The Liberation of Athounon

Citizens and allies of the State! As of today, at 03:10 NEST, the Federal occupation of Athounon has been driven off!
I would like to extend my gratitude to Strike Commander Diana Kim and 1st Lieutenant Rusty Tsero in particular for aiding me throughout this operation, as well as members of the State Public Defenders for their invaluable assistance in ensuring State space superiority by hunting down the last of the Federal strugglers and capturing the system’s infrastructure hub.

The system of Athounon is one of many within the Colonial Development Zone that is a rightful claim of the Jastokuaskaanonen Saikkan Luovhaikya, but it also holds another, secondary point of interest.

This system is also part of the Triglavian Collective’s ‘Forest of Glorification’, a series of k-space systems that, while not woven into Pochven, still host an array of Triglavian assets and forces. More notably, Athounon has been reported to have been the site of a number of recent planetary landings by Veles Clade, an unprecedented occurrence ever since the termination of the Triglavian invasions of YC122.

As many of you may know, I have long been a vocal advocate for the pursuit of diplomatic contact with the Triglavian Collective, believing that to be by far the most effective and efficient route to follow in order to provide humanitarian aid to the State citizens stranded in Pochven that may require it, as well as re-establishing contact with our woven colonies.
I am aware that Veles Clade in particular are more than capable of engaging in diplomatic discussions of this nature, as seen in both their relatively considerate treatment of the worlds woven into Krai Veles as well as their ability to find an ally even in select hives of Rogue Drones.

Ever hopeful that a peaceful solution may be reached regarding our lost systems, I would like to formally invite both State and Veles delegations to my citadel in-system, ‘Port Mondturm’, where I shall strive to facilitate a neutral environment where productive diplomatic discourse may be performed. Vessels registered to all 8 Megacorporations, the Caldari Navy, the Chief Executive Panel and Veles Clade have all been granted docking access, and will retain it for as long as they do not act against the goals of this initiative.

Naturally, should the CEP object to this initiative outright, they would have my full co-operation in its swift suspension.

Glory to the State!

11 Likes

It was my honor to lead the SPD Task Force in support of Colonel Malitia’s effort to establish a strategic hardpoint in north Placid. Federal resistance was light and easily crushed. Glory to the State.

I wish to clarify that this action does not imply any support from the Commission, implicit or otherwise for Colonel Malitia’s objectives regarding the Triglavians. For SPD’s part, we have always taken a firmly apolitical stance towards third parties willing and able to serve State objectives, especially within our AOR. The 103rd and their allies have served us well many times in the past.

As for myself, I weigh the just claims of revenge for the ravaging of Caldari suns against a belief in productive dialogue - and my conviction the State should be first in all things.

7 Likes

See, that’s much better than the ‘Reclaiming’ language.

Happy to have been of assistance!

I hope the diplomatic proceedings go as smoothly as this flip did.

2 Likes

That was a great victory, and I hope it will bring fruits, making the State even stronger in the face of our ancient enemy.

2 Likes

I would like to make a follow-up announcement in light of recent developments regarding my State-Collective Diplomatic Initiative.

Unfortunately, it seems that a few days after the liberation of the system and the deployment of Port Mondturm, Upwell saw fit to release a questionable update to the reinforcement cycle protocols of their smaller structures, which effectively cripples the defensive capabilities of the current facility.

This security concern is not something I can abide by, considering the sensitive nature of the ongoing initiative, so instead I elected to set up a new secure location on Athounon VI to house it instead.

This coastal outpost, dubbed the Kigurosaka Complex, is a hardened and heavily fortified position on the coast of one of Athounon VI’s many great lakes. While legally covered as a private resource extraction venture owned by myself, the premises have been outfitted with both comfortable facilities to host and accommodate the invited delegations, as well as a sizable security contingent and sophisticated automated defenses, ensuring both the safety of all guests as well as their safe transit to and from orbit.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but with this region’s problems with piracy and militia warfare, I simply cannot tolerate the risks posed by a crippled Upwell structure.

Glory to the State.

4 Likes

The fact you let a wretch like this into active duty, yet alone act as a spokesperson, is an absolute disgrace.

Not even a thousand years of service would come close to amend what herself and her masters have wroght to New Eden, let alone the State.

1 Like

The trade and peace are better than war, and if there is a way to end the conflict and return our stolen systems without risk to citizen’s lives, then I fully support this initiative.

There’s little I know of the Collective other than they attacked us unprovoked and illegally occupied our systems without even declaring war, becoming one of the many enemies of the State. We just don’t understand each other. All these virajes and buyans tell me nothing, I don’t know what they want, do they mean good or evil. For me they are just an enemy to fight.

I am looking forward to understanding their motives and ceasing this awkward conflict, so we can focus all our combat assets on the main task - defeating the real ancient enemy of the State and the main threat to peace, prosperity and humanity in the cluster: the Gallente Federation.

2 Likes

It does not matter whether it is an external enemy like the Federation or the Collective on one hand, or internal enemies like the Guristas, Provists or Dragonaurs. Any force that actively seeks to damage the state, and in doing so jeopardizes our systems and our families, must be resisted. No outcome other than the return of of all Caldari systems and their inhabitants is acceptable, whether that outcome is reached through diplomacy or combat.

1 Like

I am currently working to get a diplomatic summit between representatives of all major factions in Yulai in the coming days. However one thing i will note is that the Triglavian Collective did not “invade our space” as stated above. They were here and called New Eden home long prior to us. They are simply returning home.

As for the reclamation of the systems and inhabitants, I have yet to see any concentrated efforts to evacuate surviving civilians. I support the idea of retrieval of the ones that would prefer to leave and will gladly offer any assistance possible to that end. With that said, those in the Collective are seeing the bigger threats. The hive linked. The ancient enemy. And are actively fighting them using the systems in Pochven to supply themselves all while the empires are more concerned for their petty squabbles. So unless told otherwise after the talks at the summit, the systems are ours now. Feel free to come and attempt to take them. We will be waiting.

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

1 Like

The reframing of the Invasions of YC 122 as anything but that is nothing but harmful. The age of the Triglavian Collective and predecessor states does not allow them to lay claim to all of New Eden. There are no archaeological finds to date that hint at any of the woven systems being home to any Triglavian precursor entities.

The defeat of existential and explicitly anti-human threats such as Sansha’s Nation and the Drifters is, of course, something that should be prioritized more, and I can see how Pochven, as a structure, is a means to that end for the Collective, but this does not change the facts regarding the systems’ acquisition or the people stranded in Pochven against their will.

There have been multiple evacuation operations pre-weaving, and, more publicly known, an unsuccessful one conducted by ARC. Unfortunately, the entity that chose to organize that operation are known to fraternize with Sansha, and even used Sansha technology to corrupt an entire Svarog fleet. Their interference was therefore seen as undesirable and Intriguerre Subcommander Seriatim Foucault objected to the evacuation op going through. There is no doubt that there exist people in Pochven that are there against their will. This is unacceptable.

There is no place for short-sighted extremist provocateurs in such things. The rightful order of things will be restored in due time.

2 Likes

Then you have not been paying well enough attention, Mr. Kondur.

I could have worded that better. The intended point was that while ARC and others have attempted evacuations in the past, I havent i recent history seen any evacuation attempts from any entity. Perhaps i have missed it as i cant be everywhere at once. If so, i stand corrected.

N. Kondur
Kybernauts Clade

This mindset alone will poison any attempts at diplomacy. State entities will resist any attempts at justification for the atrocities commited by the Triglavian and their twisted followers.

1 Like

To think one can “own” the forest.