Unrewarding Grind

Of the last 40 or so covetor losses, four were in highsec.

1 Like

You would be surprised…

2 Likes

If your mining R4 moons in HS you should have the need components for Reinforced carbon fiber. Build and sell that on the market and you make a better profit.

1 Like

That would require going to lowsec, which is scary.

Very not true LOL.

More chance to be ganked in hisec than under the umbrella in null

Only if you don’t know where to go.

A little bit of work with F10 will sort you.

RCF is actually not all that good of a step to stop at. Better to sell the LSBU and AIPS

So you suggest people to buy omega time just to obtain resource which I already mentioned is sold cheaper in the market ? You must be joking.

High sec mining is busted, you can’t have fun enjoy high sec mine as an omega not loosing money.

Which in other way, encourage people to virtual box an alpha ccount for high sec mine cause you won’t earn money as omega anyway.

Thats how counter productive their system is.

The way they solve the virtual box problem is to discourage people to paid omega to mine high sec resource. which instead suggested people to virtual box alpha.

LMAO.

Simple solution: leave highsec.

Simple solution, not playing the game.

Might as well remove high sec mine since people suggest don’t touching it.

1 Like

You’re not going to be able to plex your account by doing low-risk things, because people are doing higher-risk stuff and getting more value = they’re willing to pay more for PLEX and prices go up.

Because it cost somebody time to do it.
Sure high risk must mean high reward but that doesn’t mean low risk should have negative reward.
Even it is low risk it still cost time to do it.
Thats value.

Plus again, the very thing they hate, the virtual box alpha mining, is actually encouraged by them, because of how punishing it is to omega high sec mine.

You don’t have a very good grasp of economics. The price of 500 plex is always going to be a function of how much time you spend and how much risk you take while spending it. If you woke up tomorrow and every rat in highsec paid 100b when you killed it, that wouldn’t make plexing any easier beyond the initial rush of buying up now-underpriced plex. People who spend money to buy plex would want more ISK for their plex since it would be silly to spend $20 or whatever 500 plex costs for 2.5b when that’s not even close to what one highsec rat pays in this bizarro world. The only way to make it easiest to plex in highsec would be to turn up the value generated per hour until it was competitive with nullsec, but that’s bad game design to offer the best rewards in the area with the least risk.

2 Likes

I don’t know your economy. No really I don’t.
All I know is they punish you do high sec mining as omega.
Encourage people to do virtual box alpha play.

The Stacmon mining fleet in fact pays 45M/hr + bonus instead of 30M/hr + bonus:

With stupidly cheap price. So cheap player who sold them loose plex time by mining them.

And 0.5 sec is not high sec, its not green, there are FLEET not even drones that kill you. How is it even high sec.

Oh is that what this game about, screwed the introvert? Can’t I just have fun solo mining while not loosing money?

Virtualbox instance doesn’t needs 4gb memory actively assigned to run on window 10/11
There are linux, I know my computer science degree. Besides its completely free other than power, but you need power to play omega any way might as well.

LOL imagine turning EVE into a job.

Sub one account. Play for fun.

Wild :smiley:

1 Like

If you dont receive a warning that you are warping to dangerous sec space, its high sec

It’s payed what it’s worth. 1 hour of covetor crab in 1.0 sec is 30M isk. One hour of omega subscription is around 3M isk assuming 5M isk per plex and a 30 day month. So you’re making an order of magnitude more income then you’re investing.

Most players would disagree with that definition I guess, and consider 0.5 highsec.

I dunno what the formal definition of highsec is, but to me it’s the space I am not allowed to gate into with a Captital Ship, not allowed to heavy interdict people, not allowed to BLOPS, and it’s the space I get concorded for shooting miners that were not flashing before I shot at them. 0.5 fits all those criteria, even if it’s yellow.
Ah, I also can’t stay in 0.5 for a prolongued time w/o some OP npcs spawning on me if my security standings are too low. In lowsec I can stay for as long as I want indepenend of security standings, and in null such a thing as security doesn’t exist to begin with.

Note that Jita / Perimeter / Rens / Amarr / Dodixie, which are the most popular highsecs, aren’t green either, but blue.

What is FLEET?

Drones that kill you don’t exist in the game unless you either AFK, your fit is complete junk or you have a massive lack of skill.

Define “fun”?
Given you’re actively avoiding mining with others, where you could say there’s a social aspect in the mining op, you’re basically attempting to do the least interactive activity that requires undocking, and complaining the game isn’t designed to reward you for it.

Well, then you know that pseudo-virtualization, like VirtualBox your are proposing, is considered inefficient by any means these days, and you also know about double caching issues pseudo-virtuallization causes, although in the case of video games it’ll be tripple caching, as Texture Proxies implemented by the video drivers keep any data transmitted to the graphics card resident in CPU memory in addition to keeping it on the video card.

There’s a reason we use containers these days for process isolation on Linux, or rather we were using them for a decade now on Linux, which was late to the game, as FreeBSD had it in widespread use for more then two decades now. Don’t know when Windows’ Hyper-V became “usable”, but it’s certainly not new, either.