Rumors! Gossip! Tabloids!

“‘… there have not been any incidents giving cause to suspect the base being used by outside forces for smuggling of arms to internal markets’…?”
“Yes?”
In the context of the above screening, there have not been any incidents giving cause to suspect the base being used by outside forces for smuggling of arms to internal markets.”
“Yes…?”
“That’s a pretty weak statement.”
“One has a reputation to uphold.”

[08:14]
If someone’s using corporation office stations or other ways associated to us for moving anything that might even slightly bend local laws inside tribal space, I strongly recommend going to ground for a bit. We are going to have eyes on us.

To my knowledge On the Way Home is clean and so it does not matter if eyes fix on it. If I am mistaken on this you need to tell me now, or I might accidentally blow your cover.

“This is a terrible idea.”
“Stay still, I can’t get your braids straight if you twitch all the time.”
“Well you should not try and do them yourself then! But listen, you really cannot put me in a reception hall with the godsbedamned Sanmatar on the heartlands coast! His security will have a heart attack and shoot me or worse.”
“Why would they?”
“The Gultratren Cons…”
“Never existed. We have a very clear deal on that.”
“…”
“Is there something you’re not telling us? Are you clear or are you not clear?”
“I am entirely respectable and above-board, how many times…”
“Then you put on your loyalist capsuleer colors and your soldiery braids and you stand there under the clan banners with your son the Young Chief and bow at the right times and smile prettily and keep your mouth shut while the adults talk. Because this is our city, and we remain loyal.”
“…”
“And if some other idiot here does have an active assassination plan, at least we can show where you were, at the time.”

[ 2023.05.27 05:41:28 ] A > Also is there any specific ROE or policy regarding individual pilots joining the militia?
[ 2023.05.27 05:41:51 ] B > As long as it is the Minmatar Militia, no.
[ 2023.05.27 05:42:24 ] A > chuckles and here I was thinking of looking at the Caldari.
[ 2023.05.27 05:44:06 ] B smiles crookedly > Sorry to disappoint.
[ 2023.05.27 05:55:19 ] A > and besides the spacebound developments, hows everything? Clan doing well? I saw that the Sanmatar is visiting Mikramurka, is Sundsele preparing for his visit?
[ 2023.05.27 05:56:51 ] B > Yea, the city’s a mess.
[ 2023.05.27 05:58:42 ] A > I suppose Republic Security has come and instantly started butting heads with local security?
[ 2023.05.27 05:59:15 ] B > Yea… but no more than can be expected, I guess. Which is good. What with the weapon smuggling news, the visit to Sundsele, there’s going to be some demonstrations, and if something goes wrong there or the security gets triggerhappy… it could get ugly. Amo riots ugly.
[ 2023.05.27 06:35:15 ] A > Spirits I need to make money. Sitting at just about 20m ISK, pretty sure that doesn’t put you in any competent ship.
[ 2023.05.27 06:40:23 ] B > Use corporation money. Pay back when you can, if you insist.
[ 2023.05.27 06:41:07 ] A > Grumbles I might just have to.
[ 2023.05.27 06:51:41 ] B > There’s no shame in using shared tools.

4 Likes