Have factions create charities that accept ISK from capsuleers.
Have these charities create in-game news begging asking for money.
Give them some room in World News based on milestones or whatever.
I’m not saying that it would be a massive, raging success, but I’m saying that it’s doubtful that the amount of devtime needed to create such an ISK sink would be massive.
- People would feel like they can contribute to the health of the game/society.
- People would have more “EVE real life” things to talk about.
- More in-universe-Life perceived by players is ALWAYS better than less.
I know that many people treat this game as a collection of mini-games nowadays, but there’s still plenty of people left who treat people as what it is: A living, breathing universe.
That’s why this makes sense. It’s little things that make a universe feel alive and every single little thing adds up to that. Sure, in isolation they’re useless, but when seen as a whole they’re far more than the sum of their parts.
CCP’s side of things can be minmaxxed to:
- Setting up NPC capsuleers
- Giving them some backstory/description
- Writing occasional lore tidbits.
Does not seem too far out of reach to me.