The Hunt for Komi Valentine is Over!

Do warpcore stabs matter in Highsec “PVP” ? <_<

Honestly, this kind of question should be enough to disqualify you from CSM because it shows how little you actually know of the game.

At the very least, nullsec blobs have the benefit of having an alliance filled with nerds who love to do spreadsheet calculations, so they’ve got actual data to back up their stuff. And here you are talking about highsec pvp but with quotes around “PVP”, suggesting you don’t even acknowledge it as ‘real’ pvp.

3 Likes

@Archer_en_Tilavine

500k for her not taking the CSM seriously. Plus the entertainment!

1 Like

I think you are probably harder to catch than an AFK mining barge. If you get caught it will probably be by some lone destroyer/cruiser/battlecruiser, probably at a gate. They will probably fit their mids with two scrams, a prop mod, and a sensor booster.

If somebody gets a warpin and can bring their fleet - yeah you are probably doomed because they will bring a ship with smartbombs for your pod. Against a dual-scram gank setup you have a decent chance of getting your pod out and you might be able to cram your lows with enough wcs to get away (lots of gankers only fit one scram).

1 Like

0.5m has been added to the pool :joy:

Were you missing a second ‘k’?

Sry, doing too many things at once. This should make for good PR though.

I will multiply your contribution by 1,000x then :wink:

Thank you kind sir. I’m going to have to send a alt over there. Read up more on her time zone, etc. But probably she’ll get popped by someone who doesn’t know the bounty exist!

Edit; I have to start flying some alts around posting this thd in locals. :wink:

No, my good man, it is you who are a beacon of hope in an otherwise bleak and dreary world! GOD SPEED o7

(I’m having a laugh right now… someone flagged one of my less amicable ‘critiques’ on Komi’s thread and ISD restored it :grin:)

2 Likes

This settles it. I’m voting for Komi strictly because she managed to rile up the anti-RP crowd as much as she has.

4 Likes

If she gets elected, can you imagine the drama?

1 Like

Wow Archer, this thread…

Gotta say I never expected this…

Definitely disillusioned…

2 Likes

If that happened, it would probably be the catalyst necessary for the EVE Community to demand that the CSM be disbanded. Having a role player with zero actual game knowledge acting as a representative of the players would signal that the CSM has finally outlived its usefulness.

1 Like

Welp, I’m already there.

Not looking to start an altercation but how do you know that player has no knowledge of the game?

1 Like

@DeMichael_Crimson Fear not, my friend, I am not sporting a pitchfork IRL. I’m having fun with this, as is my crew and several others on this thread and those who have sent me some EVEmails. Most of the feedback I’m getting is that “this is good player-generated content” and that there is plenty of light-hearted entertainment over the affair and excitement about the hunt (large bounty for relatively easy prey).

Really, this thread is less about Komi and more about demonstrating the need for RPers to adhere to a code of conduct in relation to RPing during CSM campaigns/while on CSM itself and preserving the integrity of CSM as a meritocracy as much as possible (see “moral of the story”). Komi is an extreme “27-sigma” example in which not only were her RP and lack of qualifications strictly incompatible with CSM, but her gratuitous RP had spilled outside the confines of the RP section of the forums even before she ran for CSM and the CSM campaign itself has been strictly an RP endeavor (contrary to statements that this is a serious effort with serious intentions).

I’ve already made explicitly clear I am not anti-RP (I’m actually very pro-RP), so really by making an example of Komi, my hope is that:

• Future RP-CSM campaigners will balance RP and OOC properly
  • Future CSM campaigners will run on merits and not on personality (RP and non-RP)
  • All RPers will confine the various components of RP to their right place and right time (eg. a lot of Komi’s RP was fine, but a lot of it was rather inappropriate, especially given the absence of OOC). RPers are welcome to RP outside of the RP section of the forums to the extent that they focused on the topic and do not allow the RP to detract from relevant discussion.

Failure to provide a platform on which to run or evidence of qualifications and running 100% on the basis of RP personality is completely inappropriate - this itself would disqualify even the most highly qualified individual if they deliberately refused after numerous explicit requests to enumerate in detail their qualifications and positions and run solely on RP personality (the RP character itself being an EVE toddler by any and all metrics). Furthermore, reading her thread and her various forum posts elsewhere in detail reveal a substantial deal of inexperience and naivete. The “Talking in Stations” live talk interview provided confirmation to the inexperience and naivete that was already heavily implied.

1 Like

Disagree. Every candidate has the right to run on their own merits, experience, tact skill or ‘angle’. As long as no CCP rules are broken then it is up to the voters themselves to decide who is the best candidate. I think it past due that RPers were properly represented on the council anyway.

I agree with your right to post this thread and it’s proposals, but vehemently dispute the candidate should be disallowed for any of the reasons you purport.

Let the voters decide.

Also, raising ‘integrity of the CSM’ as an issue?
Really?

2 Likes

I’m not suggesting the rules be changed! I also agree RPers should have an increase role in CSM - but given that CSM is and should continue to be 95% mechanics oriented, any RPer should be grounded in mechanics. To be blunt: EVE is a game, and RP is peripheral to the game and is not part of the game itself, which is what CSM concerns itself with. (Yes, RP is part of the EVE experience, but again not part of the game itself.) CSM should do more for RP, but not to the extent that it detracts from its intended purpose, especially since RPers comprise a very tiny sliver of the player population. And yes, if we want to see CSM be better than it is, we should concern ourselves more with its integrity than we do now. A lot of people think CSM is a joke… so… maybe we should start taking it seriously so it stops being a joke?

There are those who are fine with operating in a community in which players with zero qualifications or platform running solely on the basis of their RP or non-RP personality get elected, or players are expending 40% RP on non-RP threads - they are entitle to that. For everyone else who’d to set a higher standard, I have presented some community guidelines we can adopt as individuals to hold ourselves and each other to. The guidelines are neither unreasonable nor restrictive for either CSM candidates or RPers. If Komi presented qualifications and/or a platform, her RP would have been 100% fine, for example, per the above guidelines.

Not part of the game itself?
Truly?
I think you are wrongfully poking many groups with that comment.

Last I checked, there was only 1 CSM who self declared real-life creds.
We are all just playing avatars here…

https://fiction.eveonline.com/new-eden/lore

1 Like

I want to up my pledge. In addition to the 100mil, 500 plex for video of the podding (and a license to use the footage in my own youtube videos) if provided no later than May 28th. 250 plex if provided no later than June 4th.

Also, I expect you to prioritize securing the kill, but I’d appreciate if you could make it look as pretty as possible. Turn up your graphics settings if you can, adjust the zoom and fov, make your camera track the target, and so on.

3 Likes