How to Get Dual Standings with Edencom and the Triglavians

Getting positive standing with Triglavians and Edencom will allow you to travel unmolested through Edencom systems, triglavian minor victory systems, and any systems that currently have a trig wormhole present. Fortunately, any positive standings appear to work. So, it’s really easy if you’re starting from zero. Those that have tanked their standings will need to do some grinding. Thus, they might want to join one of Edencom Defense Initiative’s dual standings fleet. Join their discord to learn more.

Steps
  • Get in a clean clone (Pod loss is a real possibility, and having a clean clone will let you take the pod express home). Speaking of which, it’s not a terrible idea to temporarily switch your home station to Jita or something, in case you die too early.
  • Fit up a cheap ass frigate that goes over 2.7km/s, has good targeting range, and good ewar and/or drone control range (60-80km range is good). A little tank (i.e. DCU and small shield extender) can buy you some wiggle room against rogue drones, trigs, and edencom forces (as long as you don’t get too close). Don’t worry about DPS. Even 10 DPS is sufficient.
  • Grab a cheap pochven filament (such as the Internal-5 ‘Pochven’ Filament -found in Trade Goods on the market)
  • Set up a Pochven tab on your overview (or just add them to an existing PvE tab). With the correct tab selected, make sure that the following are selected to show:
    • Drifter Entities
    • Edencom Entities
    • Rogue Drone Entities
    • Sleeper Entities
    • Triglavian Entities
  • Be sure to save the tab, as this will create a D-scan filter that you can then use (a PvP filter is also useful)
  • Form fleet, turn safety to yellow, and get 100k away from a stations, gates, and mobile depots (all requirements to be able to use the filament).
  • Pop the filament.
  • Remember to always be moving and to use D-scan to keep an eye out for player ships and combat probes. Currently, things seem kind of chill in there, but no reason to feed. Besides, if you die too early, you’ll have to wait like 15 minutes before you can try again.
  • Use D-scan to look for Rogue Drones, Sleepers, or Drifters to shoot (I’ve found fleets at planets, stations, gates, ore anomalies, combat anomalies, and the sun so far).
  • The different NPC factions in Pochven will fight each other. So you don’t always have to kill something to get standings. If you can get some damage or ewar on a rat before it dies, that’s good enough. However, you might also come across grids with only Rogue drones present. Thus, having drones is nice, that way you can pop one and be on your way.
    • Rogue Drones pose little threat. Keep like 50k away, and you should have no problems. Just be aware that they move really fast, so don’t go burning straight for them. It can take a while, but even an alpha with 1 unbonused light drone can kill a rogue drone. Having a little tank can help you survive piloting errors or surprises (I once warped to a hundred and found that someone had already kited the drones out in the direction I landed. Got to like 30% structure before I pulled enough range). They have names like Interfering Phase-II Legionnaire, but they are most easily identified by their icons (looks like a red “x”).
    • Drifter and sleeper entities will kill your ass real quick (apparently they can hit out to 300k). So you should probably avoid engaging a Drifter/Sleeper fleet that isn’t already fighting something else. However, if they are fighting something else, you can get into range (the more range you have the easier it is), agro them, and possibly even get out before they kill you. (They tend to have “Hypnosian” in the name, or be named rats like “Apollo Tyranos” or some ■■■■).
    • Don’t agro any edencom or trig rats, as that can hurt your standings. They might attack you, but you’re rather safe as long as you stay at least 60k or so away. They have names based off of their player ship equivalents (i.e. Damavik, Drekavak, Leshak, Cerberus, Basilisk).
  • Try to go for Rogue drones first, as they are the safest. If you can’t find any, try going for drifters and sleepers (that are fighting).
  • Ewar is good for getting in and out, as it instantly applies (don’t have to wait for drones to fly to the rat). So use that if two fleets are fighting each other. Use drones to kill a rat if you come across a lone rogue drone fleet. Try not to pull too much range, or they’ll agro your drones (staying within 90km or so seems to keep them keen on you).
  • Don’t forget to warp to celestials at max coward range. Don’t want to find a fleet on top of you.
  • Once you’ve killed something, or got agro on something that you expect to die, warp to a station, structure with docking access, or a safe, and wait to make sure that you get your standings. It shouldn’t be a problem, but I didn’t get it on one of my toons (I guess that rat never died), and so I had to go back in.
  • If you brought an outbound filament, you can leave that way. But you can also just take the pod express home (note that rats that are fighting each other will stop to kill your ship, but will ignore your pod until all other threats have been dealt with).
  • Any positive standing seems to do the trick. The Eve University web page says you need .01 standings, but I have verified that standings as low as .003 will turn the trigs white. Perhaps someone can verify if .001 will work as well. I’m sure it will, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
  • Finally, I saw in a reddit post that trigs will sometimes attack people with positive standings, but he had heard that CCP will reimburse the losses. This is some hearsay, however, so take it with a grain of salt.
  • Oh, and don’t forget to turn safety back to green.

Alpha friendly example fit. I tried to design it for a day 1 alpha, so it is far from optimized. 3s align, 2.9km/s, 65k drone control range, and 73k targeting range even for day 1 toon. If you’re hurting for cap, don’t run the autotargeter (it will still give you a bonus to number of locks when off).

2mil isk Breacher - Day 1 Newbro Fit

[Breacher, Dual Standings /Alpha]

Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Damage Control I

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender

Drone Link Augmentor I
Auto Targeting System I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Ionic Field Projector I

Acolyte I x2

This mualus requires a little more training to get a 3s align, help out with cap, and to use all 4 drones, but it has more damage and a faster warp speed, which can help players get in and get out. It might not be day 1 newbro friendly, but it can still be flown by relatively low skill alphas.

2m Maulus - Alpha Friendly

[Maulus, PvE /Dual Standings /Alpha]

Damage Control I
Drone Damage Amplifier I

5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Phased Muon Scoped Sensor Dampener, Targeting Range Dampening Script

Drone Link Augmentor I
Drone Link Augmentor I

Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I
Small Hyperspatial Velocity Optimizer I

Acolyte I x4

Alright, that’s everything that I can remember. Perhaps others can add more info or correct any mistakes.

Additional Resource

Edit: I also made a video. I contains the exact same information, just in video format.

20 Likes

Nice guide, bookmarked for future reference.

:+1:

EDIT:
Probably should have posted this thread in the PvE sub-forum.

1 Like

Excellent work! Very helpful!

1 Like

Yeah, that’s where I was initially going to put it, but my only two options were the “Ships and Modules” and “Missions” subcategories -neither of which were really good homes for it. Seems like the PvE section could use more categories, or at least a catch-all general category.

3 Likes

Oh i wondered where Ehpri’s guide was, couldn’t be bothered to find the link for it in the EDI discord lol, yeah we ran a bunch of those fleets together, its a shame he hasn’t updated it recently, might have to look in to messaging him to borrow some of the contents for the EDI site

1 Like

You don’t even need to do any damage on the rat, ANY aggressive action is good. I’ve had lots of success with the following fit:
[Vigil, Cheap Painter]

Inertial Stabilizers II
Inertial Stabilizers II

5MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Phased Scoped Target Painter

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Low Friction Nozzle Joints I
Small Auxiliary Thrusters I

Targeting Range Script x3

Feel free to upgrade/downgrade as you see fit, but keep it cheap.
Tactics for this is to find a nice station or freeport structure to sit at, dscan for the targets (drones, sleepers, drifters). Then warp at 100km, paint the biggest one, warp off. Do this for all 3 types if they are in the system, wait for ticks, repeat. I even had success with this thing paiting drifters, though that was with a 200km warp in (make your own bookmarks).

1 Like

Yeah that works if you’re only after small ticks, but if you want to farm larger ticks you’ll need to be more selective with targets and kill them with a group

@Solstice_Projekt

Hey dude, I’ve got a question. Are there any difference in the roaming NPC fleets between Border, Internal, and Home Pochven systems (i.e. trig fleets are bigger in home systems, or non-trig forces are more commonly found in border systems)?

For those that aren’t new, and their only semi-expendable clone still has implants that you want to save, I have been using an Astero fitted for speed and long range targeting, with a set of Acolyte II’s. It works great and I can just cloak up and hang around if I land in systems with no station. I like watching the various factions duke it out while I wait for the tick, then looting the wrecks. :sunglasses:

Thanks for the guide, OP. You rock! :metal:

2 Likes

Odd thing, I tried finding rogue drones and found 0 in three different systems. I triple-checked that my overview was set to see rogue drone entities, just as it was set to see drifters, sleepers, and triglavians, of which I found plenty.

As I was in a Gnosis I felt confident that I could kill a sleeper, warped to 100km of a customs office being inspected by 3 frigs and 3 battleships all of the “faded” ( the weakest ) type. Battleships hit hard even at 100km so made a safe, warped out and warped back to 100km of the safe, so I get to 200km of the group.

At that distance battleships missed quite frequently ( maintaning a little angular velocity ) and one frig rushed to me. When it was at range, I killed it, warped out, cloaked, and after some minutes got 0.01 standings with trigs.

And by the way, I can confirm that just 0.01 gets you white with trigs, no need of 0.1 or even 0.03

Using a glorification filament got me in Carrou, 2 jumps from high and just 5 jumps from Jita. The cloak/mwd trick gave me a smooth run in the lows.

2 Likes

The types of NPC’s that spawn in any given system depend entirely on the current active connections that lead to that system Pochven Region Overview - EDENCOM Defense Initiative refer to “activities in pochven” as that will tell you what WH connections you need to find which types of NPC, there is a wormholes page under guides which also details the 4 types of WH you’ll find inside pochven

1 Like

Then warp at 100km, paint the biggest one, warp off.

Target painting an ship brings no standing. I tried it several times and got nothing.

I did have one instance where I didn’t get standing, but I assume it’s because the ship that I agro’ed didn’t die. Regardless, I can confirm that TP’ing a rat does work (as long as that rat gets killed). Unfortunately, I can’t tell you if this is contingent upon any other factors (i.e. does he have to die within 1 tick, within 2 hours, before he leaves grid, etcetera).

Aslong as the target dies a TP is enough, its how my alt got his initial standings

1 Like

This is normal. When the target dies you are part of the hunt and you get standing. The problem ist to find a target which is dying after the painting ;))

doing it again, to give 3 alts the standing.

3 cormorants, going in border pochven.

first step I get in a system, with nothing. Like, really nothing. a station, no rats besides the trig squad I do instas, wait for the timer, drop my cormorants in stations, self edstruct and go back to jita.

second step I have ppl on Dscan, tengu, astero, that I can get a glimpse of.
I find a “incipient drone swarm”, I go there, kill the three spider drones with cormorants, then 10 more spawn, kill a cormorant, several die , and the site despawn oO. I go to station, dock, wait, get a standing tick.

BUT CCP when they reset the standing, did actually move mine to -0.00x instead of 0, so I still am negative with trigs on one account … So I go on next site, kill the two spider drones, align out … and a carrier spawns
Imgur
#seemslegit

I am white with trig, fck that sht.

2 Likes

I filamented into a border system with a tanky astero. Waited an hour before finding a drone spawn at an ore site. I killed 3 frigates with hobgoblins and warped out when many more drones spawned.

This gave me .005 standings with Trigs and .002 with Edencom. Trigs left me alone when I approached them at a gate in Pochven.

2 Likes

Any chance you could post your fit ?

I think most any astero fit will work. I recommend having a MWD and a sensor booster with targeting range script. I carried a mobile depot. You could experiment with drone link, navigators and damage amps if you want but they are not necessary.

I made a safe in the middle of the system to check dscan for drones. It can take a good while before they show up. When found I warped to the site at 70km dropped drones, activated sensor booster and aligned out to a safe. Targeted and killed drones as they approached. If they got too close I would MWD for a cycle or two. After killing 3-5 drones I would warp out. The drones at range do barely any damage.

If you find drones or sleepers engaged with Edencom you can warp in at 100km and activate a target painter on the sleeper or drone. If it ends up dying you get credit for the kill.

2 Likes

Removed some off-topic posts which were spoiling a very good thread…

Fly safe o7

ISD Bahamut

1 Like