Secret Santa 2019

Confirmed receive of the weirdest basket of stuff lol. Munoi hasn’t accepted the contract yet, I’ll make sure it stays up for him.

3 Likes

ok

will do when I am home from work, just got up a few minutes ago

Edit: Received the gift

1 Like

Well I might not be the best person to give PvE or Abyssal gifts but here we go not knowing your skills @grimaxemorpher and I hope you enjoy. Went for extra fitting space to compensate for skills. Also included a passive and active deadspace EM Ward for those cases you need it. Gila is flying your way. Do you know Abyssals? I don’t so incase you do not, here are a few quick reference guides for you ( Abyssal Deadspace General Infograph and Abyssal NPC doc ). Enjoy the a great Christmas.

For Christmas this year Santa and in the spirit of the season, I would like a ship to carry Fedo’s around as it is important in Iceland and in keeping with the traditions. Looking for to the creative nature of Santa and his Elves.

EDIT: Received the Fedo Hauler with so much room for fun. Thank you rhjaguihuilagilHRIEUGHA and happy anniversary

3 Likes

Fedo ship is on the way to you
I am also one of those that participated last year and got Nothing :frowning:
Contract up @Mazzerri_Aurilen

I want a Golem

2 Likes

Probably because spelling your name for a contract was a bit of a nightmare. :wink:

2 Likes

You already got a gila, why are you asking for a second one now?

How dare you sir! That is why people hate Secret Santa. I have a new ratard to hunt. I tried to help, I wanted to be your friend but NOOOOOOO… There are no double askies.

P.S. Alts like the name we cannot spell is why people do not go along with this either

Lol wow thx for that stuff :slight_smile:

If you have issues spelling a Name, you can copy paste the character names from the post into the contract field, this is what I did.

@Mazzerri_Aurilen I am in Game since 2009

2 Likes

There is no Limit how many times you can Play. As long as you send a serious meant gift to the above poster it is fine. But use some common sense. It is hard to verify if someone already participated when the thread has a lot of Posts in it(The thread last year had almost 300 Posts and I predicted at the beginning that this one will have 500-800 at the end).

As a hint: If you have issues spelling a Name, you can select the Name from the character that posted, copy to clipboard and paste it in the contract window to make it easy to find the character you have to send a gift. Names that are hard to spell are no reason for not sending a gift.

next gift goes to @grimaxemorpher

1 Like

I am sure I can send you a Gila or so, but the fit you asking is WAYYY out of my price range.

Looking for something unexpected, something great for hi end DED sites

I wish you all merry Xmas

Edit: received @CanWePleaseBeFckingProf_essional

1 Like

Edit: Contract accepted

Couldn’t get you a gila, but I hope this is close enough

I’d like some coal for christmas, or if you’re feeling generous maybe give @rhjaguilhuilagilHRIEUGHA a proper present

1 Like

You got two gifts, while @Nepsy and @Kmescic_Irogulasin are both expecting a gift. I suggest returning the gift to Nepsy. And then @Kmescic_Irogulasin will be next to receive a gift.

I’ll delete this post once the confusion has been resolved.

No, it’s fine I don’t need it back. It’s just really frustrating that two people who gave out decent gifts probably got literal garbage in return, a bunch of probably garbage abyssal mods and a BPC with the cheapest skin and T1 ammo.

It’s not against the rules to exploit the secret santa like this, but I just wanted someone to at least try to give something nice to those two. I’d hate for them to not participate in next year’s secret santa because of this. Last year, someone gave me a singular lump of coal and expected a kronos, and this year it’s a little better but we still have plenty of people who are obviously trying to exploit the hell out of others.

Also next in line is @Kmescic_Irogulasin

2 Likes

Yeah, when people don’t pay attention and just jump in and start giving gifts without checking the thread first is how it gets messed up and off track…

Also I agree with @Nepsy, it’s definitely not in the spirit of the season and feels more like exploiting the system to offload something cheap in exchange for an expensive item. That only creates hard feelings with those who get a crappy gift after giving a great gift…

Didn’t see anything in the rules about not being able to give out multiple gifts. Hell, multiple times I gave out very expensive gifts just to help get the thread back on track, never occurred to me that I should have included a Secret Santa wish gift each time as well.

:neutral_face:

EDIT:
@Nepsy

I couldn’t find you any Coal so I got you the next best thing, a Lump Of Carbon is occasionally given to naughty children in lieu of a gift during the end of year holidays. Perhaps you have been a naughty capsuleer?

Anyway, here it is along with some Stocking Stuffers. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

Confirmed - gift contract accepted:

@Kmescic_Irogulasin is next on the Secret Santa gift list.

2 Likes

:man_facepalming: I’ve heard some pretty horrible things about last year’s secret Santa, but this one is probably near the top of the list.

Keeping this thread on track has been somewhat challenging at times, and kudos to @DeMichael_Crimson for figuring out an earlier mix up (where some people actually deleted their posts, making it even harder to follow the chain).

I wonder, for next year- should there be some guidelines in terms of price, maybe a minimum value? I feel like some people need it spelled out.

2 Likes

Just stopping by to say how good the community is here in my short time. I only started 6 days ago but have already been convinced to upgrade Omega from all the tips/support from the community. I don’t think I will be able to contribute to this but I will keep an eye out for next years!

2 Likes

Uh-oh, @Solimus_Aurilen has been in the cooking sherry again… :wink:

I made a Christmas donation to Operation Magic School Bus , a worthy eve cause.

I would like any tech1 Amarr ship from a newer player seized by the EvEChristmas Spirit™

@Kmescic_Irogulasin - Fits are somewhat subjective, eh? I only know the pretty bland, unexiting, and expected but useful pve hamtengu fit for higher DED. Not very interesting as I’m not one of those creative eve players.

2 Likes

So does that mean Xuxe bought for Kmescis?

I will wait for confirmation, been wanting to get in this year even though I got hosed last year(different character than)

1 Like

@CinnamonStix - No, I did not.

@Complex_Math - I know. I screenshotted the two previous gifts I’ve given in this thread. Thanks for the reminder, but I didn’t forget.

No, imo. Might price some people out of possible participation. Everybody should be able to give something regardless of their wallet pixels (something I was trying to encourage with my previous post)

1 Like

Actually I think it’s a good idea, would be more fair and help remove bad feelings due to receiving a low cost gift after giving out a high cost gift. Could set up a couple of different list’s, something like an ‘A’ list starting at 1 bill isk, a ‘B’ list starting at 500 mill ISK and a ‘C’ list starting at 100 mill ISK.

2 Likes