In a pilot’s career, there will arise a specific ship that he/she has the most experience in. From this immense time and effort, this one ship can acquire sentience unique to itself and its pilot.
Mechanic : a persistent , dynamic buff/debuff when piloting a specific ship
- limit of 1 self evolving ship per pilot
- ship picks its own name
- evolution only occur in space, not docked
- bonuses active only when you are in this one specific ship
- repacking/trading/destroying the ship will cause the ship sentience to begin decaying.
- this entity will rapidly decay in above conditions, until matching replacement ship hull is found. Or it is permanently lost.
- the entity will arise ONLY with the ship with the most flight time spent with the pilot (min 100 hrs)
- it will require specific “food” , items to consume periodically.
- destroying this ship guarantees 100% item drop
- random addition of permanent effects (your ship could be permanently pink, or always carrying an interdiction phenomenon)
- growth may be gated by specific quest/achivement chains
- the entity may develop personality quirks as it grows, as extreme as needing to kill one player a day or benign as always carrying a chessboard in the cargo hold. Or else it refuse to work.
- the older it gets, the more quirks it gets . There is no limit.
- hourly cumulative bonuses
- true limitless growth (your +1 m3 cargohold bonus can stack 10,000 times over 10,000 hours -one year is 8000 hours-if you play that long everyday)
- beyond limit growth (damage that can heal your ship, etc. effects that become permanent)
- base ship attributes grow slightly and steadily through time in space
- specific attributes grow through count of module activation cycles (i.e. 9,000 mining module cycles lead to 1 m3 increase in ore hold, 10,000 hits on armor increases armor resist by 0.001% to that damage type, etc.,.)
- unique bonus unlocked through significant “life events” (i.e. first officer NPC kill, epic mission arc completion, etc.,.)
- spontaneous random role bonuses (your interceptor could become a mining prodigy, or your hauler could become superb at scanning anomalies)
- forced growth could happen by consuming other ship hulls, with a higher chance of personality quirks/bonus deduction each time.
Premium features :
- guided evolution : significantly increase evolution chance in one general direction
- directed evolution : lock in evolution in one direction
- directed devolution : reduce quirk effects