“UNCATCHABLE” still the best defence against any Gankers.
this thread is rich…
my friends have hulk fits less than 320 million isk…that have over 150k ehp with orca def boosts..no reps just buffer.
so, let’s do some math. A gank catalyst does about 1480 DPS. Against Void damage, you’ve got about 87.4K ehp. In addition, you’re getting about 245 ehp/s of shield regen; however that’s shield regen at its height (around 20% shields remaining) so you’re not going to maintain that long. By the way, this is assuming everything is heated which doesn’t fare well for the hulk as it could burn out its mids before the catalysts quit coming. But we’ll run with these numbers to make this easier.
The fastest CONCORD response time is 6 seconds. So let’s figure out how many catalysts it takes to kill you. To kill your ship in roughly 6 seconds, I need to do roughly 14,570 DPS. Going back to our Catalysts, the first one does less because its eating shield regen (not really, but just giving it to you) bringing the amount down to 13,335 DPS remaining. Divide by catalyst DPS and I’ll need 9 other Catalysts for a total of 10 catalysts. Each gank catalyst costs about 10 million ISK. So, the gankers are out 100 million ISK on the kill.
The modules of your ship (not including drones) are worth 776 million ISK. Assuming roughly half that drops, you’re looking at about 388 million ISK worth of drops each time they kill you. This means that every time they gank you, the gankers are making roughly 288 million ISK per gank.
The harsh reality is that each of your shield hardeners are worth about 220 million ISK. That means if one drops, they still make 120 million ISK on the kill. Statistically, the odds of none of the shield hardeners dropping is 1 in 8… or around 12.5%. Which means, they have a 87.5% chance of getting at least 100% return on their investment.
Even if we toss in your Orca boosts with a mindlink adding both to shield resists and raw shield hit points; it takes your ship up to 107k ehp with 311 ehp/s of regen. So, let’s run these numbers again. Now, I need to hit 17,840 DPS. Our first Catalyst takes it down to 16,671 DPS. Which means we’ll need an additional 12 Catalysts. Which takes the total to 13 Catalysts, costing the gankers about 130 million.
Which brings us back to loot… 130 million with an 87.5% chance of making at least 90 million.
Ungankable? That’s bovine excrement. And its totally worth ganking too.
Did destroyers get a buff?
Can you please post the fit? Actually curious… Please
Exciting stuff!
That is my whole point. It’s why i don’t lose mining ships. It’s what I’ve tried to say this whole time. I’m not insulted by that.
[Catalyst, Catalyst GANK BADGE]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I
Put it in pyfa… Load with void and overheat
I apologize. I misread Pyfa. Looked at volley over DPS. DPS is about half that… at 793 DPS, so double the Catalyst numbers.
So without links, its 20 catalysts costing 200 million total… with an average payout of 388 million (still making a huge profit).
And with links, it’s 26 catalyst costing 260 million… with an average payout of 388 million. Which means 128 million profit. Thats almost a 50% profit margin.
So still very profitable to gank… And thus not ungankable.
![]()
My bad, I somehow was under the impression it has something to do with the awesome ungankable fits you use. ![]()
I said this way up this thread. You missed it. You don’t know what High Sec is these days. Large roaving ganking squads don’t happen. It’s just a few of them these days. That’s all I’m protecting from. That’s all I care about. If a big fleet appears someday oh well. I’ll buy a new ship. But that’ll be such a rare event. I said all of that. So much hostility trying to convince me of ■■■■ I’ve already mentioned.
Bummer. I was hoping ganking had gotten an upgrade.
If 28 players want to all log on at the same time, rip through High Sec, and come blow up a Hulk, I’m okay with it. Or a multiboxer with 28 accounts… or 7 mutliboxers with 4 accounts each… or any combination… That’s a LOT of work and a lot of accounts. I’m not that important and my Hulk is shiny, but not that shiny.
You’ll also need two bumpers. One for the Hulk and a Stabber to send the Orca outside of drone range. You’ll need to do that to knock out the shield regen from drones and the remote shield booster. Otherwise, the cats are wasting their time.
Fly dangerous and if you’re not losing ships, you’re not trying hard enough.
No, it’s not that much work. Many people multibox 4 or 5 accounts at once. And ganking isn’t nearly as difficult as other forms of PvP. Sorry, but it’s not hard.
Adding 2 bumpers to the requirements isn’t much after the initial set up.
Adding more to the pot. The issue is your Orca has limited high slots and how many are you devoting to links vs. remote shield boosters.
Also, logi drones are pretty shitty to be honest.
Finally… I don’t have the exact numbers on shield remote boosters… but I doubt it takes more than 2 or 3 more catalysts to offset the unbonused boosters of an Orca.
The numbers have made it clear: this isn’t a good idea. And we haven’t discussed how much veldspar you’ll need to mine to get a return on your investment compared to what the gankers need. Also bare in mind, this is the response time in 0.9 space. The numbers change quickly in the favor of the gankers as sec status decreases…
No drone links. None. Waste of a high slot. One remote shield booster. It’s enough for 146 shield points per second with the drones. It’s enough to throw off the ganker math if they’re dumb enough to ignore the Orca.
This lets me still have enough high slots for mining boosts and compression.
I don’t mine for profit. If I cared about that, I’d be a good little soldier multiboxing several accounts in null like so many others. Not my style. 2 accounts is my absolute limit. I hate multiboxing. I play Eve for reasons other than ISK.
As for the Orca itself, it gets about 350 shield points per second which is over half the damage of a breacher pod. CCP recently gave Orcas a huge buff to shield boosters.
P.S. I mostly mine ice these days. Someday I’ll go back to moon mining.
No one said anything about drone links; links is another term for command bursts.
So literally less than half a gank catalyst difference.
Remember how I mentioned you really don’t get that full passive regen because you only get it at 20% shields? Do you seriously think gankers aren’t going to add in a few extra catalysts to make sure the job gets done?
This is literally immaterial to the subject at hand.
Also, immaterial as we are discussing the Hulk, not the Orca. This is a red herring argument fallacy. Please stay on topic: that being is your Hulk fit ungankable and is it unprofitable to gank.
We’ve ran the numbers to show what it requires to gank it. Adding in your numbers for the shield rep, that takes us to 27 catalysts. We can throw in 3 more just to make sure the numbers will work. And I’m still making 38 million ISK a gank. Which is around a 10% profit margin.
The numbers don’t lie. If you want to fit like this, feel free. But it’s not cost effective… And thus it’s not good advice.
Do bear in mind you will likely want to keep these gank alts’ security status from dipping too low, which is very pricey. 10% profit margin ganking is really no profit margin at all.
Pretty much
I’m okay with it.
You are correct. But keep in mind, I’m running all of these numbers in 0.9 space. As I said: as the sec status gets lower, the number of catalysts I’ll need go down quickly… which increases profit margin.
Quite a bit more EHP than your fit, btw.
Doesn’t the damage done seem a bit low to you? It’s on par with a T2 fit Hulk. It’s as if this guy forgot to activate his active tank.
Killmails report the literal HP damage done, not EHP.
