Thanks CCP for such unfair game

And go out of business six months later.

You can’t just place a disclaimer like that on what most of the market perceives to be a cooperative PvE spaceship role-playing game. The fundamental nature of EVE’s marketing needs to be changed so that it becomes visible to a specific demographic of players, just like hardcore PvP survival games are, for example, while at the same time being palatable enough for regular people to try who might not be into the hardcore survival experience yet, but potentially could be in the future after they develop a taste for it (i.e. a demographic’s natural replenishment).

2 Likes

6 Likes

You realize that’s from like 15 years ago, right?

I know. This is what it should be still is my point. It attracted the right people those on who this game can be built upon not whiners who want to change it to EVE Echoes and farmville.

7 Likes

It may be from 15 years ago, but nothing has changed. It’s still the same EVE, though they have dumbed it down a bit since then.

4 Likes

The problem is that the current generation of gamers want EVE to be a no-risk, minimal effort, Candy Crush space sim, which EVE has never been and never will be…

6 Likes

It might be the same EVE, but the gaming market has changed significantly. Gaming’s gone mainstream, and is now full of casual players who own computers, but are used to playing freemium pay-to-win clickers on their cellphones. Incorrectly marketing EVE will draw these people to the game (which once again might actually be the intent) and cause a lot of friction, because they aren’t here to lose their god-damn spaceships, but to see the number on top of their screen go up.

5 Likes

Indeed, CCP misrepresenting EVE (intentionally or not, I will be realistic and say it is deliberate) they attract the wrong people who rightfully get upset when the game is not what it was advertised to be.

Either change the game (hopefully not but the signs are there since some time to slowly shift) or be honest. If they were honest maybe the numbers would be lower but more would stay as they get what they sign up for and probably would end in more loyal customers.

3 Likes

Back on the topic of Citadels, it would be nice if CCP would revert the anchoring system back to where it was years ago, when you needed to have high faction standings in order to place a POS tower in high sec. That would get rid of much of the Citadel spam. But then new players would whine about having to get and maintain faction standings.

1 Like

They already doubled the cost of structures to price “new” players out.

Ive already gone back to Orca + POS. With Orca conpression, structures are just targets now.

1 Like

Indeed. Compression was the only thing I was using my structure for. I’ve done the same and just gone with compression on the Porpoise and Orca.

1 Like

Now, give me a YardShip to build with and Ill never dock again

Edit: ok ok theres still refining but sure Refinery Barge pls?

1 Like

I do miss the old days of being able to off-grid boost in my Orca inside of my POS shield. Good times…

CCP didn’t do this. CCP merely created a sandbox. Players made the environment. It is players who figured out that if they form one big corp then there will be no or at least very little chance of losing. Which is natural as if you can lose and loss hurts then players will do anything that they can to avoid losing. And they often do it even in games where you don’t lose anything and where the loss is insignificant. Often just the fact that you didn’t win even if there is no benefit causes players to do this.

It is human nature. And you should have realized this from the very start that you won’t achieve anything in EVE yourself or with small group of friends. Eventually someone bigger comes and take away everything from you just because he can.

And if you weren’t up for this, you should have quit and play another game.

2 Likes

EvE

Stands for :

Everyone vs Everyone

While I regret your loss, doublecheck in the future what you sign up for, and don’t make promises you can’t defend.

2 Likes

Then why it sometimes feels like CCP vs Players?

I think they would gladly milk us why we fight with each other instead of fighting for better game. Thats what you can see commonly around the world right now. Its how it was always conducted. Antagonize and then you can rule them with ease. While united society is difficult to please, is a lot more powerfull and influential, to the point of endangering the status quo that profits only the ruling class.

Yea the changes to war decree and structures was another donkey punch to the balls that made me stop playing. It fuels the delusional shetbird subculture of losers who shoot structures in high sec as real pvpers or cool. They then added expensive loot cores and lowered the hps on structures to the point 5 battle ships can bash a structure in 30 mins or less. The reality is ccp are morons who allowed structures to be placed anywhere to fix their dumb choice. CCP are making structures easy loot filled targets for dimwitted pvpers in high sec who can brag they are elite pvp shetbirds with big kill mails…

Damn. And there I thought that I can be real PvPer when I stop ganking and join RIOT and bash structures. I was wrong. Also fake PvP.

Anyone knows what that elusive real PvP looks like?

Score so far:

Anti-PvP/Crying         Neutral         Pro-PvP
Posters            2                     3              10
Posts              2                    13              21

So basically the usual numbers. A few people per month get something valuable wrecked and ■■■■■ about it in forum, dozens of “real EVE” players jump on them to tell them to HTFU and GTFO.

But of course somehow these “hordes of screaming carebears force CCP to compromise their vision” and it’s their fault the game has reached the depths it has.

Hey @Shipwreck_Jones, do you think maybe it’s time for another mega thread posted on the evils of these nerf-bringing, game-wrecking, perma-greens?

Because, you know…
The hordes.
And the screaming.
And the forcing of CCP and stuff.

To get back on-topic, I’d like to ask the OP:

Why?

Why should a single player be able to deploy a large asset in space and operate it?

It’s hard to figure out what your actual complaint is from your OP, but it seems you think stations should not show up on Overview and that having them there is “snitching”? How would people use station services if they had to Dscan and probe and bookmark them all?

I’m fuzzy on the mechanics of station transfer, but I would assume you either didn’t unanchor it immediately, or you told some people what you were doing, or your friend did. It seems unlikely that 3 corps wardecced you the moment it transferred (unless they had advance warning).

At any rate, you lost a station, you can afford it, live and learn. Calling for all stations to be hidden from overview seems a bit of a stretch.

2 Likes