Time to say good bye EVE online

As a unit of measure of success in this game, accumulating Isk is as good as any other. PvP is commonly known as ship vs ship, but there is/was Market PvP, beating other players to the punch by lowering prices. Of course, CCP decided to change market rules by penalizing players for merely lowering their price.

Across the board, CCP has decided that non-predatory players are no longer welcome in the game. Solo/small corp players owning structures needed a target placed on their backs, so rules were changed making destruction of those structures much more profitable to predators. ESS is another example of CCPā€™s sneering at a certain play style and changing the game to reflect that attitude.

The mind-numbing idiocy of magically changing the mineral content of all ores, and then assigning asteroid/ore content to a solar systemsā€™ security status tipped this game into ridiculous space fantasy.

When a consumer purchases a product and there is a decline in the qualities that made it attractive to buy, the consumer loses interest in it.

I donā€™t suck into the propaganda that I should commiserate with the devs dilemma of having to fix a flawed MMO, especially when it is accompanied by a degradation of the product I originally purchased.
I can at least look objectively at where the game is headed, and can laugh at the Fanboi cult that sees my view as some sort of loyalty test to the game.

Spare me the ā€œthings changeā€ cliche. Now that the game developers have become overtly hostile to play styles they once encouraged, Iā€™m outta here, I see enough schizophrenic behavior in RL, and donā€™t need to put up with it during my relaxation time.

4 Likes

Wow, very well written and I agree 100%.

I rarely log in now, mainly itā€™s just to keep skill training active. However I still maintain a sub in the hope that CCP will eventually pull their heads outā€¦

Course my patience is quickly wearing thinā€¦

3 Likes

For sure all that ISK you gathered can still give you pleasure.

Having few billions in wallet was always a nice sight for me.

1 Like

^^ THAT ^^

Most mentally-stable people play games for the entertainment value. The word is self explanatory: GAME.
Thatā€™s why games like Red Dead Redemption 2, Assassinā€™s Creed and Skyrim kick-A. Theyā€™re open-world with true player choices, no mechanics to force the player to play a certain way. Total freedom within the fictitious world. Theyā€™re FUN to play.

Pay attention, CCP
FUN

• is defined by the Oxford English Dictionary as
    Light-hearted PLEASURE
    enjoyment or AMUSEMENT
    boisterous JOVIALITY or MERRYMAKING
    ENTERTAINMENT.
    Although particularly associated with recreation and PLAY.

You think you can code that into EVE? Thatā€™d be swell, thanks.

1 Like

you guys refuse to partake in 1/2 the game and say its not fun
i bet you pew pew in red dead or ass creed

1 Like

Sorry to see you go, but someone has to win Eve I guess :wink:

If you are to leave your stuff, I donā€™t want it.
Give some to the Bus though!
ā€“> Operation Magic School Bus

Thatā€™s a great suggestion @Wanda_Fayne, Operation Magic School Bus is a brilliant in-game community project.

I take it all back about wanting your stuff @Potato_Ham. Wanda is right, give it to the bus project if youā€™re leaving.

You like to save ISK ā€¦
ā€¦ for what purpose?

I understand you - I understand your reasons. I feel similar.

1 Like

Partake ? Would you mind telling me how I can ā€œpartakeā€ when I canā€™t afford a ship, itā€™s modules, insurance, ammoā€¦?
Can you tell me how to ā€œpartakeā€ when I canā€™t manufacture what I need to - well, partake?

OH wait, I understand.
Iā€™m supposed to ā€œpartakeā€ by getting a Venture, fly to -0.5 and get myself blown out of the skies for another playerā€™s pleasure.

Thanks but NO.

Pew pew in Red Dead or Ass Creed? :rofl:
You need to get your head out your azz and realize that EVE isnā€™t the only game online.

FYI, there is no pew-pew in those gamesā€¦ oh, and they are TRUE open-world sanbox, too. Not like what youā€™re getting ripped off with.

It just means current eve is not viable to a certain type of player that found eve 2 years ago a delight, the type of player that just wants to horde and not touch pvp.

I literally solo roamed into null a few hours ago, caught a gila in my harpy took it to 10% shield before a myrm, proteus, brutix landed on grid I had to pull range from the gila he warped off and wrote ā€œlooserā€ in local I asked him to come bring a pvp ship to rejoin the fight and he said ā€œI donā€™t do pvpā€.

Now I wonder why null sec - supposed to be the most dangerous space in eve online (which itā€™s not, low is the most dangerous but that is besides the point) yet it is attracting these people that donā€™t like combat at all. I do not get it.

3 Likes

Why not?

I dont PLEX, Im Alpha, and I dont have any trouble raising say 10m, which is more than enough for a fitted HS cruiser.

And Im pretty ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  lazy

2 Likes

maybe
but i think you guys are afraid to pvp in eve ā€¦ :thinking:

1 Like

Wait how does eve echoā€™s have more people playing than real eve O_o

4 months ago:
Eve online: players that month 300 000
Eve echoā€™s: 2 000 000

Might not be entirely accurate as I am pulling peices together from multiple sources but damn thatā€™s insane.

1 Like

Afraid of what ?? Itā€™s not like weā€™re gonna lose our lives, is it?
Weā€™re not afraid. I personally donā€™t see the point of grinding for a week to lose a ship in less than - literally- a minute. Thatā€™s not fun, thatā€™s just a waste of a week grinding.

100 to 200m/hour means you can welp 2 to 4 frigs or 1 cruiser/bc, it will probibly take more than an hour to loose your ship thou.

As I said. Because I canā€™t mine enough to build a ship and donā€™t have the necessary tools/skills to manufacture and donā€™t have enough income to buy original blueprints ( if I even find one to buy and can afford it )
only to get it destroyed willy-nilly for someoneā€™s else amusement.

If CCP wants there to be destruction, thereā€™s gotta be construction first. In order for players to construct thereā€™s gotta be materials and in order for there to be materials thereā€™s gotta be ore in stock and for that the ore needs to be found and mined - BLAP! sorry, F-you and your ore :rofl:

Nope.
All I make when I mine is maybe 1mil an hour. Thatā€™s when Iā€™m not ganked.

ā€œit will probibly take more than an hour to loose your shipā€
Nope. Last time I got a Venture I lost it less than an hour afterwards.
I mine in 0.4 and 0.3 to even find the ores that are worth more than a penny a ton.

Just buy one

Buy a copy off contracts, or just buy the ship

Hence I mentioned High Sec.

Not a whole lot of suicide ganking L2 and 3 mission runners or escalations.

Markets are not in any danger of running out.