What else are you playing?

My son and I used to play a lot of the first or second versions of Trainz. Agreed, sculpting a layout is hella fun.

Star trek armada mod for Sins of solar empire.
Nothing more satisfying than Janeway,Sisko and Picard responding to your commands unleashing salvos of photon torpedoes and phaser fire against Borg incursion.
A proper space massacre every time.

3 Likes

Warthunder and PUBG.

Space mmo, vehicle combat, and shooter. Got all bases covered.

I’m playing Worlds Adrift at the moment. A really funky “build your own floaty ship and battle it out” kind of thing with amazing, if borked, grappling physics. There’s some “yoho a pirate’s life for me” going on.

Yes it’s been in early access for a while, yes they had lay offs and cancelled new features, yes people are whining about how the game is dying, yes it only has a handful of players. But they ARE working on fixing the broken basic stuff and it’s REALLY funky.

Apart from that the player interaction is really cool, on the PVE server everyone is helpful, helping with schematics (blueprints) or even materials, people donate left and right helping people out. That is how I started, and now I’m returning that favour.

There’s also trading going on between the zones (there’s effectively high sec and 0.0 space and in 0.0 there’s the cool blueprints and materials, so some people venture out there to gather them, to then sell them in the safer zones.

All in all it’s actually really really interesting, if a bit empty and borked to hell. Then again, EVE was just like that in 2003.

Another cool video

OpenRA https://www.openra.net
It is an open source red alert/tiberium dawn/dune2000
FreeCiv https://sourceforge.net/projects/freeciv/
Open source civilisation like game

and FreeCol which is an open source remake of Colonization https://sourceforge.net/projects/freecol/

Runs on windows 10 and Linux.

Jumped on to see where SC was at and flew around checking out some missions, some planet landings and gained some criminal status (pffft) but overall still roughly the same. Saw Elite Dangerous was marked down to $21 us for the game plus some dlc last night so thought might as well give it a whirl to see what it’s about.

1 Like

MGSV
Command and Conquer Generals
The Saboteur
Assassins Creed Syndicate
Riot: Civil Unrest
hmmm…and many much more.

Just picked up Alien: Isolation cheap. I’m certainly enjoying the ambience so far.

1 Like

I downloaded Origin Apex Legends, but I removed it trying to save some hard disk space, but it didn’t give me any data storage space back.

I also downloaded a playable amount of data for the Assassin’s Creed Unity, however, my video card either is not compatible, or Direct X 11 is not installed, and the video card system may have problem, or I need a BIOS update, but I don’t know as my desktop had the same problem.

I also removed that 2nd one to try to free up space and still got no space.

2 Likes

I’m Elite veteran. Played first one on my commodore 64. Jumped into Frontier and First Encounters on PC. It was the first sandbox I played. Recently I bought Elite IV and it is like comming home from years of voyage. If you like simulators in space this is best one. It is very different game than EvE. Graphics sound and effects are amazing. Recently I dived to deep when fuel scooping from a star and my ship literaly started to melt, smoke everywhere, supercruise on cd, booster not avaible. Perfect immersion.

1 Like

Nice. Yeah I almost melted the ship a couple times doing that as well lol. So far enjoying it, have the DB Explorer to get around, and a Type-6 to grind some credits. Thinking gotta go check out Sol system, then put the DBX jump range to use and go see some other different scenery.

2 Likes

SidAlpha
Published on Jul 8, 2018
1 Like

I’m looking for a 4x game and so far i’m potentially interested in any of these:

• Age of Wonders III
  • Endless Space 2
  • Stellaris

I think AoW might be a little like Heroes of Might and Magic (a franchise I enjoyed), whereas Stellaris looks like Europa Universalis (a series I hated, too damn complex) but people claim it’s more forgiving, and Endless Space 2 is a mistery, neer heard of it.

Anyone has played any of these, what are your impressions?

Endless space 2 is similar to Master of Orion 2. Turn based, imperium builder in space.

Im so jaded I cant find anything to hold my attention :frowning:

2 Likes

About to go on another Worms World Party binge. The ancient old 2D thing has got it all.
Twitch skill (non-hyper)
Battle tactics
Destructible environment (part of battle tactics)
Occasionally befuddled but always vicious AI opponent [Edit: Starting out again with a new team of worms, and see that the AI is dumb at the first tiers, and gets progressively smarter as you rank up. Interesting concept!)
Absurd humor
Mayhem and do or die

1 Like

I have CyberPunk 2077 on pre-order, roll on April!

In the meantime I still spend many hours on Battletech. Now working through the ironman career modes to see how well I can do. Next DLC in December is named ‘Heavy Metal’. Given that I already have a full lance of 4 100 ton 'Mechs, I’m wondering exactly what they define as heavy metal

I would like to think Vees.

Though could be a nice big juicy Mech Pack. That would get me back in.

Ark Survival Evolved: Taming dinosaurs on unique maps… in space!

Warframe: it’s a hobby of mine to keep up and have 1 of every prime frame and interesting weapon. Just finished Wukong.

Rainbow Six Siege: when I’m not being instant headshotted by a peeking Doc/Rook I’m a formidable IQ Main.

Dark Souls III and Sekiro: I find it makes losing a ship in eve like a 2b Kronos to trigs a numb experience, respawn and try again.

Summoners War: Mobile Game I love playing, it makes the eve grind look like a walk in the park though. I’ve run giants 10 probably 20,000 times and only have maybe 80 high quality runes. Nice stock of good ones though.

Naruto Blazing: because I loved the anime and have made it a mission to collect every variation of Sasuke because he’s so OP 9/10.

1 Like