Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

4th January YC124

The One&Only Show

The One&Only Show logo graphic flashes across the screen as various scenes of presenters and past broadcasts are shown in a montage as joyful music is played. The camera begins pointing at the stage lighting and then begins to pan down showing a man in his late 30s with dreadlocks and younger woman with bright blue hair. Both are sitting on one of two sofas on the set.

Nina Brown - Hello and welcome to the One and Only Show, live on Galnet and all other FTL broadcasts across the cluster with Nina Brown and Brett Glory.

Brett Glory - As we lead into the new year of YC124 we bring you a cute little story about a dog befriending baby fedos, scientists will tell us how snow falls in space and the latest capsuleer gossip with Thorpe Towers.

NB - Before all that, our first guest has been causing quite the stir among the capsuleer community. He has won multiply accolades, most self-appointed and has amassed a major following that some would call a cult. He’s with us tonight to talk about his new show. Please put your hands together for Julian Flavours.

The screen behind the two presenters displays a poster of the the tv show, while Julian Flavours strolls in wearing a fluorescent green and purple suit with flashing neon trim. He takes a seat on the same sofa as the presenters, wrapping his arm around Brett.

Julian Flavours - Thank you, Brett, Nina, it’s lovely to be here. I must say, you both look simply ravishing tonight.

NB - Why thank you Mr. Flavo…

JF - Please call me Juls.

NB - Uhh, so Juls, tell us about your upcoming tv show, Doctor Spice is it? What’s it about? What inspired you to write, direct and star in it?

JF - Well, I’m glad you asked Ninny. I was laying by the fire, wearing nothing but my birthday suit. I had the finest Amarrian wine in hand and I was contemplating the space and all that’s held within her bosom. And it came to me, BAM! A completely original idea about a man travelling to through time and space in a DED box named the Love Shack. Armed with just his trusty Love Wand, he travels to distance and not distance universes to solves mysteries and cure broken hearts.

I plan on having this show run forever, and it would be terribly boring if it’s just the same crusty actor, moi, playing the Doctor all the time. So, Doctor Spice is a space lizard who sheds his skin every season. Mainly so he can hide his true identify but for off screen reason so I can carry on doing what I love.

BG - And to let other talent take the role, correct?

JF - Oh, and that too, of course! I’ve made sure to add some cameos in there too, so you might see some familiar faces. But I won’t spoil it for you, shall take a we look?

BG - (That was my line) Yes, lets take sneak peak of your new show, Doctor Spice.

The preview shows Julian dressed head to toe in tweed with an uncomfortable number of scarfs round his neck. He’s acting is subpar, with awkward dialog between the other actors. At one point a cameraman’s leg can be seen sheepishly sidestepping out of shot. Both presenters are gawking as it finishes, in contrast, Julian beams with pride.

JF – I know, I know. Speechless. I expect awards out the ears for this. Maybe even a cross over with SUPER ■■■■POSTING SIBLINGS!

BG – I… Uhh

NB – Thank you? That was something. So, moving on…

The show continues at its usual pace with Julian making comments on everything.

12 Likes