Triglavian Fleet Destroying Pods and Ships in High Sec - November 2020

Another …

I pass with an alt for a trig system near jita. White trigs. Ok.

I go to next. Red trigs. Ibis scarmmed, pod destroyed, near a billion lost.

Boths is possible in gates, some are WHITE and other REDS to the same char ?

Literally thinking in no go to jita or near areas, this is really dumb.

1 Like

Same, I was attacked by some pirates with Trig like ship (I was so shoked I didn’t take note of everything) when getting out of stargate from Maurasi to Perimeter. On arival to the gate I was cloaked and noticed them, and after a few seconds I simply clicked Dock to reach my final destination. While uncloaking and aligning and preparing to warp, they start scrambling me, but being in my Venture I guess I was able to warp.

Now, I may have done some level 1 NPC mining and industry mission with the alt I was on, but nothing like attaking Trigs before. I only encounter with Guristas while doing the tutorial Career Agents missions.

The most troubling thing to me, despite people saying flying in space should have consequence, si that those pirates are there camping the stargates in HighSec and attaking people while flying besides Concord/Faction navy vessels supposed to guard the stargate… If AI was doing it’s job, shouldn’t Concord/Faction Navy be kicking the pirates derriere, so that we, peasant, can “mine our own business” ?

I did noticed the same behavior in Amarr during the weekend, but using a “younger” capsuleer still doing only the Career Agents missions, and I was not attacked. I was “hauling” ore with my little Venture from Deepari to Ashab. While I was passing the gates from Chaven to Ashab I could see them, and then 2-3 minutes later on my way back they were’nt there, no wrecks. 15 minutes later when I passed the gates again with another shipment, I could see the pirates at about 10000 km away from the stargate, then they were not there on my way back. And later again I could see them thousands of meters and not attaking me while I jump from gates to gates… but I could see the wreck of a 2 day old pilot… (if it was his first character, I wonder if that was is last minute playing this game)

And all that time, the faction navy was cluless about the presence of the pirates. And THIS is what makes no sense, and void the “fly in space have consequence” mantra. You can repeat that mantra again and again, it will still make no sense on the billionth time you say it. These are high sec stargates, with Concord/Navy guarding them. Pirates like Trigs shouldn’t be allowed to fly besides Navy as if they were buddy.

3 Likes

Faction navies have never responded to NPC’s from pirate factions, so this isn’t unexpected, they also don’t shoot roaming drifters/sleepers on gates

So this is working as intended

But does the Navy have to hold the Trig’s beer while they attack with ridiculously superior force of arms? It’s one extreme or the other. In the mining belts NPC’s have the strength of large hamsters. Then on the way home, three (no one, not two, but three) Autothespians rip you apart. Neither encounter is a fair fight. There is a middle ground here…

1 Like

The navy isn’t there to protect you from threats that don’t impact them, they aren’t under attack, only capsuleers are, they don’t get involved in our conflicts outside of concord dispensing punishment for breaking the law and faction police when faction warfare is involved, EDENCOM NPC’s will attack trigs if the WH spawns in an EC controlled system because that is what they are there for

Outside of that you’ll either have to fight back or just gain positive standings with the triglavians which takes little more than a target painter and a probe launcher, assuming you currently have 0.0 standing towards them

Ah, I remember now, Iceland doesn’t have a Navy, nor a military, and the last time they had a Navy they actually were the pirates (Vikings), enslaving the Gaels (Irish, Picts). Lol, now that make sense. So, I now see why “it works as intented” :wink:

More seriously, I still can’t see how it is “as intended”. More like they (CCP) didn’t thought much about it. Why would Concord come and blow up a capsuleer ship shooting at anhother capsuleer’s ship in high sec, but Concord/Navy wouldn’t care lift a finger when pirates comes in hords and shoot honest capsuleers mining their business at high sec stargates. I just wish they (CCP) can see this nonsense, wheter players accept the status quo and label it “as intended”.

Anyway, I’m not going to argue about it, my point (the situation makes no sense “to me”) was made. I just hope that if I ever get blown up for such “intended” reason, it comes in the next 2 weeks, so that I know to not renew my Omega (and yes, I know, no one is going to cry a river for that, and I’m not looking for sympathy). There are plenty other MMO out there, and it was still fun for the few weeks I played.

Have a good day.

2 Likes

A trig fleet is currently camping gates in New Caldari, a 1.0 system, seems a little harsh to have them in a starter system if you ask me :confused:

2 Likes

New Caldari isn’t a starter system

This lists all the actual starter systems

1 Like

Okay, it’s not a rookie system but still 1.0. CCP might as well have them spawn in Jita, haven’t been back that long so maybe they have. Was just surprised to see a fleet of reds (by default) appear in such a high sec system with no warning.

1.0 has never meant safe, just safer, and you really don’t want to see the full list of systems that trigs can spawn in, its around 300 systems and most of them are in caldari space

Click C729 Wormhole Candidates if you’re feeling brave :stuck_out_tongue:

All the security rating of a system really means is how fast Concord will respond to…whatever Concord responds to. The term “high security” is a misnomer and should be changed.

But anyway, most space video games you start up and immediately someone is shooting at you. The difference between that and EVE is that in EVE, sometimes its impossible to win. In some ways EVE is as much a life simulator as a space simulator.

But. you know, in Star Trek even Earth got directly attacked. I am sure most players are Sci-fi fans. Isn’t this the sort of thing you signed up for? You might do better to pretend you are in a movie. Movies usually have tragedy in the middle and sometimes the beginning too. Victory is mostly at the end. The heroes always have to endure till then. Yes? Well, this is your movie. Be the suffering hero.

lol that is quite a list, thanks for the link I shall keep an eye on the tracker so I can jump in a covert ops and go watch them pop haulers on autopilot :slight_smile:

Edit: found the quote button

Lol nice call to arms but if this is my movie it is the fifth or sixth instalment, the golden years running on a mac with all graphic settings on low and still having to wear earplugs to block out the noise of the fan that ramps up just by opening the character window.

Remember though, not all players join Eve for combat, some enjoy other aspects of the game, mining, trading, manufacturing and so on. And some (like me) just come back to admire all the shiny ships they acquired in the past :smiley:

You can do all that while the fact remains this is an MMO not a singleplayer game thus other people’s playstyles might affect your gameplay experience. :wink:

Although Trig are not other players :slight_smile: Anyway, it doesn’t really matter to me I don’t haul stuff or mine and have always flown as if I’m in lowsec/nulsec. Just thought it was a bit harsh for new players and non-combatants.

3 Likes

A big F Y to CCP for this, I finally just got blown up by the Triglavian Collective right after entering Hirtamon (1.0), coming from Aokannitoh (1.0), on my way to Ikuchi (1.0). One single pirate ship was not enough, they were about 10 of them in cruisers and stuff. All while Concord and the Navy were drinking beer watching the show of a little Badger getting a beating for absolutely no reason.

Imagine a mob of Crips or Bloods beating an honnest man or woman to death for no reason on the street of Manhattan in plain day light, in front of the NYPD and a couple of FBI agents having their donoughts as they watch the scene. I already see some stup** people trying to convince me it all make sense… yes please, tell me, show me what’s left in your brain…

Anyway… after a scene of me naked and floating in space, I woke up in Kisogo in a pod. I boarded a shiny new corvette and made my way to the crime scene right away. It wasn’t 5 minutes later, certainly less. There were no more Trigs in sight. No Trig wrecks either, they really faced no obstruction from any authority, and left apparently without looting anything (or not much?) from my own wrecks. Destruction for zero purpose.

In the end, I lost a Badger, a 1-1.1m ISK value ship I actually got for free from doing the career agents missions. I even got a spare Badger that I also gor for free from another career agents missions, which I used to loot the content of my dead Badger. I was able to recover 7 out of the 12 items I had in the cargo hold, and 9 out of the 10 fitting equipment I had on the ship. Since I’m not going to take the Badger’s value into account, I have lost about 260k ISK worth of materials in this gratuitous attack. Oh wait, I also received a payout of 619235 ISK from the insurance (“default payout for an uninsured ship”, apparently). I did, however, lost all my +3 implants, a 50m ISK value. No more implants for me, not worth it, with this kind of random event happening in high sec’s militarised zones like star gates. For me, with less than 30 days of playing and what I can do at this stage, 50M ISK is 2 full weekend days worth of grind playtime (mining) thrown in the sewers of CCP. Grind is not fun, we do it out of necessity when we want to reach a goal. This is 2 days of my real life thrown in the sewers, for no reason.

If at least I got some fun in the process. Take PvP for instance, it this was my fun thing to do in EVE, and if I had lost my ship and fitings during a fight. I could congratulate the other human being sitting in front of his/her computer 5 or 15000 km away from my home for winning the fight.

Nope. No fun. No Vaseline either. Just a random, gratuitous attack from an AI in Cruisers and Battlecruisers gang banging a rookie industrial ship. I can’t wait for the morrons to tell me there is a gaming lesson to this, and that next time I should pilot my Badger that way and do this and that super trick to escape the Trigs with ease.

The only lesson is, I’m a person of my words. I said I would stop my Omega when it occurs. So it is.

Farewell,

P-S : here is me, looking at my frozen corpse from my Heron when I came back to salvage my own wreck. There was no option to “loot” / “scoop” the body My frozen corpse floating in space

6 Likes

From corvette to badger to heron. Was this a magic corvette you boarded?

I think some of the folks at CCP enjoy your pain. They would miss that more than your money but there are plenty more victims to come so…

Anyway, yeah, it would be cool if you had a chance to at least escape in your pod. I don’t know if its possible or not to escape in your pod after your ship blows if you are fast enough, or even to eject then escape, so I can’t say if you had a chance or not. But I see so many get podded by Trigs. Its hard to see it as anything less than human malice.

But maybe you could respond by dedicating your EVE life to wiping out the Trigs? What would your character do? If the answer is get his or herself pulled from out from the goo, get those brain ports removed and return to civilian life, okay.

1 Like

If your standings with trigs are still at 0.0, you can fortunately get inside Pochven by using filaments and fix that standings fairly fast, in like minutes, to hour maybe, to never be bothered by trigs again.

But I prefer to use my Omega status to farm trigs for ISK.

I first came back to the scene in a corvette. If the Trigs were still there, at that point I would not mind losing a free corvette, and had no more implants to care about. As I saw the area was clear of Trigs and only had my wreck and another pilot’s (at that time), I went back to Maurasi where most of my stuff is. I first use the Badger to loot everything, then came back later with the Heron to salvage what was left. Because I was writing this long post with anger, it probably took over 2 hours to complete the whole clean up.

2 Likes

After the Badger exploded, there was a cutscene where my corpse was floating in space with some text I forgot, and didn’t had the thought at the time to take a screenshot. So the answer is No, you can’t escape, you don’t have the opportunity. I don’t know how that works in any other circumpstance, it was my first death.

And for what I will do next when I see another mob of 10 Trigs battlecruisers ? Die again I guess? How many months if not years of skill learning would I need to get a ship big enough to kill a mob like that by myself ? And since I’ll be turning back to Alpha, I’ll be locked out of the biggest ships. I can’t count on the Corp to be there at any time, these are random encounters. They appear a minute, and have left 5 minutes later. No sorry, I’m not going to RP this by hunting Trigs, this will not end the random, non-sensical, encounters in high-sec 1.0 and 0.9 systems surrounded by Concord and faction navy vessels.