I get that, but this hulk fell after 19,000 damage.
Yes, that’s about how much raw HP a hulk has. Your fit in the OP has ~19,600 raw shield/armor/hull.
ah thanks
Anyway, I think the greater point is that you’re trying to outrun the bear, and that’s not really the goal of an EHP-based anti-ganking strategy.
Each of those DG invulns is worth a bit more than a hulk hull. Do you think you lose almost four T2-tank fit hulks before you lose this fit once? I don’t.
It’s fun for me to push the limits. I enjoy it. I get few pleasures here in High Sec and that’s one of them. I can afford the loss.
If you’re looking to push limits of mining, I would look elsewhere than EHP.
Have you considered pushing your yield limits? Abyssal mining modules could be a pretty fun way to spend ISK if you’ve got to much ISK and wish to push limits.
You know, if your Hulk has max-rolled abyssal ORE strip miners it might even start to make sense to use something more expensive than T2 hardeners in your mid slots, as it’s impact on the cost of your ship becomes relatively much smaller for the same EHP increase.
The payout is the killmail, anything that drops is bonus.
I run a skiff when I mine in HS. Just tonight in the Ice belt I seen suicide gankers take out about 5 miners. I was yellow boxed 3 times and told I better run to many times to count.
Been playing off and on since 2012. I get told 1,000 times a year that suicide gankers will kill procs and skiffs. They don’t. Build your proc/skiff for tank and it’s safe. I now have an entire ice belt to myself.
I’m not shaking in my boots or worried.
Oh I always use an over-tanked skiff when I mine ice. You’re absolutely right about them. It’s cute to listen to the gankers swear that they could blow you up at anytime!
My alt pilots the Skiff while I back her up in an Orca. The two most tankiest mining ships in High Sec!
Where are these cute swearing gankers?
Or is this some made-up scenario where you imagine yourself invulnerable to the seas of frustrated gankers who loudly proclaim they wish they could gank your ship?
I haven’t flown in high sec much, so it is possible the game there is as you describe. It would surprise me though.
Your post is a perfect example of what we are talking about. You nailed it!
a perfect example of swearing gankers, only with no swearing, or gankers.
![]()
Of trying to convince me that my ships are just as vulnerable as any max yield fit Hulk.
The fact that I have never been ganked speaks for itself.
Who is trying to convince you of what?
Are you imagining things again?
and tells me that ganking in highsec is all hype and doesn’t really happen significantly.
Maybe it’s your fit, but I suspect it’s just that suicide ganking has been nerfed hard and only a few people do it any more mostly for sentimental reasons.
Are you still trying to troll? You never fly where I do so I am curious why you believe you can speak for any or all of my interactions in this game. You know nothing of the interactions I have with other players.
But you’re quick to try and discredit me. With as many times as you do that, it’s proof that I live rent free in your head. It’s very cute, but I am married.
You’re welcome to attempt a PvP, but you’ve declined every invitation I’ve given you.
Trolling? No.
I’m just a bit allergic to boasting. And when people claim things that at first glance already appear to be illogical or plain wrong I am not afraid to speak up and question you.
For example it sounds very unlikely to me that there are people in this game who go around telling Skiff pilots “oh if only I could gank your ship”. People would much more likely either gank the ship or move on to kill another ship, not complain about it to the Skiff pilot.
Another example is that you think I’m a ganker or swearing, which is both verifiably wrong too. Then you try to convince me that I’m convincing you that your Skiff is as vulnerable as a max yield Hulk, even though I’ve been saying the opposite in this very thread which makes what you said an outright lie.
So yes, I do point it out when you try to discredit yourself through your own actions.
I have no interest in going to high sec for PvP when my intention is not to kill you, but to call out your boastful lies and other lies, so why would I take that invitation?
It’s not boasting if it’s true.
I’ve never been ganked. Not once. I’ve lost ships, but aside from a corvette in low sec, I have never died to a gate camp or suicide gank.
I’ve survived several gate camps and one gank attempt. I know how to survive and I know what the power is in High Sec.
I mine in 0.5 systems and I see red members of Safety almost every time I log in. I don’t even bother to leave the ice system anymore. I suppose you’d see red and hightail it vack to station, but I don’t see much point to that.
You don’t like confidence, but I’m not going to pretend to be afraid just to make you feel better.
And yes. There are gankers who tell me that. I’ve heard it a lot. “All it would take is…”
If you’d like me to screen cap those statements for you, it won’t come free. 1b ISK for my time. No money, no screen caps.
Pay up.
I’ll even screen cap all of the reds i see in system ganking ships around me for an extra 1 billion.
It was the other part of your post that I considered boasting:
It’s cute to listen to the gankers swear that they could blow you up at anytime!
You say you have screenshots, I don’t believe it but why would I pay you 1 billion ISK just so you can fabricate something to come across as someone who doesn’t tell lies, when you lie anyway in the two posts right after?
If you wish to come across as an honest person, why ask people to pay for honesty?
I never said I had screenshots.
That in no way says I have screenshots. I will take some the next time it happens and send them to you, but I never once claimed to have them. Please work on your reading comprehension. I’m begging you.