The Hunt for Komi Valentine is Over!

Do not confuse lore with RP :upside_down_face:. (I’m VERY much into EVE lore btw.)

@Archer_en_Tilavine

Hey bro, can you please update your main post to mention my bounty for video of the podding when you get the chance.

@Shipwreck_Jones sure, 1 sec

Frarn is going to get crowded.

3 Likes

Yeah, I gotta agree with @Wanda_Fayne.

Eve Online was initially created and is still advertised by CCP as a mmorpg. At one time RP was a very big aspect of this game. In fact almost all CSM platforms are based on RP.

Anyway, I’m not going to waste my time dissecting and nit-picking your reply to prove the opposite of what you just stated, I saw what happened in Komi’s CSM thread…

Yeah…

2 Likes

LMAO (post must be longer than 5 characters)

Hey I asked a serious question with no malice intended and this is how you reply?

2 Likes

have you really read the ENTIRE csm thread? the fact that he/she whatever feels that they don’t have to express WHY they are running for CSM, except for beautification of the game, and not the game mechanics themselves, and that they will leave other matters to the “experts” she’ll be a waste of space on the CSM.

then of course there’s the whole blackmail concord into paying her 1bil isk before she would send a bug report about her profile being empty, to which she claims she can fix, but to this day still hasnt

1 Like

Have you even READ their CSM candidacy post?

Please show me where they point to ANY of their qualifications.

1 Like

I asked you a simple question, if you can’t answer it then fine.

And like most everybody here constantly loves to point out, the CSM have no power to effect changes in game mechanics or in game development which means all the promises made in their campaign platforms is just smoke and mirrors, a bunch of role play crap intended to get them elected.

1 Like

Since it has been referred to and not posted, it should be

https://community.eveonline.com/community/csm/

And yes there is already a code of conduct for CSM members.
I don’t see the “95% mechanics” mentioned. In fact mechanics is not even specifically mentioned…

Yeah, that all looks good on paper but in reality…

EDIT:

Actually the only thing that looks good is this:

Benefits for CSM members

While serving on the CSM, all members of the Council are eligible for free Omega status on up to five accounts. They are also eligible for free admission to any CCP run event such as EVE Fanfest, and digital rewards associated with them.

See, this is where you’re wrong.
Again. As usual.

The reliable CSM candidates understand that and don’t actually make promises to impact changes in the game. Instead, they bring their knowledge, experience, and deeper level understanding of the game so that CCP has a core group of people (who know what they’re talking about) to discuss potential changes.

CCP goes to the CSM and says, “hey, we’re gonna do X, what’ll that mean for you guys?” CSM will be able to say, “in our knowledge, that kind of change would result in Y and Z impacts.” And here is the data to back that up (collected by themselves, or maybe their alliance mates, or whatever).

Nothing that Komi has said expresses ANY minutia of knowledge or experience with the game. In fact, he’s EXPLICITLY avoided one of the core fundamental areas of the game (PvP). How is CCP going to trust the feedback of some kid who has gone out of their way to never engage with half of the game?

But again, you’re free to continue being confidently wrong.
Oh, and stop trying to white knight roleplayers, it’s gross.

2 Likes

Good god man, what a bunch of bullsh*t.

Almost all CSM campaign platforms post fake promises to represent everybody and push for better NPE, etc, etc. ad infinitum

It’s all just

1 Like

Can you point out the “fake promises” from former CSM candidates?

I’m not sure what fake promises individuals like Brisc, Vily, Mike, and others who have previous gotten elected made. I’m asking for specific proof here because you’re known to make false claims without any supporting evidence.

Oh right, just like how you won’t answer questions or provide proof to your outrageous claims.

Yeah, lmfao

@DeMichael_Crimson there no need to debate the issue with me (have fun with Scoots, though!). You have both reason and merit to have reservations on the grounds and execution of this call-to-arms (I’m not doing this without reservations of my own). Your word carries a lot of weight with me, so getting a rebuke from you will require some ice for that burn :sweat_smile: .

You are taking my “code of conduct” too literally. I did not mean “code of conduct” in terms of a written out policy enforced by CCP. I meant it more along the lines of informal but widely adopted behavioral norms established by the community analogous to “don’t chew with your mouth open” - a police officer isn’t going to write you a ticket for doing so in the same way that CCP shouldn’t legislate or enforce what I suggested.

I also don’t see anything about RP stated either. I do, however, see that everything is in reference to game development, whose context is unambiguously denoted as game mechanics supplemented by Lore, but not RP. Most CSM sessions don’t generate a lot of Lore because it is not a necessary premise for the mechanics to exist or change.

I don’t know why you’re opposing me (on this specific point) as if I am anti-RP. I am extremely pro-RP. I very much think CSM should do more for the RP community. I think there are ways the RP community could increase its visibility that CSM could look into, and that CCP could improve visibility on Lore and IGS both in-game and on website.

I’m just being realistic about CSM’s primary, almost exclusive role and what standards players must hold against themselves and against each other to if we’re going to see better CSM membership in the future. If an RP-advocate CSM candidate is to be elected, he must do so almost exclusively on mechanics qualifications, but once he is elected he can perform a great service to the RP community, which would be a wonderful thing.

(I actually just remembered an easy-to-implement RP idea I’ve had for a looooong time now I’ve forgot to submit a feature request for, going to post it soon because I’ve love to see it in action.)

3 Likes

And he retreats when called out, as usual. Glad to know you’re still predictable as ever. I appreciate that you’ve stopped pretending you’re a “nice” person on the forums though and are finally letting your real colors show.

1 Like

I never made the claim it was. You however didn’t back your claim so I called you on it.

FWIW I am not being overly critical. I am pushing you to make better arguments based on facts and to differentiate those from what are your opinions and thoughts regarding the purpose(s) and qualifications required of the CSM.

I still think that you trying to disqualify a candidate based on your cited criteria is incorrect and you haven’t convinced me otherwise.

Do carry on with your ‘witchhunt’ though… :wink:

The only things required are to abide by the rules, and garner enough votes to be elected!

1 Like

Even better PR for the game! Damm, I’m rusty at that this sheet… :worried:

2 Likes