So today I decided to update my MacOS client, as was offered in the prominent pop-up window within the launcher. So I docked in the system I was in, quit Eve and the launcher, and then restarted and logged back in.
Well, on my first jump out of the system I was in, I lost connection to the server and had to log back in. Fortunately, as is always the case, I was able to re-login quickly and found myself in the next system. I know for a fact (from other threads on this forum) that I am not the only one experiencing this disconnect issue which occurs 99% of the time when one’s ship lands in the next system after a jump.
After getting back to my journey to my destination, I noticed, to my disappointment, that the battery monitor on my Mac still showed that Eve was draining my battery. I thought the new client would fix this problem for sure! I’m getting concerned about this because we all know lithium batteries only have a certain number of cycles before they need replacing. Eve is the only application that does this, and I run a variety of intense 3D robot simulators and other applications. I have no idea how CCP managed to cause this problem as no one else has. Please fix this ASAP!!
I also noticed that the number of Cosmic Signature reported by The Agency for other systems was incorrect. I found this out by entering a system which ‘apparently’ had an new signature which I knew I had not scanned because I had scanned the only one in that system a few jumps ago. (I have reported this bug.)
It would be really convenient if scanned signatures were recorded locally, like other settings and logs, so that in the event of a disconnection the scanning information would be preserved when logging back in. At the moment, I have to re-scan everything I scanned earlier, a HUGE waste of time!!! We explorers need this feature so as to be able to proceed with our exploration style of game-play efficiently.
Another issue, which I have reported as a bug, is the fact that local, corp, etc. tabs in the main window are not shown in the correct order,and there is no “+” symbol on the RHS after the last tab (the one that lets you add new chat channels).
And lastly for now; with this new client, I was unable to activate modules by clicking their icons at some random points. Once the button’s become unresponsive, they are useless and the keyboard short-cuts need to be used instead (not a big issue except in an emergency). I discovered a workaround for this problem whereby I needed to dock and un-dock to reset their functionality (UI reload).
I hope this feedback reaches someone who actually cares about the customer’s experience.