Time for new benefits for omega paying subscriptions

They are plainly ■■■■. They are not worth the time to click on them to discard them.

CCP definitely needs some serious marketing help. They seem to pay as little attention to proper marketing as they do to understanding their player base or designing their game.

Sadly, as long as people continue to pay for the game as-is and everyone at CCP continues to collect paychecks for (mostly) mediocre quality work, the game and the way it’s marketed won’t change.

Subs are valuable to a company not only for the income, but because they represent a somewhat-reliable income stream. Accounting can tell how many subs there are, when they renew, and predict roughly how much income will be coming in each quarter from them.

Yes, PLEX subs are more expensive per month, and thus in a way ‘more profitable’ to CCP. They also represent a massive outstanding liability for CCP, which does present a risk. As an example, let’s say CCP did something ultimately necessary, but very disruptive, to Null space. The null blocs could get together en masse and say “Fine, you ruined our space, 10,000 of us are going to cancel our subs and just Plex our accounts from now on, using the millions of Plex we already have hoarded”.

An unlikely scenario of course, but it does illustrate that the millions of Plex circulating in EVE represent a liability that CCP must take into account with future planning.

CCP probably wants to maintain a balance between cheaper Omega time via subs, and tradeable but more profitable play time via Plex. They do already create package deals so tossing a little flavor bonus into multi-month, renewable subscriptions wouldn’t hurt, but it shouldn’t be anything game-changing.

1 Like

Yeah, but why should we encourage them to do that by providing some cheap reward? The ONLY honest way to get more subscribers is to make the game more interesting so more people play and want to pay for it. They should focus on that in my opinion and not on cheap tricks.

7 Likes

If i left you a bag of dog ■■■■ on your porch as a present. You can either use it as fertilizer or stick it in the bin.

Would you be happy with that ???

Because that’s what CCP frigging login rewards are akin to.

Poor you…life must be so hard…

3 Likes

Awww diddums

Yes, I tried some thinking into this direction too, thank you for answering on both these lines!

1 Like

I’m happy that you reinforced my argument by displaying how people react if they get the wrong thing instead of nothing yes.

2 Likes

Huhu

I know you are, because you said you are, so what am i.

A wanabe smartass?

1 Like

Somebody forgot to censor that?:grin:

If I wanted to be evil, how about we move the ability to multibox to the subscriptions that aren’t paid with plex?

Alpha: as it is now
Omega: as it is now, minus multiboxing
OmegaPlus: Omega + allowed to multibox, for people who pay for their subscription with $$ instead of plex

1 Like

I started a thread in this direction just a few days ago…

@Gerard_Amatin

I kind of agree with the OP and @DeMichael_Crimson:

• PLEX by $$ - These players get to jump into the game and immediately do their favorite dangerous stuff.
  • Subbing - These players get to jump into the game and start grinding their favorite content and then do dangerous stuff.
  • Omega by isk - These players jump into the game and start grinding not necessarily their favorite content but perhaps the most profitable, then go on to do dangerous stuff.

This perhaps fairly represents the majority of players, and shows that people are playing three slightly differing versions of the game. Personally, I feel the first two should be priority for the devs. But I also agree with @Karak_Terrel that gimmicks shouldn’t really be used on those populations, they should indeed continually improve the game and perhaps one way would be to send surveys to the first two groups more.

3 Likes

if they did I would cancel all 3 of my paid accounts

you don’t get how the game actually works
but you are right , there is 3 kinds of players

they don’t do dangerous stuff , they are mostly whales and use the plex to buy lots of injectors , a super and them quit in 15 days and make a complaining topic here on the forums

they are vet players , they have a job , so they play and don’t have to grind , they have the most fun and pay less , in money and in soul :smiling_imp:

same as number 2 but poor , or young , they provide the isk number one needs

all tree types deserve the same treatment

Game Time Codes were sold for ISK on the forums before plexing streamlined that, so your claim here is completely wrong. One always had the option of funding ones subscription with in-game ISK, provided there was someone willing to sell their game time.

this will crash the plex economy

Oh look, another smart thread about how to “solve” a non existent problem…

And some people not understanding the full implications and how the whole PLEX thing works, pretending they know better than CCP how they should run their business… :rofl:

Why would CCP want to complicate matters by making in game differences to players depending on how they pay for their subscription time? It makes no sense from a business point of view. What matters is that players pay for their subscription time, not how…

CCP may and in fact do already give an incentive to players to pay with real cash anytime they want by e.g. offering special bundles, including skill points and whatnot. How is anything being “proposed” here any better than that? It makes no sense. You have no idea, LOL.

Everybody asking for CCP to change their subscription model in this thread do yourselves a favour by doing a little introspection and admit it has absolutely nothing to do with whether it would be better for CCP business, which you obviously don’t understand to begin with, but rather with you thinking you deserve some kind of privilege for the way you’ve chosen to pay for your subscription time, or that the players that pay with PLEX in game deserve to be punished for some reason…

1 Like

It would crash the plex price. Just wondering, would that be a bad thing?