The end of CO2?

What are you thinking you will find. Surely this curiosity has a point.

My last two sentences answered that.

I asked because I don’t think it’s a genuine answer. I just gave it a quick look through. I didn’t find anything that stands out as having broken a rule on Twitch. Maybe someone said a racist word in the alliance chat and that scrolled by. That might be it. Dunno.

What you are really asking is “what do ‘wrong’ and ‘unfair’ mean?”.

What you are really asking is “what is ‘real’?”.

Unpossible! You were just following orders.

You are a mean and ruthless space person . . . by choice. You choose differently in real life because . . . ?

This “game” is ultimately just a kind of place. What you are arguing is that, here, good and bad don’t exist, but also that you are “allowed” to BE bad. That’s incoherent.

No one is saying that pod killing is murder or stealing is stealing or farming Gurista anomalies is cruelty to animals. I think it is YOU who needs some fresh air.

Are you this dumb in every thread?

1 Like

Gigx was a fool for allowing himself to be trolled into anger.

Understandable, but foolish.

He should have realized how high the stakes are as such an experienced player with such responsibilities, and that anything and everything would be used against him.

NEVER show your enemies weakness, reveal that they have hurt you, or do what they want you to.

The betrayal was bad enough, but beheading the organisation was the real killing blow.

His own reaction made the result exponentially worse.

I could have advised him that for free.

1 Like

You could follow his “reasoning” even further. What about ganks or any not consensual form of PvP? Once you are using comms in any of these situations, you are “conspiring” to relieve someone of his in-game assets out of game. I don’t see any reason why this should be much different from any of the other things you listed.
And think about the potential psychological harm…

More seriously:

This is interesting (although only losely relevant, because other game, other time and ruled in the Netherlands):
https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/comments/3ca2xp/random_fact_of_the_day_stealing_items_in_game/

Especially this part:

Which is basically the same argument you were making.

1 Like

Coming up next entire sports teams arrested for conspiring to steal the ball from the opposing team…

What has this world come to.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Answering to the initial question - is it the end of CO2?

Definitely yes. There are two reasons

1. GigX made everything to harden CCP’ statement, that the ban decision is final. He even couldn’t to say something like - "I didn’t threated The Judge. I asked for his address, because I wanted to say him in person - "why did you screw all the alliance line members? ". He could say anything to explain his words, that they weren’t a real intention of hurting anyone. He could also apologize The Judge and the community for his words. He didn’t. His silence confirmed that the ban decision was right. So now is too late to say “I was misunderstood one week ago”. :crying_cat_face: These factors actually closed the CCP way to reconsidering the situation.

2. Co2 was an alliance driven by a single person. GigX is banned and no one wants/ is able to take his position. The whole hope that CO2 has any future is based on the trust that GigX will be unbanned soon. See pint 1.

1 Like

If a player “flipped” and gave the ball to the opposing team, he would probably be ejected from the game, banned for life from the league, shamed in public, possibly sued for damaging the image of whatever league he was playing in, and that’s assuming he made it out of the stadium alive.

Come to your senses, man.

1 Like

Yes I am saying that I basically role play a different person than who I am in real life to my friends, family, and co-workers.

I think the significant difference is the threats of real life violence that forced a kid to log in and give over his stuff. That didn’t occur.

This is hardly some evil conspiracy where anyone in real life was going to be harmed or effected. The only persons well being that was threatened was The Judge.

1 Like

Exactly. “Conspiracy to legitimate game play” isn’t an issue, no matter the game play. And this is exactly how I understood the quote from the Runescape verdict and how I would expect to rule any court over similar issues.

That sounds like a much more interesting game of football than any I’ve ever seen.

What the judge did is what this game is all about. Don’t like it? WoW is still around and has millions of players as I understand.

When did we elect you spokesman for the EVE community? Maybe YOU should go play WoW since you clearly prefer fantasy to reality. If you start your client and have a look around, you might notice that EVE is primarily a game about internet spaceships.

If you want to roleplay as a scumbag, that is your right to do. Don’t tell the rest of us that’s what we need to do or that that’s what the game is about. That’s what YOU are about.

Just as CCP enables you to play a scoundrel, so too do they enable others to play as decent human beings. If you don’t like or can’t accept that, please consider contracting me any in-game assets you no longer have need of and send the Litch King my regards. o7

4 Likes

This is the CO2 who betrayed their coalition in the middle of a fight, handed over the list of super builds and ended up costing their allies of many years tens of trillions of ISK.

So in that light The Judge could be viewed as some sort of Claus von Stauffenberg character and the amount of money liberated from CO2 coffers as a form of token reparations for the damage they are responsible for.

2 Likes

haha yes

Whoaaa, I’m gonna have to ask you to calm down.

I’m afraid you’re not actually arguing with me, you’re arguing with CCP. You see, I didn’t come up with this whole “EVE is a fulltime pvp sandbox with theft and betrayal as a feature and if you don’t like it, HTFU or GTFO” idea, I got it from the game’s developers.

Maybe go watch the trailers again?

1 Like

yeah a spy in real life is you get sent back home because most spys are part of the embassy staff. OHHH SOOO SCARY