Getting positive standing with Triglavians and Edencom will allow you to travel unmolested through Edencom systems, triglavian minor victory systems, and any systems that currently have a trig wormhole present. Fortunately, any positive standings appear to work. So, it’s really easy if you’re starting from zero. Those that have tanked their standings will need to do some grinding. Thus, they might want to join one of Edencom Defense Initiative’s dual standings fleet. Join their discord to learn more.
- Get in a clean clone (Pod loss is a real possibility, and having a clean clone will let you take the pod express home). Speaking of which, it’s not a terrible idea to temporarily switch your home station to Jita or something, in case you die too early.
- Fit up a cheap ass frigate that goes over 2.7km/s, has good targeting range, and good ewar and/or drone control range (60-80km range is good). A little tank (i.e. DCU and small shield extender) can buy you some wiggle room against rogue drones, trigs, and edencom forces (as long as you don’t get too close). Don’t worry about DPS. Even 10 DPS is sufficient.
- Grab a cheap pochven filament (such as the Internal-5 ‘Pochven’ Filament -found in Trade Goods on the market)
- Set up a Pochven tab on your overview (or just add them to an existing PvE tab). With the correct tab selected, make sure that the following are selected to show:
- Drifter Entities
- Edencom Entities
- Rogue Drone Entities
- Sleeper Entities
- Triglavian Entities
- Be sure to save the tab, as this will create a D-scan filter that you can then use (a PvP filter is also useful)
- Form fleet, turn safety to yellow, and get 100k away from a stations, gates, and mobile depots (all requirements to be able to use the filament).
- Pop the filament.
- Remember to always be moving and to use D-scan to keep an eye out for player ships and combat probes. Currently, things seem kind of chill in there, but no reason to feed. Besides, if you die too early, you’ll have to wait like 15 minutes before you can try again.
- Use D-scan to look for Rogue Drones, Sleepers, or Drifters to shoot (I’ve found fleets at planets, stations, gates, ore anomalies, combat anomalies, and the sun so far).
- The different NPC factions in Pochven will fight each other. So you don’t always have to kill something to get standings. If you can get some damage or ewar on a rat before it dies, that’s good enough. However, you might also come across grids with only Rogue drones present. Thus, having drones is nice, that way you can pop one and be on your way.
- Rogue Drones pose little threat. Keep like 50k away, and you should have no problems. Just be aware that they move really fast, so don’t go burning straight for them. It can take a while, but even an alpha with 1 unbonused light drone can kill a rogue drone. Having a little tank can help you survive piloting errors or surprises (I once warped to a hundred and found that someone had already kited the drones out in the direction I landed. Got to like 30% structure before I pulled enough range). They have names like Interfering Phase-II Legionnaire, but they are most easily identified by their icons (looks like a red “x”).
- Drifter and sleeper entities will kill your ass real quick (apparently they can hit out to 300k). So you should probably avoid engaging a Drifter/Sleeper fleet that isn’t already fighting something else. However, if they are fighting something else, you can get into range (the more range you have the easier it is), agro them, and possibly even get out before they kill you. (They tend to have “Hypnosian” in the name, or be named rats like “Apollo Tyranos” or some ■■■■).
- Don’t agro any edencom or trig rats, as that can hurt your standings. They might attack you, but you’re rather safe as long as you stay at least 60k or so away. They have names based off of their player ship equivalents (i.e. Damavik, Drekavak, Leshak, Cerberus, Basilisk).
- Try to go for Rogue drones first, as they are the safest. If you can’t find any, try going for drifters and sleepers (that are fighting).
- Ewar is good for getting in and out, as it instantly applies (don’t have to wait for drones to fly to the rat). So use that if two fleets are fighting each other. Use drones to kill a rat if you come across a lone rogue drone fleet. Try not to pull too much range, or they’ll agro your drones (staying within 90km or so seems to keep them keen on you).
- Don’t forget to warp to celestials at max coward range. Don’t want to find a fleet on top of you.
- Once you’ve killed something, or got agro on something that you expect to die, warp to a station, structure with docking access, or a safe, and wait to make sure that you get your standings. It shouldn’t be a problem, but I didn’t get it on one of my toons (I guess that rat never died), and so I had to go back in.
- If you brought an outbound filament, you can leave that way. But you can also just take the pod express home (note that rats that are fighting each other will stop to kill your ship, but will ignore your pod until all other threats have been dealt with).
- Any positive standing seems to do the trick. The Eve University web page says you need .01 standings, but I have verified that standings as low as .003 will turn the trigs white. Perhaps someone can verify if .001 will work as well. I’m sure it will, but it would be nice to have confirmation.
- Finally, I saw in a reddit post that trigs will sometimes attack people with positive standings, but he had heard that CCP will reimburse the losses. This is some hearsay, however, so take it with a grain of salt.
- Oh, and don’t forget to turn safety back to green.
Alpha friendly example fit. I tried to design it for a day 1 alpha, so it is far from optimized. 3s align, 2.9km/s, 65k drone control range, and 73k targeting range even for day 1 toon. If you’re hurting for cap, don’t run the autotargeter (it will still give you a bonus to number of locks when off).
Example Fit (2mil isk Breacher)
[Breacher, Dual Standings /Alpha]
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Type-D Restrained Nanofiber Structure
Damage Control I
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Alumel-Wired Enduring Sensor Booster, Targeting Range Script
Peripheral Compact Target Painter
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Drone Link Augmentor I
Auto Targeting System I
Drone Link Augmentor I
Small Capacitor Control Circuit I
Small Polycarbon Engine Housing I
Small Ionic Field Projector I
Acolyte I x2
Alright, that’s everything that I can remember. Perhaps others can add more info or correct any mistakes.