The end of CO2?

Blaming the victims is wrong.

3 Likes

No they didn’t.

That is time volunteered playing a game that is meant to be a hobby. This is a video game. Not some alternate reality that is even semi-real. Time spent playing this game is not a real investment with stakes that are at risk. There is no tangible benefit to playing this game other than the enjoyment we get. It’s a video game. It’s just as much of a waste of time as spending your time playing League of Legends or Guild Wars 2.

Choosing to believe that you are investing time and confidence in the person behind the screen is a joke. You need to separate fiction from reality.

You are choosing to spend $ on a game subscription. In this particular game things like this can happen. If you don’t like what can happen in the game, then stop paying for it.

You are only upset if you can’t detach this fictional game from reality. The reality is that you’re playing a game where it’s a golden rule to be very careful who you trust. Why? Because you can lose it all. Be a cry baby all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that you are literally playing a video game. You do realize this, right? You are not actually an immortal capsuleer. If this dose of reality is too harsh, I am more than happy to direct you to some professionals that can sort you out.

Gigx has no one to blame but himself. He trusted another eve player. Yes it’s as simple as that. His need to trust is what brought all of this on. There’s no shoddy game mechanics here. Just a bunch of cry babies. HTFU

3 Likes

You seem to have very strong feelings about a videogame. Why do you think it is important to claim that the time spent, money, trust and emotions are not real? Are you faking your emotion when you answer in such stern terms?

1 Like

And this player was not worthy of trusting him, that is, he was a traitorous bastard. :smirk:
Its like The Traitor still look bad, whatever we could say about Gigx.

1 Like

I am playing a video game, yes. I am passionate about it because I want to see the games central theme and reason it’s a cult hit not change because of some sobbing crybabies.

1 Like

The only person who acted bad in this affair is unpunished and unpunishable. To some people, that’s fine. But I differ. If an act is effectively unpunishable, then it haves no place in EVE Online.

Specially if he act is possible not by intended dessign, but by the shoddynes of improvised and poorly thought out mechanics.

2 Likes

But then you call people crybabies if they don’t want the game to suffer because treason is allowed by shoddy mechanics and is effectively unpunishable once perpretated.

There are no incentives to not treason 5,000 players and no safeguards to prevent treason against 5,000 players.

And yet treason is real, and it causes real suffer to real people. Is that what CCP strives to accomplish? Harm people who use their product?

2 Likes

Treason in EVE Online is not real, and stop comparing it to anything that happens in the real world. Find me a CCP rule that bars what Judge did. Find me an in-game rule from the Yulai Convention or something that discourages what Judge did.

What Judge did was perfectly acceptable and only made possible by gigx failing to properly safeguard his alliance. You fail to understand that, and that’s no one’s fault but yours.

3 Likes

You are being over dramatic. No real harm comes out of this, well except threats to real-life well being and such.

There are incentives to not steal or be a dishonorable player. It’s a personal choice for each player to place value on their in-game image.

There are safeguards to prevent this. Gigx failed his followers in so many ways.

1 Like

He’s starting to get it now.

2 Likes

Not as much CCP as jerks playing this game. Remember, best ship is friendship. And to hell with those who betray. :ccpguard:

1 Like

The phenomenon you seem to be referencing is “cruelty”. My working model of humans includes at least SOME cruelty in every individual. What varies is the level, the intensity of the cruelty impulse and the level of self-restraint.

No, the sociopaths are the ones hiding behind, “But CCP said I could . . .”.

Except when they are not experiencing grief over the things YOU think are worthy of experiencing grief over, and I’d imagine there are certain WAYS of expressing their grief that must be adhered to. There must be a certain regalness, a certain stoic dignity to their suffering in order for you to descend from your highness and bestow your blessed pity upon them. You are probably a great humanitarian. It’s just that these savages don’t know what to be upset over or how to be upset, and that’s why they should suffer.

^ cool story, bro.

I’m amused, mostly. I hope you are amused, by carebears or . . . whatever it is in game that amuses you. And if someone ever intentionally comes along and takes away your amusement, simply because it amuses them, I might not think of that person as “bad”, but I will certainly have sympathy for you. It’s just too bad that you and people like you won’t have sympathy for yourself. You and people like you will laugh at you and call you a carebear and probably rub it in and maybe even try to get you banned. And, on a certain level, wouldn’t that be amusing to watch?

The weak minded typically stay that way. Those that are predatorial or don’t suffer from a victim complex are people that might not even find themselves in a position to feel the same loss of another player.

If you spend $1000 on plex and Bought some fact pve ship and I stole it at you, it doesn’t make me some terrible person in real life. If makes you a fool for spending that much on a game and not protecting your ■■■■.

1 Like

When I took on the job and responsibility of being a defender of all of New Eden, I had no idea that I would have to battle with so many beta-male attitudes and heretics.

I think it’s time I reflect even more so on the teachings of our Savior, James 315.

2 Likes

Just so you know, alpha males don’t exist, and they never existed.

2 Likes

Thank you for that YouTube link. Can I link you some stuff Wikipedia?

I have 4 accounts with alpha males on them.

4 Likes

Nearly everyone have alpha accounts at this point. :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Alpha males don’t exist and they never existed. The author of the idea misinterpretated the dynamics of wolf packs in the 70s, but 20 years later and upon extensive genetical testing, it turned that the “alpha” couple it’s just dad and mom and the rest of the pack are their children.

Unfortunately, the concept of “alpha male” had overestretched its original meaning and became a cultural meme, and once it turned to be false, it just kept living on its own.

But as far as etology and science are concerned, “alpha males” are dead since 20 years ago, and they never existed.

1 Like