 – Gulltoppr-class submarine launches wave of cruise missiles
0344 – Indirect Fire Alarm Alerts PEN RHIONYDD of incoming hypersonic projectile

0347 – Automated CIWS & Nanodome Systems Armed

0350 – Hellawes Squadron scrambled, armed with limited armament & concussion bombs

0353 – Hellawes confirm visual on incoming missile, diverted to hunt for sub

0359 – First wave of missiles strike PEN RHIOYDD, no casualties

0400 – Gulltoppr launches second wave of cruise missiles

0420 – Second wave of missiles impact PEN RHIOYDD

0421 – Alert Dispatched to Bosena Accords of risk of incoming fire

0430 – Hellawes Fighters Arrive 1.7 km off Ishuhuolvi Peninsula

0442 – Second wave of cruise missiles impact, partial failure of nanodome shield

0500 – Flight of two Eryx dropships depart PEN RHIOYDD with frogman teams & equipment

0505 – Third wave of missiles launched from Gulltoppr, Hellawes confirm visual of launchsite

0515 – Hellawes 1 releases concussive bomb depth charge against Gulltoppr

0515 – Hellawes 1 shot down by enemy point defense, Hellawes 2 takes flight lead

0516 – Massive explosion reported on surface, unknown effect on target

0517 – Gulltoppr launches flight of five Valkyrie combat drones

0518 – Third wave of cruise missiles impact, nanodome suffers catastrophic failure

0519 – Hellawes 3 and 5 shot down by Valkyrie drones, Hellawes 2 releases depth charge

0520 – Concussion bomb detonates

0521 – Gulltoppr launches additional wave of cruise missiles

0522 – Hellawes 4 releases depth charge, Gulltoppr initiates crash dive

0523 – Hellawes 2 and 4 exfil combat zone

0541 – Cruise missiles impact, nuclear detonation confirmed

0545 – Most staff reclone, battle damage assessment and repair crews dispatched

0555 – PEN RHIOYDD repair crews confirm substantial damage to airfield

0600 – Recloned Hellawes crew tasked with preparing replacement aircraft for launch

0624 – Eryx dropships arrive on site, deploy infantry onto inflatable vessels

0625 – Varyazi combat teams prepare for aquatic operations

0635 – Eryx release gravimetric ASW scanner at Gulltoppr’s last know position

0637 – ASW scanner identifies pod of whales at depth of 20 meters

0639 – ASW scanner locate Gulltoppr at depth of 50 meters

0641 – ASW scanner pick up several unidentified contacts at 60 meters and climbing

0644 – Hydroacoustic search from combat teams identifies multiple underwater explosions

0646 – Valkyrie drones return, strafing combat teams & Eryx dropships

0647 – Combat teams abandon raft with dive equipment, suffer 30% casualty rate from strafing attacks

0649 – Fossegrimen-class screening submarine surfaces beneath combat teams, displaying extensive damage consistent with entropic disintegrators

0655 – Combat teams attempt boarding operations against Fossegrimen submarine, confirm the surfacing of two additional screening submarines in close proximity

0700 – Eryx 1 delivers divers from onboard CRU to conduct boarding operations against Second submarine

0703 – Eryx 2 sustains damage from Valkyrie drones, crashes into third screening sub.

0710 – Limpet charges affix and detonated to second submarine, screening submarine three launches airburst nuclear warhead downing Eryx 1

0725 – Second flight of Hellawes fighters launched from PEN RHIOYDD

0740 – Team on Fossegrimen 1 successfully gains entry to the ship, meets heavy resistance and forced to pull back, detonating a limpet mine on their escape

0755 – Gulltoppr emergency surfaces, launching an additional flight of drone fighters

0800 – Gulltoppr launches final wave of nuclear warheads

0804 – Teams in the water board Gulltoppr’s hull, report coordinates toward AIRCOM PEN RHIOYDD

0806 – Combat teams meet heavy resistance on hull from enemy sailors and marines, order “hammer down contingency on their location.”

0807 – “Hammer down” order passed from PEN RHIOYDD to GLATISANT

0810 – GLATISANT confirms use of hammer down protocol

0811 – Sahendaruman Fortress confirms firing solution from GLATISANT, fires superheavy artillery

0813 – Rounds impact Gulltoppr on combat team’s location, Gulltoppr initiates another crash dive.

0820 – Warheads strike Pen Rhioydd, nanodome shield suffers another partial collapse

0833 – Hellawes arrive on site, claiming aerial victories against Valkyrie drones.

0835 – Hellawes release bombload, multiple large explosions confirmed alongside secondary explosions and iron oxide plume.

0836 – Hydroacoustic drones confirm sound signature of ship hullbreak

0838 – Hellawes 4 shot down by drone, remainder of squadron returns to base.

1000 – Combat teams dispatched to shoreline to conduct battle damage assessment

1045 – After searching, combat teams report evidence of biological debris as well as ship flotsam

1. Issues Affecting

Pen Rhioydd partially leveled, will require substantial engineering before reaching full operational capability. Marine mammal populations severely disrupted, may be source of conflict with remaining natives who rely on whaling for subsistence.

Additionally, sinking of Gulltoppr yet unconfirmed, will need to dispatch dive teams in the near future to get positive visual on wreckage. May put divers in conflict with Veles patrols. Regardless, strategic bombing of Mahonisgard shipyard has denied the enemy ability to repair or replace loses.

Unknown if Veles clade forces were harmed in the usage of improvised depth charges using starship-rated concussion bombs.

1. Success Stories:

First successful instance of utilizing Bosena Accords chain of command for fire support requests as a semi-independent clan. Additionally, strategy of deploying explosive-laden divers from logistics dropships onto enemy vessels generated an impressive kill ratio.

1. Lessons Learned:

Nanodome technology remains strong first line of defense but unreliable under sustained bombardment. Hellawes units combat effectiveness severely hampered once defensive armament is stripped for a higher bombload.

moshed-07-29-13-43-27
Attachment 1: Fossegrimen 1 Screening Submarine Foundered From Limpet Mine

5 Likes

SVAROG CLADE OFFERS COMMENDATION TO SKARKON OBLAST AUTOCHTHON AYDA ABECASSIS FOR AMASSING MOST SUCCESSFUL VICTORY RATIO IN ARENA COMBAT FOR PREVIOUS MONTH WITHIN SVAROG CLADE PROVING COMPLEX. OFFERS GRANTED TO JOIN SVAROG CLADEFLOW BUT DEFERRED TO ACCOMMODATE LINE OF PRISONER CUSTODY WITH VARYAZI CLADE STRATEGIC NARODNYA.

3 Likes

Word on the streets of Navyi Akat is that the Raavi Parakol (a local militia which has dominated the troubled Minuka Quarter since the anti-Assembly violence of YC 121 and has alleged links to the notorious Minuka Buffaloes) appear to be noticeably better equipped than was the case before the recent deployment of Federal Marines to Intaki Prime and the subsequent capture of CEMWPA control by State Protectorate forces.

Rumour has it that the Ravi Parakol are assuring residents of Minuka and some neighbouring quarters that they can rely on militia-controlled ‘infrastructure and services’ regardless of the ongoing tension between Federal and State aligned forces. While posters bearing the slogan Intakitun Shupaarab Parakol are reappearing across Navyi Akat, the stance of the Raavi Parakol and other affiliated YC 121 protest groups towards the Intaki Assembly remains ambiguous.

6 Likes

Nadire Security Consultants Director in Legal Battle with ‘Cormorants and Jackals’ founder - Cease and Desist issued.

Commonwealth Broadcasting Corporation – 4th August YC123/FC238 (State-broadcaster for the Northern Colonial Commonwealth)

A spokesman for the Nadire Security Consultants confirm that a Cease and Desist letter has been issued to the controversial ‘Cormorants and Jackals’ founder and proprietor Julian Flavours through the Viriette District Court. Brought by Claire Menkalinan, Legal Representative for the Chatalain Auxiliary Response corporation, on behalf of Commander Edward Adams, the so-called ‘Cormorant’.

Commander Adams, who recently announced he had publicly accepted citizenship of the Commonwealth, made a brief statement himself to the CBC in which he denounced the ‘evil’ in associating him positively with the self-styled ‘Supreme Commander’ Sahara Jackal and resolved to take ‘whatever steps were necessary’ to put the record straight.

The threat of legal action is but the latest in a series of woes to affect the troubled organisation. On the 22nd July it was reported through a Luminaire news source that a raid was made against the ‘Cormorants Nest’ facility, undertaken by law enforcement agencies. Numerous arrests were made and contraband seized.

We await further updates as they are made available by the Consultancy.

Others News

• Harvest Festival preparations begin across the Commonwealth territories as the agricultural sector reports bumper crop yields.

• Rumours of a new official investigation into ‘The Disappeared’, the collective name for border residents suspected to have been taken by slaving bands and Nation uplifting efforts, neither confirmed nor denied by District Office of Special Investigations.

• Goinard Traffic Control reporting increased levels of jump drive activations due to being utilised as a waystation by capsuleer logistics organisations in their extraction of assets from the Delve region.

11 Likes

For the Foundation Day Holidays, the media screens and holos in the Mehatoor System in the Devoid Region have been showing the following commercial:

The commercial shows “Loona the Loon” an animated mascot with cute goggles and aviator’s cap with ear flaps. A voice over in a bright and perky feminine voice is imploring “Help Loona the Loon come home! Please sponsor and donate to the Foundation Day Holiday’s Fundraising Marathon for the environmental clean-up of the marshes around the Mehatoor IV space elevator!” Numbers and Routing information for donations is then supplied. A male voice over concludes “Sponsored by Khimi Harar, Mehatoor Tourism Authority, Shelly’s by the Dock Bar, and Sister Noh’s Home for Women and Children.”

3 Likes

PRESS RELEASE - FOR IMMEDIATE PUBLICATION

7 August, YC123

Louboutin Red, counsel for ‘Cormorants and Jackals’ founder Julian Flavours, today released a statement concerning the threatened litigation from Commander Edward Adams of Nadire Security Consultants.

“Earlier this week, my client became the unfortunate target of an intimidation campaign intended to prevent him from exercising his right to free expression guaranteed by our Federal Constitution. Today we sent our reply to these spurious allegations. It’s unfortunate that Commander Adams feels his elevated social position entitles him to trample all over the rights of his fellow citizens. It is beyond disappointing that someone who holds himself out so publicly as a champion of Gallente ideals falls so short when it comes to honoring them. Needless to say, if he insists on pursuing these spurious claims in court, my client will spare no effort in defending both himself and the principles of free speech.”

9 Likes

INTAKI SYSTEM, Placid Region - Contested Sovereignty

Tokk’l ‘Greyhood’ Chantreve stood in a non-descript hallway on a space station orbiting Intaki V. He detached one end of a thin data cord from the encryption interface, and the other end from his top neck socket. A small green light on the wall panel indicated he had passed the security authentication, as the door slid open in front of him. Sauntering into a cramped little office, he was immediately confronted with a small balding man at a plasteel desk half buried under opened report cannisters, holopads, and other administrative paraphernalia.

His chemoreceptor hardware told Tokk’l that the high concentration of metabolite in the air could only have come from unhealthy levels of stimulant use. He tried to gauge how long the man had been awake. Given the multiple extensions to the franchise negotiations, likely a week. Tokk’l cleared his throat when it became apparent his entrance hadn’t been noticed.

“Oh!”, exclaimed the diminutive data analyst, head snapping up from the holopad he was studying. Occular implants stared out at the capsuleer. “Umm … yes, Mr. Grey”, he muttered, his tattooed eyebrows doing little to humanize the dark gleaming depths of the metal-rimmed enhancements. Lifting a sweaty hand, he motioned to an unoccupied chair.

When his guest didn’t budge, the man at the desk nervously gazed back to his pad and continued to address Tokk’l as he hurriedly tapped away at his pad.

“I’m sure you understand full well that even hyperspace fluid routers can be tapped, it’s our encryption that’s the problem, you see…”, the analyst trailed off, his awareness seeming to catch up to his words. “Well, you know. These archaic methods of physical delivery are sometimes warranted. That’s what I mean.”

Tokk’l handed over a small secure cannister which the analyst received delicately with two hands. The man licked his lips as the biometric seal cracked open on contact. He risked a quick glance at the stoic figure towering over him, as he cradled the can in his lap.

“Anyways, I’m sure you realize how critical your delivery is to this little process”, he explained, motioning vaguely to the mountains of reports. “Can’t have too much data to support our position, especially at this critical phase –”. Tokk’l interrupted him with a long sigh, frowning in displeasure.

“Oh yes”, peeped the analyst, jolting to attention, “the payment! Of course… of course.” He tapped some more at the pad, looking back up to the tall capsuleer.

Somewhere in the station datanet, a transaction was issued, and through a myriad of communications relays and encoded protocols, Tokk’l registered the notification in his neural node. He nodded a confirmation and turned on a heel to leave.

“I’m sure we’ll reach an agreement soon”, the dataman chirped as Tokk’l walked away. “These last revenue projections from our competitors’ bids should clinch it for the ISP.”

Tokk’l paused momentarily. “Good”, he uttered as the door slid closed behind him.

7 Likes

A children’s rhyme, overheard in the lower quarters of Nakri Navy Station
“Lady Nadezhda, stalking through the streets
Lady Nadezhda, judging all she meets
Will she be your doom or your saviour?
Better say your prayers to Lady Nadezdha!”

4 Likes

A news article taken from Nadire Cyber Security Times

Cyber Attacks across Nadire

Jean Du Pont • YC123.08.18

Reports from last night have suggested that there were several attempts made to compromise the Nadire Security Consultant’s (NADSC) security database. It is believed that that no data was stolen but some Galnet sites that have API links with the corporation have been reporting inaccurate information. zKillboard, a well know site among capsuleers has been displaying kill mails featuring both Commander Adams the director of NADSC and Sahara Jackal, an infamous capsuleer who now leads the Stribog Clade in Pochven.

Both have a long history of being members of opposing organisations exchanging hostilities on and off the battlefield. But this is not the first time the two have been featured together. In recent months an upstart corporation called Cormorants and Jackals stylised the two as a romantic couple. The so called Fan club received an large amount of media attention, mostly negative and was subsequently shutdown by law enforcement. Rumours have begun to spread across the system that this attack and previous attempts to defame the Commander may be related. We reached out for a comment from the Commander but have thus far not heard back from him.

It does beg a number of questions; How many other sites could of been affected? How many historic capsuleer kill mails could of been spoofed? And are we at risk of more attacks in the future?

We will keep you up to date with this on going story.

8 Likes

Main Article, Placid Tribune, 18.08.YC123

Pegeler District Memberstates Divides as Eugales Controversy Continues
Eugales - Over the past several months, tensions have run high over the system of Eugales, with investigations occurring from Federal Intelligence Office, CONCORD’s CDIA and and active incursions by CONCORD DERAIL and Lai Dai Protection Service, the noted Unorganized System has become a point of focus in the district by several large parties with extensive resources foreign and domestic.

Additional controversy has since arisen with the resumed drilling of Planet V - Moon 1(colloquially known as Umai), which has recently led to the supposed destruction of an advanced surface base belonging to LDPS. While not loss of life seems to have been incurred, critical response from LDPS has been to label the offending entity, Wolf Brothers INC, as irrational capsuleer terrorists.

When reached for comment, the current CEO of Wolf Brothers INC and somewhat noted foreign diplomat, Lauralite Anne Brezia stated that 'the loss of the base was regrettable, and, having given advanced notice that firing would commence, I am glad that LDPS heeded the warning to pull back material and personnel, preventing loss of life."

Furthering the controversial nature of the drill firing, it is claimed by Wolf Brothers INC, as well as some independent archaeological groups, that the surface of Umai is rife with archaeological ruins and sites bearing strong correlative resemblance to that of the Yan Jung, an extinct ancient empire that was once believed to have been spread across many systems now claimed by the Gallente Federation. Despite assurances that the extraction methods employed are largely stable and have a high rate of success, a number of archaeologists locally and abroad are decrying the activities as brash and needlessly destructive, with particular claims of context destruction being leveled by a small group of Scholars in Viriette from the Agoze branch of the University of Caille in Viriette. A recent failure in the drill module being used lead to the collapse of a small ruin that was supposed to be extracted during the same firing that destroyed the LDPS base, casting some doubts over the reliability of this method.

Ms. Brezia and associated capsuleer and baseline organizations when asked if they would discontinue archaeological extraction ops said that they(wolf brothers INC) have no intentions of ceasing operations, and would be far more dilligent in ensuring a similar failure does not occur, and has asked that any concerned archaeological institutions that wish to come and observe, do so.

As the situation has continued to develop, the memberstates across the Pegeler district have grown increasingly disgruntled, as many sponsored and independent colonies in the system of Eugales have begun to take sides as pressure mounts. A small group of independent colonies between Eugales II and Eugales IV have declared open support toward the likes of CONCORD DERAIL in operations across system, where as many colonies sponsored by memberstates from surrounding systems have, surprisingly, declared support to the likes of Wolf Brothers INC and the UNF. Most notable of these sponsored colonies, the floating city of Argallant in the dense atmosphere of Eugales V was sponsored by one of the memberstates in the system of Renarelle, and has declared itself in favor of the UNF, the city and colonial governor stating on the 10th of the month that, “We’ve been here for decades, working and toiling and providing portions of our exports back to the memberstate that spawned us… and… for what? We’ve often been left to fend for ourselves, both throughout the militia conflict, and against marauding pirates. That is until recently. Why do we continue to support a memberstate that doesn’t care for our well being and just our output of rare gases?” The Placid Tribune has received reports that ‘Self-Defense Forces’ from the Federated Republics of Renarelle V were dispatched to Argallant to supposedly keep the peace, but were turned back after a brief standoff against Augmented Fightercraft patrols(seemingly provided as defensive forces by the localized UNF presence) in the atmosphere of Eugales V. It is unclear if the purported Self-Defense Forces had orders to quell a potential independence push, or to actually defend the floating colony.

the situation remains tense, and District authorities may be requires to get involved in the near future if things begin to deteriorate.

Placid Tribube Independent Correspondents Article

Jean Dupont • 19.08.YC123

Controversy Over 51st Pegeler Olympics
Aubenall - Aubenall IV has come under renewed fire in recent months as the 51st Pegeler Olympics draws near. The point of contention is in their choice of experimental sports in the Olympics.

For over 200 years the planets of Pegeler have taken it in turns to stage The Pegeler Olympics, playing host to the pinnacle of human athleticism. With the addition of the augmented categories, it also an event to showcases the technological genius of engineers with the ability to push the boundary of flesh and machine. Each Olympics, the host planet is allowed to introduce several experiment sports to trial. If popular, it will be allowed to be brought back and establish within the core events. Aubenall IV known locally as Bayeux has been given permission by the committee to introduce Winktiddlies to the list of sports. It will have three categories of Junior and Senior Natural and a single category for Augmented.

Winktiddlies is a tradition sport dating back to the early formation of the Federation and has largely been considered a children’s game. But down on Bayeux the events surrounding the sport can become extremely competitive. Rivalries from the smallest town to nations with government initiatives. The sport can be played solo against a single opponent or as team of five. The object is to flick a disc no larger than your thumb called “Froggers” with another token called "Tiddles” into a cup at varying distances. You score points but either successfully flicking a frogger into the cup or landing a frogger on an opponent’s Tiddle. It’s been reported that the Augmented category could have distances of up to a few hundred metres away, with the token weighting roughly ten kilograms each.

The controversy has arisen due to many other planets not even hearing of the game until the confirmation has gone through that it would in the games. Statements made by athletic boards from other memberstates have stated that “It’s just another means for Aubenall to win something. They shouldn’t even be hosting!” While the outcry has been vocal, some have welcomed the sport as “Something different” and “An unusual sport but it’s good that Bayeux has something tobe proud of”

The Games will commence mid-way next year with full coverage planned to be broadcast across multiple media outlets across the district.

Cross Regional Column

• Placid Trade Journal Reports 816b Isk Traded Last Month
  • An anonymous but credible source has leaked that noted ALXVP capsuleer Ché Biko may be reconsidering his involvement with I-RED’s Syndicate Stability Initiative II/Operation Grey Steel
  • Cultural delegates from Intaki Prime’s Navyi Akat Idic Council tour under construction Idic sites in Utpattia’s Navyi Shuru
  • I-RED expresses concern for safety of EZA-FM Station Cooperative official following Intaki Space Police thwarting of assassination plot
  • I-RED and Syndicate allies note increased sightings and encounters with Serpentis capital forces
  • CONCORD DERAIL forces reportedly ‘menacing unaffiliated colonies in Eugales without warrant or cause’
  • Arrests continue in Eugales
  • multiple independent and sponsored Colonial Defense Forces reportedly being supplemented by forces affiliated with the United Neopian Federation to ‘defend against possible incursions by LDPS’
  • Unified Principality of Archavoinet doubles down on support of its chosen franchise holders and System of Interest claim enforcers.
  • Moclinamaud Memberstates band together to resume denouncement of UNF aligned organizations enforcement of Unified Principality of Archavoinet’s System of Interest Claim on Eugales, backing from Memberstates in Frarie reportedly ‘on the table’.
  • BREAKING: ATTEMPTED BOMBING OF EUGALES VI ORBITAL YARD THWARTED BY ARCOLOGY SECURITY OPERATIONS, SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY

Triglavian Interest Column

• singular kikimora seen to be frequenting the region, presumed lost and/or dysfunctional
  • Continued evidence of diplomatic contact between Empires, CONCORD, and EDENCOM with the Triglavian Collective continues to surface, normalization of relations on the horizon?
6 Likes

Article in the Pegeler Inquirer 26.08.YC123

Denouncements of System of Interest Claim Continue, Official Legal Complaint Lodged in District Court
Renarelle - As tensions continue to rise over the Unorganized system of Eugales, the Federated Republics of Renarelle V has opened a lawsuit against the Unified Principality of Archavoinet and its enforcing franchise holders in the District Court of Pegeler, disputing the System of Interest claim over Eugales as well as citing grievances ranging from interference in sponsored colonial administration to illegitimate terms of enforcement and force deployment, among others.

Under normal circumstance, such grievances would take months to be processed and heard by the District Court, but the elevated focus and tensions surrounding the system of Eugales by multiple memberstates as well as foreign entities has lead to an almost unprecedented expedited initial case hearing being scheduled in the next few weeks.

Complicating the lawsuit, particularly the grievance over ‘Interference in Sponsored Colonial Administrations’ is that the colony cited in documents pertaining to the specific grievance, a floating city and rare gas refinery named Argallant on Eugales V, has openly denounced its previously sponsoring memberstate, the colonial governor and administration of the city placing a countersuit for independent colony status against the FRoRV, citing gross negligence in defense and support of the colony over several years.

Memberstate administrations in the systems of Moclinamaud and Frarie were quick to support the declared lawsuit from Renarelle, citing their own grievances, but it is unclear if they will be directly joining in the proceedings down the line, or filing their own claims.

2 Likes

Dam-Torsad, Amarr Prime

There have been rumors of increased traffic by high-level capsuleers from certain loyalist organizations at the Excubitoris Chapter House - Oris, even after the conclusion of the Foundation Day special events.

4 Likes